How Ted Cruz Crushed the New York Times

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Anyone who takes the words of the NYorkSlimes, the WashingtonCompost, etc can count themselves to be uninformed and suckers. maybe at ONE time they were the rag of integrity NOT today. they are IN BED with the Democrat party. a Republican will NEVER get a fair shake from those now DNC partisan hacks who put out nothing but GARBAGE hit pieces.

SNIP:
Cruz Crushes the 'New York Times'

By Andrew Klavan January 15, 2016

narrative_versus_reality_mobile_4-24-15-1.sized-770x415xc.jpg

debate:

There are many, many wonderful, wonderful working men and women in the state of New York. But everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal or pro-abortion or pro- gay-marriage, focus around money and the media….Not a lot of conservatives come out of Manhattan. I’m just saying.

As a conservative who comes out of Manhattan, I knew exactly what he was saying and agreed. But as I watched him, I felt I could almost hear him working out the political calculation in his head: "I'm going to lose New York anyway and most people in the country agree with this..." and I couldn't help thinking he was walking into a minefield. Indeed, Trump's response, singing the praises of the Big Apple for its behavior during 9/11, was The Donald's big score of the night, and you could see on Cruz's face that he knew it.

All in all though, I thought Senator Ted had a great debate, his best so far and the best of anyone on the platform. For me, the high point was his response to a New York Times hit piece headlined "Ted Cruz Didn't Report Goldman Sachs Loan in a Senate Race." The Times, a former newspaper, actually tore some front page space away from its eight or nine articles eulogizing David Bowie's pioneering androgyny to attack Cruz for this obviously innocent paperwork error and, when Fox Business news questioner Maria Bartiromo brought the piece up during the debate, Cruz's response was masterful:

Well Maria, thank you for passing on that hit piece in the front page of the New York Times. You know the nice thing about the mainstream media, they don't hide their views. The New York Times a few weeks back had a columnist who wrote a column saying, "Anybody But Cruz." Had that actually -- that same columnist wrote a column comparing me to an evil demonic spirit from the move, "It Follows" that jumps apparently from body to body possessing people.

So you know the New York Times and I don't have exactly have the warmest of relationships. Now in terms of their really stunning hit piece, what they mentioned is when I was running for senate -- unlike Hillary Clinton, I don't have masses of money in the bank, hundreds of millions of dollars. When I was running for senate just about every lobbyist, just about all of the establishment opposed me in the senate race in Texas and my opponent in that race was worth over 200 million dollars. He put a 25 million dollar check up from his own pocket to fund that campaign and my wife Heidi and I, we ended up investing everything we owned.

all of it here:

New York City is the greatest city in the world

Cruz is a second rate politician from Canada

Anyone who takes the words of the NYorkSlimes, the WashingtonCompost, etc can count themselves to be uninformed and suckers. maybe at ONE time they were the rag of integrity NOT today. they are IN BED with the Democrat party. a Republican will NEVER get a fair shake from those now DNC partisan hacks who put out nothing but GARBAGE hit pieces.

SNIP:

debate:

There are many, many wonderful, wonderful working men and women in the state of New York. But everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal or pro-abortion or pro- gay-marriage, focus around money and the media….Not a lot of conservatives come out of Manhattan. I’m just saying.

As a conservative who comes out of Manhattan, I knew exactly what he was saying and agreed. But as I watched him, I felt I could almost hear him working out the political calculation in his head: "I'm going to lose New York anyway and most people in the country agree with this..." and I couldn't help thinking he was walking into a minefield. Indeed, Trump's response, singing the praises of the Big Apple for its behavior during 9/11, was The Donald's big score of the night, and you could see on Cruz's face that he knew it.

All in all though, I thought Senator Ted had a great debate, his best so far and the best of anyone on the platform. For me, the high point was his response to a New York Times hit piece headlined "Ted Cruz Didn't Report Goldman Sachs Loan in a Senate Race." The Times, a former newspaper, actually tore some front page space away from its eight or nine articles eulogizing David Bowie's pioneering androgyny to attack Cruz for this obviously innocent paperwork error and, when Fox Business news questioner Maria Bartiromo brought the piece up during the debate, Cruz's response was masterful:

Well Maria, thank you for passing on that hit piece in the front page of the New York Times. You know the nice thing about the mainstream media, they don't hide their views. The New York Times a few weeks back had a columnist who wrote a column saying, "Anybody But Cruz." Had that actually -- that same columnist wrote a column comparing me to an evil demonic spirit from the move, "It Follows" that jumps apparently from body to body possessing people.

So you know the New York Times and I don't have exactly have the warmest of relationships. Now in terms of their really stunning hit piece, what they mentioned is when I was running for senate -- unlike Hillary Clinton, I don't have masses of money in the bank, hundreds of millions of dollars. When I was running for senate just about every lobbyist, just about all of the establishment opposed me in the senate race in Texas and my opponent in that race was worth over 200 million dollars. He put a 25 million dollar check up from his own pocket to fund that campaign and my wife Heidi and I, we ended up investing everything we owned.

all of it here:
Stephanie, I presume you posted Mr. Klavan's article because you agree with his position. If you feel NYT and WaPo are Democratic rags, which source would you recommend for 'real' unadulterated unfiltered facts?

SNIP:

debate:

all of it here:
Stephanie, I presume you posted Mr. Klavan's article because you agree with his position. If you feel NYT and WaPo are Democratic rags, which source would you recommend for 'real' unadulterated unfiltered facts?
I find it hilarious that she blames Cruz's bad behavior on a report about his bad behavior.

Ironically, Trump’s preposterous defense of “New York values,” citing the cleanup after 9/11 was a classic example of New York narcissism that is at the heart of the “New York values” that people find so nauseating.
The first responders in New York didn’t do anything more heroic than the fire fighters and police do around the country (i.e., in “fly-over country”), every day, albeit on a much larger scale due to the size of the buildings.
And there was no “charity” work done in the cleanup, they were all union workers hoping to make a killing on overtime, and STILL – fifteen years later - looking for government to throw more money at them for real and imagined physical problems coming from months of exposure to the soot.
Yeah, it’s a great example of New Yorkers being New Yorkers, at the expense of everyone else.

Does PJ Media provide the bucket to carry Cruz's water or do you have to supply your own? :dunno:

SNIP:

debate:

all of it here:
I find it hilarious that she blames Cruz's bad behavior on a report about his bad behavior.
She could also develop discernment. It was an opinion piece, not news. Has either paper published unfavorable hit pieces on Hillary, Bernie, Barack?

SNIP:

debate:

all of it here:

With Stephanie, that'd be Breibart or WND.
Something like Reuter's (probably the best place for unbiased news) would be out, because, well they don't take sides.
This means they don't take the conservative side, so they must be evil and liars.,

Yet Farwell Jr is probably going to endorse Trump later today. Unreal, but the money hungry love those with money.

Ironically, Trump’s preposterous defense of “New York values,” citing the cleanup after 9/11 was a classic example of New York narcissism that is at the heart of the “New York values” that people find so nauseating.
The first responders in New York didn’t do anything more heroic than the fire fighters and police do around the country (i.e., in “fly-over country”), every day, albeit on a much larger scale due to the size of the buildings.
And there was no “charity” work done in the cleanup, they were all union workers hoping to make a killing on overtime, and STILL – fifteen years later - looking for government to throw more money at them for real and imagined physical problems coming from months of exposure to the soot.
Yeah, it’s a great example of New Yorkers being New Yorkers, at the expense of everyone else.
DSG, that's a bit harsh. And if government uses my money to cover their diseases caused by their work under overwhelming circumstances, I'm happy to contribute. Just like any other vets, who thru no fault of their own, ran out their coverage and are dying and leaving their families in a hard place, we owe them more than bitterness for costing us money. And if disaster happens in Omaha, I am pretty sure I'd feel the same. Just my humble opinion, but thinking they went to work for days on end in that hellhole so they could make a killing on overtime is a tad heartless. And FYI, cancer doesn't go away after 15 years. Have a heart, friend. New Yorkers may seem snobby to us hayseeds, but THAT DAY is theirs!

Those first responders suffered from asbestos inhalation and need to be taken of medically.

Better than any slime ball you retards got, especially hildabeast.

I can't believe they are still thinking of voting for her. she's under Investigation as we speak. how is she being allowed to run for President? there is something very wrong with people who won't stop and look a person Character they plan on putting in as President ONLY because they want to WIN something

Better than any slime ball you retards got, especially hildabeast.

Ahh...yes
The rightwing hatred comes forth

Unfortunately for you, nobody buys it outside the rightwing echo chamber

You mean like the hatred one of your own, Sealybobo, has when he advocates violence and breaking of legs if someone crosses a picket line in order to feed his family?

When people who lives in a city believes they are the best thing since white bread. all I call that is the warped views of the New York values and braggarts

I was taught it's rude to try to hold yourself up as better than everyone else. but that was many moons ago I guess..you want to talk about ugly

Forum List

Back