How Trump spent the war years

That is because they worship the almighty dollar. They are so far removed from being "family values" it is sinful.
dollar-sign-eyes.jpg

What is amazing is that when given the choice of a man who ridicules POWs and a genuine American hero........they side with Trump

Sad commentary on today's Republicans

What is amazing is that when given the choice of a man who ridicules POWs and a genuine American hero........they side with Trump

That's a false comparison. "ridicules POW's"... I'll give you one asshole POW not all POW's. "genuine American Hero"... back to this BS again. His service, sacrifice and bravery does not equal a pass on all future ridicule. He is a terrible Senator. Just because no one gives a crap about the terrible things you may have said in your life, doesn't give you moral authority to condemn anyone else.

McCain's policies (ie. actions since the war) are the equivalent of taking a huge dump on the other veterans of the war. He has been instrumental in changing America for the worse. Not all of his actions have been bad and I'm sure he's a nice guy. However, let's not Saint him just yet...

Republicans leading candidate for President

IT WAS THE spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good. He was 21 years old and handsome, with a full head of hair. He'd avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women, and outrageous clubs.

Most important, he had a job in his father's real estate company and a brain bursting with moneymaking ideas that would make him a billionaire.

"When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000," he said in his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal, written with Tony Schwartz. (That's about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) "I had my eye on Manhattan."

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot's body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations, and months of torture.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief this month when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa. "He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Wow, you must really hate Ted Kennedy. Tell us about that

Then let him say them in a diplomatic way, not like some third grader. He has been surrounded by "yes" men all his life. Which shows.
Think what he thinks about policy, by all means, but don't act like a jack-ass.

"I was on my 23rd mission, flying right over the heart of Hanoi in a dive at about 4,500 feet, when a Russian missile the size of a telephone pole came up — the sky was full of them — and blew the right wing off my Skyhawk dive bomber," he wrote in a 1973 account of his ordeal. "It went into an inverted, almost straight-down spin. I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection."

McCain regained consciousness when his parachute landed him in a lake. The explosion had shattered both arms and one of his legs. With 50 pounds of gear on him and one good limb, he struggled to swim to the surface.

North Vietnamese dragged him to shore. They stripped him to his underwear and began "hollering and screaming and cursing and spitting and kicking at me."

"One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly," he wrote. "Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting uptight." He was interrogated for four days, losing consciousness as his captors tried to beat information out of him. But he refused.

But Trump prefers the guys who weren't captured as his heroes
Is it possible to respect what McCain did without giving him a lifetime pass to be an idiot. Trump made a terrible comment but McCain has made multiple terrible comments and supported far too many turds coming out of Washington. I respect his service and admire his strength in an unbelievably difficult time. However, he does not receive a a pass from criticism on policy that affects us all. He is a war hero who is a terrible representative.

If Trump wanted to attack McCains record for vets, it is fair game even though McCain has been fighting for vets for 40 years and Trump has been doing it for two weeks

But to sneer at McCains time as a POW as not being worthy of being a hero is unforgivable
I understand the temptation to lump all experiences together when reflecting on a conversation. In our soundbite world, it is easy to pick apart something that was spoken in the heat of the moment. Anytime McCain makes a bonehead statement or supports a bill/person that is controversial, the "War Hero" mantra is turned up to 11. He wears it, whether intentionally or not, as a cloak that makes him immune to criticism. I think Trump was simply tired of stepping on egg shells and made a bonehead comment of his own. I don't even think Trump supports what Trump said.

I do believe that Trump is saying some things that need to be heard. Discounting his views would be a mistake. I also feel he is far too egocentric to be president. Anyone who cares more about their name/legacy has no place in the White House.
We need to stop caring so much about how things are said. That's how we get comments like "depends on what the definition of is, is". No one is right 100% of the time. People have flaws and say the wrong things from time to time. GET OVER IT.

IT WAS THE spring of 1968, and Donald Trump had it good. He was 21 years old and handsome, with a full head of hair. He'd avoided the Vietnam War draft on his way to earning an Ivy League degree. He was fond of fancy dinners, beautiful women, and outrageous clubs.

Most important, he had a job in his father's real estate company and a brain bursting with moneymaking ideas that would make him a billionaire.

"When I graduated from college, I had a net worth of perhaps $200,000," he said in his 1987 autobiography Trump: The Art of the Deal, written with Tony Schwartz. (That's about $1.4 million in 2015 dollars.) "I had my eye on Manhattan."

More than 8,000 miles away, John McCain sat in a tiny, squalid North Vietnamese prison cell. The Navy pilot's body was broken from a plane crash, starvation, botched operations, and months of torture.

The stark contrast in their fortunes was thrown into sharp relief this month when Trump belittled McCain during a campaign speech in Iowa. "He's not a war hero," Trump said of McCain. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."
Would you make up your mind? You love Trump when he blasts the other GOP candidates. And then you dump on him when he leads in the polls.
Are you off your meds?

That's a false comparison. "ridicules POW's"... I'll give you one asshole POW not all POW's. "genuine American Hero"... back to this BS again. His service, sacrifice and bravery does not equal a pass on all future ridicule. He is a terrible Senator. Just because no one gives a crap about the terrible things you may have said in your life, doesn't give you moral authority to condemn anyone else.

McCain's policies (ie. actions since the war) are the equivalent of taking a huge dump on the other veterans of the war. He has been instrumental in changing America for the worse. Not all of his actions have been bad and I'm sure he's a nice guy. However, let's not Saint him just yet...
Trump ridiculed ALL POWs

I like the guys who were not captured does not single out McCain. Implying those who were captured somehow took the easy way out

Where is the Republucan outrage?

Would you make up your mind? You love Trump when he blasts the other GOP candidates. And then you dump on him when he leads in the polls.
Are you off your meds?

Like Reagan once said......here we go again

The Rabbi makes wild claims and then runs away when challenged to support them. This is the point in the thread you get to point out anywhere that I ever supported Trump

Now, watch for The Rabbi two step

"I was on my 23rd mission, flying right over the heart of Hanoi in a dive at about 4,500 feet, when a Russian missile the size of a telephone pole came up — the sky was full of them — and blew the right wing off my Skyhawk dive bomber," he wrote in a 1973 account of his ordeal. "It went into an inverted, almost straight-down spin. I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection."

McCain regained consciousness when his parachute landed him in a lake. The explosion had shattered both arms and one of his legs. With 50 pounds of gear on him and one good limb, he struggled to swim to the surface.

North Vietnamese dragged him to shore. They stripped him to his underwear and began "hollering and screaming and cursing and spitting and kicking at me."

"One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly," he wrote. "Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting uptight." He was interrogated for four days, losing consciousness as his captors tried to beat information out of him. But he refused.

Is it possible to respect what McCain did without giving him a lifetime pass to be an idiot. Trump made a terrible comment but McCain has made multiple terrible comments and supported far too many turds coming out of Washington. I respect his service and admire his strength in an unbelievably difficult time. However, he does not receive a a pass from criticism on policy that affects us all. He is a war hero who is a terrible representative.

If Trump wanted to attack McCains record for vets, it is fair game even though McCain has been fighting for vets for 40 years and Trump has been doing it for two weeks

But to sneer at McCains time as a POW as not being worthy of being a hero is unforgivable
I understand the temptation to lump all experiences together when reflecting on a conversation. In our soundbite world, it is easy to pick apart something that was spoken in the heat of the moment. Anytime McCain makes a bonehead statement or supports a bill/person that is controversial, the "War Hero" mantra is turned up to 11. He wears it, whether intentionally or not, as a cloak that makes him immune to criticism. I think Trump was simply tired of stepping on egg shells and made a bonehead comment of his own. I don't even think Trump supports what Trump said.

I do believe that Trump is saying some things that need to be heard. Discounting his views would be a mistake. I also feel he is far too egocentric to be president. Anyone who cares more about their name/legacy has no place in the White House.
John McCain has fought for veterans his whole life. Trump has been doing it for two weeks

That Republucans think Trumpis a better representative of veterans issues is a travesty
McCain has fought for his version of what is best for Veterans. While it is admirable, SO WHAT? That's what he SHOULD be doing. Why does he get a gold star for doing his job? Why is he more revered for that than anybody doing the right thing. When you start to put people on pedestals shots will be taken. Trump took a stupid shot and should be admonished, not trivialized.

Ya you did and you know why? Because you are a fake.
That makes it too easy.
Gotcha phoney boy.

01-05-gotcha.gif

Nah! you are the one playing games.
See how you are now. Name calling and all. Hit a nerve on the pretender didn't I? LOL

Oh, Nam vet thing huh. Good try with trying to one up someone but that doesn't fit.
As long as the donald has people like you licking his boots. Keep up the good work "nam vet."
Insulting someone is how guys like you live.

11396539.gif

Aw, did the TRUTH upset you.... As a Nam Vet, Trump didn't upset me...OR my fellow Vets! You simply don't know what you are talking about!

Poll: Vets view Trump more favorably than war hero McCain!!!!!!!!!

BPR BizPac Review ^ | July 25, 2015 | Michael Dorstewitz
Veterans and military personnel apparently don’t mind what Donald Trump said about John McCain. A poll shows they view the Republican presidential candidate more favorably than they do the Arizona GOP senator. The YouGov.Economist poll was released on Friday.

Yes, the TRUTH when you scum can't use it to your advantage, becomes BULLSHIT... Thanks for playing NeoCommie!

Oh my, you caught me using YOUR tactics...Me Bad! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You got me? ROTFLMFAO..... Call me when you recover!

real-falcon-punch-funny-pic-guy-punches-girl.gif

John McCain has fought for veterans his whole life. Trump has been doing it for two weeks

That Republucans think Trumpis a better representative of veterans issues is a travesty

Did you forget he was also corrupt.... come on, you can do this Wingnut, just because he's a useful idiot to you now shouldn't mean you give him a pass! Did you scream and yell about the Keating FIVE???

Your HYPOCRISY is showing....again!

keating_5.jpg

Trump ridiculed ALL POWs

I like the guys who were not captured does not single out McCain. Implying those who were captured somehow took the easy way out

That was not his point and you know it. He was comparing two forms of heroism. It was a bad comparison.

I am not constantly perched on a limb waiting to be outraged. I, like many I think, was acutely aware that Trump made a stupid comment. He said something that did not come out the way he meant it. I, like many, will move on...

Ted Kennedy is running for President?
I thought he is dead?

Did you just say Ted "The Swimmer' Kennedy?

3dvPtQs.jpg

Trump ridiculed ALL POWs

That was not his point and you know it. He was comparing two forms of heroism. It was a bad comparison.

I am not constantly perched on a limb waiting to be outraged. I, like many I think, was acutely aware that Trump made a stupid comment. He said something that did not come out the way he meant it. I, like many, will move on...
I think it came out EXACTLY as Trump intended. Like a child, he has to come up with a worse insult when someone insults him

He made it clear who he thinks the real heroes are

Trump ridiculed ALL POWs

No, he didn't, but it gets in the way of your agenda! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

So basically McCain was doing communist propaganda videos and Trump was investing in the American dream. Well that explains why McCain spent the rest of his life pushing socialism to destroy this country while Trump spent the rest of his life building America.

Trump ridiculed ALL POWs

I think it came out EXACTLY as Trump intended. Like a child, he has to come up with a worse insult when someone insults him

He made it clear who he thinks the real heroes are
I am sad for you :( Processing the world with such finality and certainty is an angry an lonely way to live. It is possible to see the good and bad in a person and/or situation without degrading the "right" point of view.

Old lame paradigms are very hard to shake. Serving in the military doesn't give you a permanent free pass. And most of the whiny Republican dipshits defending him, absolutely savage Democrats who've served in the military. The same goes for hypocrite Democrats who treated McCain like shit in the last Election. Now suddenly some of them are rushing to defend McCain? Ha, what a joke. They can't be trusted on anything.

So as usual, many are just being dishonest hypocrites on the Trump/McCain feud. Personally, i feel McCain's free pass days are over. His Vietnam Card no longer plays. He can't be trusted on anything either. He's a corrupt ole coot. Period, end of story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back