The WNBA is Boring and its Players are Stupid

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
First, let me say that I am a fan of women's basketball (my daughter played on a college team). Secondly, I thought the Women's Finals this year were fantastic. HOWEVER, I think the WNBA is so boring as to be unwatchable, and many of its players are whiny bitches who think they are entitled to something without having to earn it. Now that I've gotten that off my chest...

One of the reasons the WNBA is boring because it is too predictable. It seems like the teams repeat the same plays over and over again until the shot clock starts to wind down and someone tries a long shot. This may due to larger players clogging up the middle and preventing others from driving to the basket. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that very few players can play above the basket, thus eliminating most of the exciting moves that NBA fans enjoy watching.

In addition, the WNBA is very resistant to changes that might make its games more interesting. When it is suggested that the basket be lowered to allow for more over-the-rim action, many players take it as insulting to women. Yoo-hoo, have any of them noticed that the net in women's volleyball is lower than the men's net? Do they really think that women's volleyball would be more interesting to watch without spiking the ball?

This leads to an even bigger problem within the WNBA: It's players don't acknowledge any connection between their salaries and their entertainment value. If they did, they would be a lot more open to making their game more exciting and profitable. As it is, today's WNBA is little more than a charity league sponsored by the NBA. Why keep up the pretense?

Last edited:
First, let me say that I am a fan of women's basketball (my daughter played on a college team). Secondly, I thought the Women's Finals this year were fantastic. HOWEVER, I think the WNBA is so boring as to be unwatchable, and many of its players are whiny bitches who think they are entitled to something without having to earn it. Now that I've gotten that off my chest...

One of the reasons the WNBA is boring because it is too predictable. It seems like the teams repeat the same plays over and over again until the shot clock starts to wind down and someone tries a long shot. This may due to larger players clogging up the middle and preventing others from driving to the basket. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that very few players can play above the basket, thus eliminating most of the exciting moves that NBA fans enjoy watching.

In addition, the WNBA is very resistant to changes that might make its games more interesting. When it is suggested that the basket be lowered to allow for more over-the-rim action, many players take it as insulting to women. Yoo-hoo, have any of them noticed that the net in women's volleyball is lower than the men's net? Do they really think that women's volleyball would be more interesting to watch without spiking the ball?

This leads to an even bigger problem within the WNBA: It's players don't acknowledge any connection between their salaries and their entertainment value. If they did, they would be a lot more open to making their game more exciting and profitable. As it is, today's WNBA is little more than a charity league sponsored by the NBA. Why keep up the pretense?
Good points. I also enjoyed the women's final, my daughter attended Baylor while Kim Mulkey coached there and the games were always exciting.
Angel Reese from LSU makes more money as a college basketball player then she will in the WNBA.

Good points. I also enjoyed the women's final, my daughter attended Baylor while Kim Mulkey coached there and the games were always exciting.
Angel Reese from LSU makes more money as a college basketball player then she will in the WNBA.
Caitlin Clark from Iowa was phenomenal. Her skills would be wasted in the WNBA. Maybe Globetrotters?

Caitlin Clark from Iowa was phenomenal. Her skills would be wasted in the WNBA. Maybe Globetrotters?
Yeah I kind of hope these two play against each other again next season.
Caitlin might make a really good coach for colege.....

Forum List

Back