How to determine eye colour properly

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
I took two pictures, in the same room, same position on the chair, same room lightning, with the same Huawei phone. Once I did it with flash and once without. Do you see a difference in eye colour? (I do in one they look brown and in one they look so dark as if they are black). Which one do you think is more correct? Thanks.

a) with phone flash

b) without phone flash

The differences are consistent with your skin tone ... the eye color we perceive depends entirely on the external source of light ... someone won't have blue eyes if the only light available is red ...

I suggest going outside and using sunlight as our standard light source ... everybody has easy access and sunlight has all the colors we need included ...

Getting cabin fever with the on-going lock downs too? ...

The differences are consistent with your skin tone ... the eye color we perceive depends entirely on the external source of light ... someone won't have blue eyes if the only light available is red ...

I suggest going outside and using sunlight as our standard light source ... everybody has easy access and sunlight has all the colors we need included ...

Getting cabin fever with the on-going lock downs too? ...

At 10" it's clear you have light brown eyes ... perfect shot ... now with this standard light source, you can better compare your own eye color with others ... my own eyes are blue-grey steel ... the kind that get 20-something little girls throwing their bodies against me ...

Forum List

Back