Harley or Indian

Gold Wing has good reputation. I have never ridden one myself.
I have owned three Goldwings. A 79 (before they came with fairings and saddlebags), an 84 and my current ride, a 99, 50th Anniversary special edition. They are the most dependable, comfortable and functional touring motorcycle available. They handle the road very well. I like them better than the BMW, but that is also an exemplary motorcycle. I have put over 100K miles on my Goldwings.

rightside2.jpg

I prefer Harley's styling over Indian, but both are fine motorcycles.

This is my 2016 Street Glide:

thumbnail_IMG_4494.jpg

New indians like the Challenger and Scout series. I do not know the old Indians. They are no longer in production.

I knew a guy that had a late era Indian that looked identical to the 48 Chief in your photo. This was when they had their resurgence in the 90-00s. I just searched for when they reestablished the company and I was surprised that they are owned by Polaris now.
I had a 1958 Indian Lance once.
It was made by Royal Enfield.
It had the shifter on the right side.
Royal Enfield bought Indian in the early 50s.
They were the second owners.
Indian has been bought and sold several times.
Harley Davidson was owned by AMF once.

I'm not paying the price for a Harley or an Indian. Both are great bikes, but I'll just ride my rice burning Yamaha. If either of those bikes could increase the enjoyment I have on my bike, I don't think I could stand it.

I'm not paying the price for a Harley or an Indian. Both are great bikes, but I'll just ride my rice burning Yamaha. If either of those bikes could increase the enjoyment I have on my bike, I don't think I could stand it.
Are you a sport rider? You a Yamaha R? or do you ride the Vmax or a cruiser? i do not know all the Yamaha models.

Forum List

Back