Zone1 How to be a Christian without being exploited

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Being street smart used to be second nature to me, I grew up in a rough neighborhood and learned at an early age that people take advantage of others. After all I have been through as a loyal, though imperfect Christian, I have to ask, how do peaceful Christians or those of any faith really, live their lives wthout being taken advantage of? How do we find our inner lion again instead of our inner deer? Sometimes I just need to be able to fight back without feeling remorse.

Being street smart used to be second nature to me, I grew up in a rough neighborhood and learned at an early age that people take advantage of others. After all I have been through as a loyal, though imperfect Christian, I have to ask, how do peaceful Christians or those of any faith really, live their lives wthout being taken advantage of? How do we find our inner lion again instead of our inner deer? Sometimes I just need to be able to fight back without feeling remorse.

An actual born-again, spirit-filled Christian, that is truly walking with Jesus, carrying his or her cross daily, will acquire and develop the knowledge and wisdom to deal with the world with all of its challenges. There is a supernatural "gravitas" or power that every sincere obedient believer possesses that allows them to end a wicked aggressor's hostile intentions and actions with a mere look. I know brothers who are so full of the Holy Spirit, that they can simply look at someone and stop them from continuing with their hostilities. They can even bring that person to tears, or trigger a sense of fear in them. It's "Jedi-like" in its power. It's the divine "force" that the prophets and apostles had. The Holy Spirit isn't an impersonal force or power, but nonetheless, the person of the Holy Spirit bestows power. He provides you with the divine "force", to overcome all obstacles. Ini Greek it is ENERGIA and DUNAMIS. In English, we get the word "energy" from the Greek Energia. And we get the word "dynamo" or "dynamite" from the Greek Dunamis.

If you're a male. Practice continence. Keep your semen in your gonads. don't masturbate. That procreative, sexual energy, is transmuted into every other area of your life. So if you want to become a truly influential and powerful witness of Christ, you must practice continence.

Last edited:
If you want an inner lion, then religion isn't for you. You can better develop your bully skills by boxing, or MMA.

An actual born-again, spirit-filled Christian, that is truly walking with Jesus, carrying his or her cross daily, will acquire and develop the knowledge and wisdom to deal with the world with all of its challenges. There is a supernatural "gravitas" or power that every sincere obedient believer possesses that allows them to end a wicked aggressor's hostile intentions and actions with a mere look. I know brothers who are so full of the Holy Spirit, that they can simply look at someone and stop them from continuing with their hostilities. They can even bring that person to tears, or trigger a sense of fear in them. It's "Jedi-like" in its power. It's the divine "force" that the prophets and apostles had. The Holy Spirit isn't an impersonal force or power, but nonetheless, the person of the Holy Spirit bestows power. He provides you with the divine "force", to overcome all obstacles. Ini Greek it is ENERGIA and DUNAMIS. In English, we get the word "energy" from the Greek Energia. And we get the word "dynamo" or "dynamite" from the Greek Dunamis.

If you're a male. Practice continence. Keep your semen in your gonads. don't masturbate. That procreative, sexual energy, is transmuted into every other area of your life. So if you want to become a truly influential and powerful witness of Christ, you must practice continence.
Sorry, I sense you were being serious and I appreciate the response. However, I did laugh in a hardy fashion.after reading your response.

Last edited:
If you want an inner lion, then religion isn't for you. You can better develop your bully skills by boxing, or MMA.
Meh, I dont need self defense. I need better awareness, judgement and clarity. Too many years of abuse has ruined my minds mental focus.

You can't jerk off, but does that mean you won't continue giving your weekly handjobs to others down at the truck stop?

How are you being "taken advantage of"?

Being a Christian does not mean you open yourself to abuse.

Walking away from abusive people does not mean you hate them or wish them ill. Pray for them. But walk away.

Being a Christian does not mean you open yourself to abuse.

Walking away from abusive people does not mean you hate them or wish them ill. Pray for them. But walk away.
I agree Sue, the police are making it difficult with their deception. Considering their unaccountable history, this concerns me. I am asking for a simple clarification and they have not given it. I can't lie that I am still fragile from all that I experienced from her, it's a nightmare (sometimes literally as tonight when I woke up.from one), emotionally torture all thenyears that Inexperienced. Me being denied work made it worse.

Forum List

Back