How US "ally" reacted to the fall of Afghanistan.

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"Their triumph showed that Afghans had “broken the shackles of slavery”, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan asserted."

The US is very willing to get into bed with the wrong people.

Saudi Arabia, which had most of the terrorists on 9/11. So the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Pakistan.

The US even supported the Khmer Rouge, simply because it wasn't Vietnam. The Vietnamese had to get rid of the evil that is the Khmer Rouge.

"Their triumph showed that Afghans had “broken the shackles of slavery”, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan asserted."

Saudi Arabia, which had most of the terrorists on 9/11. So the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Pakistan.

The US even supported the Khmer Rouge, simply because it wasn't Vietnam. The Vietnamese had to get rid of the evil that is the Khmer Rouge.

The Saudis had nothing to do with 9/11.. OBL hated the US and the Saudis. He wanted the US to declare war on the Saudis.

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe the Pakistanis know more about the Taliban and the problems in Afghanistan than we do?

The Saudis had nothing to do with 9/11.. OBL hated the US and the Saudis. He wanted the US to declare war on the Saudis.

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe the Pakistanis know more about the Taliban and the problems in Afghanistan than we do?

Well, the Saudis might have had something to do with 9/11, but Iraq certainly didn't. And who got invaded?

The problem with the Saudis, and the Pakistanis is they'll be "friends" with the US for their own gains, but they certainly do not like the US.

Of course the Pakistanis know more about the Taliban and the problems of Afghanistan. What's your point?

Well, the Saudis might have had something to do with 9/11, but Iraq certainly didn't. And who got invaded?

The problem with the Saudis, and the Pakistanis is they'll be "friends" with the US for their own gains, but they certainly do not like the US.

Of course the Pakistanis know more about the Taliban and the problems of Afghanistan. What's your point?

You don't know anything about the Saudis. They have been a US ally since the 1930s.. and they don't get foreign aid. Further, the Saudis are very pro-American for many reasons that you would never understand.. The people to people friendship runs deep between the American ex-pats and the Saudi people.

You don't know anything about the Saudis. They have been a US ally since the 1930s.. and they don't get foreign aid. Further, the Saudis are very pro-American for many reasons that you would never understand.. The people to people friendship runs deep between the American ex-pats and the Saudi people.

Do I not?

I mean, I've not been to Saudi Arabia and I've not met many Saudis, if any that I can remember. But I have been to the Middle East and seen the prevailing attitude and I have kept my eyes open for evidence.

The question is why are the US and the Saudis "allies"?

The first is that the US wants Saudi oil.
The second is that the US wants to control as many OPEC countries as it can.
We can see those four hostile OPEC countries in 2001 have suffered.
2002 US supported coup d'etat in Venezuela
2003 invasion of Iraq
2011 bombing of Libya
Heavy sanctions against Venezuela and Iran.
Threats against Iran from the US.

Be our friend, and we'll leave you alone.

A good reason for the Saudis to be friends with the US.

However the "your enemy's enemy is your friend" works here. The Saudis hate the Iranians. This is a Sunni/Shi'a thing. The Saudis want to take down the Iranians first. Then they'll work on Israel.

The problem with Saudi Arabia is "what is Saudi Arabia?" There's a lot of money floating around. The people in charge can't control all that money, all these people.

"In 1996, the UAE and Saudi Arabia were the only countries, apart from Pakistan, to recognise the Taliban government in Afghanistan, or the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as legitimate."

Why did the Saudis recognize the Taliban?

This time they won't, because they've found they can resist these things, just to get at Iran.

Also this article says the Saudis and UAE are friends with India. Maybe friends with India because India is friends with the US against China. Complex.

Here's an article which has the former leader of the Labour Party in the UK accusing Saudi Arabia of funding ISIS. Why? Corbyn is pro-Palestine, anti-right wing Israeli government who the Saudis oppose, though technically not officially.

"Saudi Arabia ‘top of the list’ of foreign funding for British terrorists – think tank"

", Saudi Arabia, is the main source of funding for Islamist extremism in the UK, a damning new report by the neo-conservative Henry Jackson Society (HJS) claims."

"Financing Terrorism: Saudi Arabia and Its Foreign Affairs"

" Once inside Saudi Arabia, these operatives solicit donations, often preying on the Islamic pillar of charity under the guise of charitable religious organizations. But information in US diplomatic cables revealed by Wikileaks suggests a far more insidious system of patronage is also at play — wealthy Saudis have knowingly funded fundamentalist Sunni militant and terrorist organizations around the world."

"Yet Saudi Arabia is not included in the State Department list of State Sponsors of Terrorism even though former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton described Saudi Arabia as a “critical source of terrorist funding.”"

There's enough evidence that a lot of money comes from Saudi Arabia. Like any person good at doing this sort of thing, you don't have the money wired from the Crown Prince of Saud's personal account. That would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Do I not?

I mean, I've not been to Saudi Arabia and I've not met many Saudis, if any that I can remember. But I have been to the Middle East and seen the prevailing attitude and I have kept my eyes open for evidence.

The question is why are the US and the Saudis "allies"?

The first is that the US wants Saudi oil.
The second is that the US wants to control as many OPEC countries as it can.
We can see those four hostile OPEC countries in 2001 have suffered.
2002 US supported coup d'etat in Venezuela
2003 invasion of Iraq
2011 bombing of Libya
Heavy sanctions against Venezuela and Iran.
Threats against Iran from the US.

Be our friend, and we'll leave you alone.

A good reason for the Saudis to be friends with the US.

However the "your enemy's enemy is your friend" works here. The Saudis hate the Iranians. This is a Sunni/Shi'a thing. The Saudis want to take down the Iranians first. Then they'll work on Israel.

The problem with Saudi Arabia is "what is Saudi Arabia?" There's a lot of money floating around. The people in charge can't control all that money, all these people.

"In 1996, the UAE and Saudi Arabia were the only countries, apart from Pakistan, to recognise the Taliban government in Afghanistan, or the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as legitimate."

Why did the Saudis recognize the Taliban?

This time they won't, because they've found they can resist these things, just to get at Iran.

Also this article says the Saudis and UAE are friends with India. Maybe friends with India because India is friends with the US against China. Complex.

Here's an article which has the former leader of the Labour Party in the UK accusing Saudi Arabia of funding ISIS. Why? Corbyn is pro-Palestine, anti-right wing Israeli government who the Saudis oppose, though technically not officially.

"Saudi Arabia ‘top of the list’ of foreign funding for British terrorists – think tank"

", Saudi Arabia, is the main source of funding for Islamist extremism in the UK, a damning new report by the neo-conservative Henry Jackson Society (HJS) claims."

"Financing Terrorism: Saudi Arabia and Its Foreign Affairs"

" Once inside Saudi Arabia, these operatives solicit donations, often preying on the Islamic pillar of charity under the guise of charitable religious organizations. But information in US diplomatic cables revealed by Wikileaks suggests a far more insidious system of patronage is also at play — wealthy Saudis have knowingly funded fundamentalist Sunni militant and terrorist organizations around the world."

"Yet Saudi Arabia is not included in the State Department list of State Sponsors of Terrorism even though former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton described Saudi Arabia as a “critical source of terrorist funding.”"

There's enough evidence that a lot of money comes from Saudi Arabia. Like any person good at doing this sort of thing, you don't have the money wired from the Crown Prince of Saud's personal account. That would be stupid, wouldn't it?

The Saudis fought ISIS tooth and nail. The US has NO control over OPEC and we buy very little oil from the OPEC producers. WE import oil from Canada, VZ, Mexico and now since Trump decided to punish VZ.. from Russia.

Recognizing the Taliban and their efforts towards law and order because they fought the insane warlords and the Afghan Mafia..

I have to be somewhere so I continue now, but I spent 20 years in KSA and I know their leadership.

Iran and Iraq have suffered because they were developed under the British model. .. and KSA was never a government project.. ARAMCO kept the US government from fucking with them for 80 years.

Pakistan.

All they had was Pot so we showed their asses and got Poppy !

The Saudis fought ISIS tooth and nail. The US has NO control over OPEC and we buy very little oil from the OPEC producers. WE import oil from Canada, VZ, Mexico and now since Trump decided to punish VZ.. from Russia.

Recognizing the Taliban and their efforts towards law and order because they fought the insane warlords and the Afghan Mafia..

I have to be somewhere so I continue now, but I spent 20 years in KSA and I know their leadership.

Iran and Iraq have suffered because they were developed under the British model. .. and KSA was never a government project.. ARAMCO kept the US government from fucking with them for 80 years.

And Pakistan fought against the Taliban, while harboring ibn Laden.

Do you really think because the government is charge says they're with the US govt, that they're 100% there?

You don't think rich people in the country aren't sending money to ISIS? You don't think even the government might be doing things that are contrary to alliance with the US?

Both are Wahhabi.

The US has loads of control over OPEC. When Hugo Chavez took power in Venezuela he attempted to make OPEC stronger, and the US attacked it massively.

Took out two leaders who opposed the US and heavy sanctions against the other two.

Do you really think because the government is charge says they're with the US govt, that they're 100% there?

You don't think rich people in the country aren't sending money to ISIS? You don't think even the government might be doing things that are contrary to alliance with the US?

Both are Wahhabi.

The US has loads of control over OPEC. When Hugo Chavez took power in Venezuela he attempted to make OPEC stronger, and the US attacked it massively.

Took out two leaders who opposed the US and heavy sanctions against the other two.

Taliban is Deobandi not Wahhabi. Neither is Pakistan or ISIS. What are you talking about?.

The US doesn't control OPEC.

Trump sanctioned VZ to buy oil from Russia.

Both are Wahhabi.

Taliban is Deobandi not Wahhabi.

Taliban is Deobandi not Wahhabi. Neither is Pakistan or ISIS. What are you talking about?.

The US doesn't control OPEC.

Trump sanctioned VZ to buy oil from Russia.

Well....

"Although IS is certainly an Islamic movement, it is neither typical nor mired in the distant past, because its roots are in Wahhabism, a form of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia that developed only in the 18th century."

"n order to conceptualize the mentality of ISIS and its motivation, look no further than inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to examine how its puritanical Wahhabi doctrine has enabled the ideology of ISIS and terrorist groups alike, and will continue to do so for potential Islamic extremist groups in the future."

I didn't say the US controlled OPEC. Stop trying to simplify it to primary school standards.

The US has attacked two of the four OPEC members who were opposed to the US in 2001.
Iraq and Libya both lost their anti-US leader, one replaced by a US puppet, the other in Civil War.
Then there's the sanctions against Iran and Venezuela. This means that the strengthening of OPEC in the early 2000s didn't happen. Why? Because countries could see what happens to those who oppose the US, either invasion or heavy sanctions. So OPEC has been bullied into submission.

This is control. The US doesn't "control" OPEC, it doesn't say "Now we're raising oil prices" and OPEC members raise oil prices. However the US can impact OPEC more than quite a few OPEC members. The "alliance" with Saudi Arabia means the Saudis are willing to do certain things for the US, more control for the US in OPEC.

Trump sanctioned Venezuela to try and toppled a government that is A) OPEC and B) opposed to the US. Other countries who oppose the US but aren't OPEC won't get such heavy sanctions. Those who are OPEC but don't oppose the US won't get sanctions at all.

Everybody thinks the US has fuckedup the Afghan thing. They're right.

To be more specific. Joe Dufus and his merry little band of idiots that are more concerned about diversity and CRT are the ones that fucked it up.

Last edited:

Well....

"Although IS is certainly an Islamic movement, it is neither typical nor mired in the distant past, because its roots are in Wahhabism, a form of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia that developed only in the 18th century."

"n order to conceptualize the mentality of ISIS and its motivation, look no further than inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to examine how its puritanical Wahhabi doctrine has enabled the ideology of ISIS and terrorist groups alike, and will continue to do so for potential Islamic extremist groups in the future."

I didn't say the US controlled OPEC. Stop trying to simplify it to primary school standards.

The US has attacked two of the four OPEC members who were opposed to the US in 2001.
Iraq and Libya both lost their anti-US leader, one replaced by a US puppet, the other in Civil War.
Then there's the sanctions against Iran and Venezuela. This means that the strengthening of OPEC in the early 2000s didn't happen. Why? Because countries could see what happens to those who oppose the US, either invasion or heavy sanctions. So OPEC has been bullied into submission.

This is control. The US doesn't "control" OPEC, it doesn't say "Now we're raising oil prices" and OPEC members raise oil prices. However the US can impact OPEC more than quite a few OPEC members. The "alliance" with Saudi Arabia means the Saudis are willing to do certain things for the US, more control for the US in OPEC.

Trump sanctioned Venezuela to try and toppled a government that is A) OPEC and B) opposed to the US. Other countries who oppose the US but aren't OPEC won't get such heavy sanctions. Those who are OPEC but don't oppose the US won't get sanctions at all.

ISIS may call themselves Wahhabi.. They aren't.

All the oil companies and embassies pulled out of Libya when civil war broke out.

The Arabs and NATO wanted the US to help with what was happening in Libya. Remember .. Libyan refugees were pouring into Italy.

I used to live in Tripoli .. Gaddafi was an uneducated, pompous ass that damned near killed Libya's oil production when he hired Abdullah Tariki who hated Americans. Remember him?.

ISIS may call themselves Wahhabi.. They aren't.

All the oil companies and embassies pulled out of Libya when civil war broke out.

The Arabs and NATO wanted the US to help with what was happening in Libya. Remember .. Libyan refugees were pouring into Italy.

I used to live in Tripoli .. Gaddafi was an uneducated, pompous ass that damned near killed Libya's oil production when he hired Abdullah Tariki who hated Americans. Remember him?.

Well, this isn't ISIS calling them that, there are plenty of other people calling them Wahhabi too.

So, oil companies pulled out of Libya, what's your point?

Not sure what point in time you're referring to with Libya. Before they bombed? After they bombed?

Gaddafi might have been a lot of things, but he hated the US, and he was taken down because his country had a lot of oil, was OPEC, and he hated the US.

Well, this isn't ISIS calling them that, there are plenty of other people calling them Wahhabi too.

So, oil companies pulled out of Libya, what's your point?

Not sure what point in time you're referring to with Libya. Before they bombed? After they bombed?

Gaddafi might have been a lot of things, but he hated the US, and he was taken down because his country had a lot of oil, was OPEC, and he hated the US.

Most of the talking heads on your TV have never been to KSA and don't know anything about the Wahhabis. Tread the Wahhabi Myth.

Gaddafi was a barefoot Bedouin boy with NO education. He was in fact a lot like Trump.. very vindictive whenever he made a fool of himself like drinking the rosewater out of a finger bowl at a state dinner. He'd go on the warpath threatening to assassinate other Arab leaders.

Gaddafi threw out the Libyan Constitution which was very enlightened. Shut down Wheelus and Tobruk and crashed the Libyan oil business when he nationalized it prematurely.

Like Trump he took credit for all the successful programs developed by Idris.

Forum List

Back