How to resolve milky clear coat

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I went out this morning and applied a couple of coats of clear coat on the hood of one of my cars.

Apparently it was a bit too humid.

What happens when you spray clear coat in higher humidity is it turns a milky white.

Really peed me off nice and good, too, because (1) I knew better, and (2) because of the particular car it happened to be. Shoulda just waited longer before going out there.

Anyway, here's a solution I found on Youtube. Works....

I went out this morning and applied a couple of coats of clear coat on the hood of one of my cars.

Apparently it was a bit too humid.

What happens when you spray clear coat in higher humidity is it turns a milky white.

Really peed me off nice and good, too, because (1) I knew better, and (2) because of the particular car it happened to be. Shoulda just waited longer before going out there.

Anyway, here's a solution I found on Youtube. Works....

Of course i was thinking of this milky clear coating. I am such a perv.

1659363899541.png

If it's summer time, just park the car outside on a bright hot day and let the sun clear it up.

Yeah, I suppose that would have worked, too. It's gonna be cloudy for a few days, though.

The heat gun worked. But it blistered a couple of spots. So have to wet sand, repaint and clear those spots again now.

Sun probably would have been better and saved me from having to do that.

Live and learn, I guess.

Forum List

Back