How to get righties to wear masks

...Still waiting on the definitive study that PROVES which mitigation efforts were effective and which weren't. In the end, I think we're going to find most weren't.
Even if no such study ever materialzes...

If you have have two people walking through a COVID-19 ward...

And Person A wears a mask that blocks 90% of droplets from coming in or out of the wearer's lungs...

And Person B does not wear a mask...

And Las Vegas odds-makers were calculating the odds for which one is more likely to become sick...

Which one is Smart Vegas Money gonna choose as most likely to become sick?

-------

Common sense... sheesh.

That would depend on proximity. Wouldn't it?

I went to the barber shop this morning and then stopped by a grocery store on the way back.

Never wore a mask. Piss on masks. They don't protect worth shit.

Besides, I am vaccinated. That means I can't get it or give it to anybody else.

Once again, you are a verbose poster with NO FACTS. Try again or try reading the links I posted.
If your ideological zealotry compels you to rage against simple, preventative measures recommended by public health experts, so be it.

Thank you. Once again you have no FACTS to support your mystical beliefs. I proved with statistics that the cloth masks worn by the vast majority of citizens have no effect, whatsoever in slowing the spread of COVID-19.

Thank you. Once again you have no FACTS to support your mystical beliefs. I proved with statistics that the cloth masks worn by the vast majority of citizens have no effect, whatsoever in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
You're welcome. I have no doubt the ideologues can come up with self-serving information that contradicts prevailing science. Do different types of masks have varying degrees of effectiveness is preventing the transmission of the covid virus? Yes, they do.

This, from a reputable source of medical information, may be of help to you:

How do the different types of masks work?
Medical masks
Also called surgical masks, these are loosefitting disposable masks. They're meant to protect the wearer from contact with droplets and sprays that may contain germs. A medical mask also filters out large particles in the air when the wearer breathes in.​
To make medical masks more form-fitting, knot the ear loops where they attach to the mask. Then fold and tuck the unneeded material under the edges.​
N95 masks
An N95 mask is a type of respirator. It offers more protection than a medical mask does because it filters out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales.​
Because N95 masks have been in short supply, the CDC has said they should be reserved for health care providers. Health care providers must be trained and pass a fit test before using an N95 mask. Like surgical masks, N95 masks are intended to be disposable. However, researchers are testing ways to disinfect and reuse them.​
Some N95 masks, and even some cloth masks, have valves that make them easier to breathe through. Unfortunately, these masks don't filter the air the wearer breathes out. For this reason, they've been banned in some places.​
Cloth masks
A cloth mask is intended to trap respiratory droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. It also acts as a barrier to protect the wearer from inhaling droplets released by others.​
The most effective cloths masks are made of multiple layers of tightly woven fabric like cotton. A mask with layers will stop more droplets from getting through your mask or escaping from it.​
How to get the most from your mask
The effectiveness of cloth and medical masks can be improved by ensuring that the masks are well fitted to the contours of your face to prevent leakage of air around the masks' edges.​
Masks should be snug over the nose, mouth and chin, with no gaps. You should feel warm air coming through the front of the mask when you breathe out. You shouldn't feel air coming out under the edges of the mask.​
Masks that have a bendable nose strip help prevent air from leaking out of the top of the mask.​
Some people choose to wear a disposable mask under their cloth mask. In that case, the cloth mask should press the edges of the disposable mask against the face. Don't add layers if they make it hard to breathe or obstruct your vision.​
Proper use, storage and cleaning of masks also affects how well they protect you. Follow these steps for putting on and taking off your mask:​
Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on your mask.​
Place your mask over your mouth and nose and chin.​
Tie it behind your head or use ear loops. Make sure it's snug.​
Don't touch your mask while wearing it.​
If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.​
If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can get rid of it or wash it.​
Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.​
Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.​
Regularly wash cloth masks in the washing machine or by hand. (They can be washed along with other laundry.)​
What about face shields?
The CDC doesn't recommend using face shields instead of masks because it's unclear how much protection shields provide. However, wearing a face mask may not be possible in every situation. If you must use a face shield instead of a mask, choose one that wraps around the sides of your face and extends below your chin.​

If lefties really want righties to wear masks, all that needs to happen is lefties just tell the truth if mask culture really is the truth. Instead of censoring all anti-mask information, just leave it alone and show why the anti mask information or articles are flawed. Transparency. The most important thing that I would need to see if I were to start wearing a mask is a reasonable explanation of how exactly masks stop a virus or droplet from passing through holes that are 1000 times larger. Show me how on earth this happens, and I'll wear a mask.

You wing-nuts want to hear the truth? We could care less if you morons don't wear a mask. Stick with the other right-wing idiots and die. We could care less. It's when you try to come around us that we care if you don't wear a mask. Get it now?

There, now you heard the truth. Let's see if you idiots can handle the truth.

IF, masks were as effective as you claim, why would my wearing a useless cloth mask matter?
Another idiot who needs the concept of masks explained. LOL.

Sorry sweetheart. If you haven't yet got the concept of masks, you never will. Buh-bye.

If lefties really want righties to wear masks, all that needs to happen is lefties just tell the truth if mask culture really is the truth. Instead of censoring all anti-mask information, just leave it alone and show why the anti mask information or articles are flawed. Transparency. The most important thing that I would need to see if I were to start wearing a mask is a reasonable explanation of how exactly masks stop a virus or droplet from passing through holes that are 1000 times larger. Show me how on earth this happens, and I'll wear a mask.

You wing-nuts want to hear the truth? We could care less if you morons don't wear a mask. Stick with the other right-wing idiots and die. We could care less. It's when you try to come around us that we care if you don't wear a mask. Get it now?

There, now you heard the truth. Let's see if you idiots can handle the truth.

You wing-nuts want to hear the truth? No one gives a rat's ass what you care about. I know your religion of leftism tells you that your opinion and approval are hugely important to everyone, so that you can run around passing judgements on things, but the actual truth is that no amount of preaching the gospel of leftism will ever make you matter.

I suggest you try learning to care about something other than controlling other people.
LOL. Controlling other people? Is that what you call wearing masks so as not to spread disease? And you morons wonder why the world laughs at you.

You wing-nuts want to hear the truth? We could care less if you morons don't wear a mask. Stick with the other right-wing idiots and die. We could care less.
Part of me feels that way but the more responsible part of me says that I don't want to kill someone who has not yet been vaccinated.

That part also realizes that the more virus there is in the country the greater the chance is for variants that my vaccine won't protect me from.

WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK

Nope. No mask no vaccine.
Good. Any way we can cull the herd, the better.

The fact is more than 90% of Americans, including republicans BTW, wear masks when the go out in public. Another fact is masks didn't stop the winter spike in cases. That's reality.

They say the reason the flu is nonexistent now is because everyone is wearing masks. And then they say the reason there’s covid deaths is because people aren’t wearing masks :lol:

You wing-nuts want to hear the truth? We could care less if you morons don't wear a mask. Stick with the other right-wing idiots and die. We could care less.
Part of me feels that way but the more responsible part of me says that I don't want to kill someone who has not yet been vaccinated.

That part also realizes that the more virus there is in the country the greater the chance is for variants that my vaccine won't protect me from.

WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK

99% recovery rate--good luck culling moron.

I went to a Winn Dixie grocery store this morning to pick up a couple of things.

I didn't wear a mask. There were several other people in the store that didn't wear one either. None of the store employees said a word. A couple of them were wearing their mask below their noses anyhow so what difference did it make?

Fuck this mask shit.
Same in my town. More people in Walmart without than with.

The fact is more than 90% of Americans, including republicans BTW, wear masks when the go out in public. Another fact is masks didn't stop the winter spike in cases. That's reality.

They say the reason the flu is nonexistent now is because everyone is wearing masks. And then they say the reason there’s covid deaths is because people aren’t wearing masks :lol:
Fancy That!

You're welcome. I have no doubt the ideologues can come up with self-serving information that contradicts prevailing science. Do different types of masks have varying degrees of effectiveness is preventing the transmission of the covid virus? Yes, they do.

Have you ever been honest with yourself?

I provided FACTS along with the working links. You provided NOTHING.

NO one has ever said that different types of masks have varying degrees of effectiveness.

All you did was resort to the usual far-left resort, DEFLECT! Unlike you, and most all Progressives, I deal in the REAL WORLD. You deal in a fairytale world. You view the wearing of masks exactly the same way Progressives deal with tax cuts. Progressives deal in what is called a static economy, the real world while Republicans deal with dynamic economic projections.

Why is that so difficult for Progressives to understand?

And that doesn't even account for all the Disney visitors, beach goers, and golfers who got infected in Virus Florida and brought it back home to their states
You are an idiot......

The sun kills and weakens the virus---BEACH GOERS aren't getting the fucking virus. There has been no reported outbreak from any beach......

Young people out in the sun-----at worst exposes them to a weaker version of the virus creating immunity.

Drinking at parties and kissing up on numberous people has been documented to spread the virus among the young and healthy which again creates immunity. And fyi, its those escaping lock down bringing the virus here that have been most of this.

Disney is a lib thing-----love to see you idiotic libs out to shut disney down. (I prefer bush Garden for food/prices/german beer and as being more relaxing to be at personally.)

Golf? HOW the FUCK do you think golfers are spreading the virus? Honestly, do you have any clue how the virus is spread? Golfers tend to move in small groups---keep a bit of distance amongst themselves and certainly between golfing parties---------are out under the sun and in fresh air which limits the virus immensely while producing Vit D and exercise that help people fight the virus even when exposed especially to weakened sun cooked virus's.
You can't explain anything to these ignorant fucks. They couldn't think for themselves if their lives depended on it. How else do you think traitor Joe and Kameltoe became residents of DC?

WEAR YOUR FUCKING MASK

It must be so hard to live in that kind of fear.

Have you ever been honest with yourself?

I provided FACTS along with the working links. You provided NOTHING.

NO one has ever said that different types of masks have varying degrees of effectiveness.

All you did was resort to the usual far-left resort, DEFLECT! Unlike you, and most all Progressives, I deal in the REAL WORLD. You deal in a fairytale world. You view the wearing of masks exactly the same way Progressives deal with tax cuts. Progressives deal in what is called a static economy, the real world while Republicans deal with dynamic economic projections.

Why is that so difficult for Progressives to understand?
Your tirade against PPE appears to be ideologically-driven, and I prefer the consensus of qualified medical experts' data-based conclusions in such medical matters to that of ideologues with no discernible medical expertise.

What anyone who dares to see and think for himself can see is that the flu is “nonexistent” because most flu cases are now being diagnosed as COVID-1984.

Forum List

Back