How much electricity to power fossil fuel industries

So often we hear the idiots spewing nonsense about how our grid cannot support EV's, yet they never consider how much electricity is used to produce fossil fuels;

I dont think we have had any solar panel wars yet either.

You only fight wars for things that WORK. Moron. Thanks for proving our point.

You know, I was engaged with, and believing this propaganda, until it said, "47%" of the energy produced in the nation is "clean" energy, and that rest is dirty.

Well, I am educated enough, and savvy enough to look that up.

It's bullshit.

So how can we take anything else in the presentation seriously?

Why would I even bother finish watching lies?

consumption-by-source-and-sector.png

Energy_US_2019_1.png
outlet-graph-large.jpg

Even the Wiki gives you 11% :auiqs.jpg: And they are notoriously biased.
Energy in the United States - Wikipedia

source.gif

You know, I was engaged with, and believing this propaganda, until it said, "47%" of the energy produced in the nation is "clean" energy, and that rest is dirty.

It's bullshit.

Energy_US_2019_1.png
outlet-graph-large.jpg

source.gif
We'd be sitting pretty if those generation numbers were 60% Nuclear and you could then fill in the rest with all the others.

We could then afford to start plugging in cars.

Nuclear fusion power plants-the future begins now. The timeline of estimated pilot to begin seems long, considering that science info is said to be doubling every 5 years now...could make for a shorter R&D period, at least for the optomists.

"Plans to build a prototype fusion power plant in the United States have come into tighter focus, as a new report lays out a rough timeline for building the multibillon-dollar plant and a strategy for developing its design. The United States should strive to start construction of the pilot by 2035 and to have it running by 2040, according to a report released this week by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). To meet that tight schedule, the report calls for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to help fund two to four teams that, in collaboration with private industry, would develop by 2028 different conceptual designs."

If the pilot plant works like ITER, fuses deuterium (from water) and tritium, than researchers must also develop a way to breed more tritium in a purpose-built “blanket” of material surrounding the reactor. The ITER project in France aims to achieve energy gain sometime after 2035. Costly and time consuming..hope it will be worth it.

Nuclear fusion power plants-the future begins now. The timeline of estimated pilot to begin seems long, considering that science info is said to be doubling every 5 years now...could make for a shorter R&D period, at least for the optomists.

"Plans to build a prototype fusion power plant in the United States have come into tighter focus, as a new report lays out a rough timeline for building the multibillon-dollar plant and a strategy for developing its design. The United States should strive to start construction of the pilot by 2035 and to have it running by 2040, according to a report released this week by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). To meet that tight schedule, the report calls for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to help fund two to four teams that, in collaboration with private industry, would develop by 2028 different conceptual designs."

If the pilot plant works like ITER, fuses deuterium (from water) and tritium, than researchers must also develop a way to breed more tritium in a purpose-built “blanket” of material surrounding the reactor. The ITER project in France aims to achieve energy gain sometime after 2035. Costly and time consuming..hope it will be worth it.
And until fusion becomes viable, we need to build molten salt reactors.

Daveman- thanks for a most intriguing topic to read about...fascinating times indeed. Looks like I need to join Popular Mechanics to read your article, but I’m going to look for other sources in the meantime to begin! Edit- I was able to open the link for your article by googling it but going directly through your link I would need to join- well, I’ll risk being considered a tightwad but I think I’ll go the free route lol Thanks for the link

Last edited:

Daveman- thanks for a most intriguing topic to read about...fascinating times indeed. Looks like I need to join Popular Mechanics to read your article, but I’m going to look for other sources in the meantime to begin! Edit- I was able to open the link for your article by googling it but going directly through your link I would need to join- well, I’ll risk being considered a tightwad but I think I’ll go the free route lol Thanks for the link
Weird. I don't have a subscription, but I can look at all the articles I want.

Anyway, there are lots of alternatives, real alternatives, if we'd just get short-sighted, emotional, corrupt leftists out of the way. :)

So often we hear the idiots spewing nonsense about how our grid cannot support EV's, yet they never consider how much electricity is used to produce fossil fuels;

And you ignore how much fossil fuel is used to create your "green" energy systems.

Funny that.

Funny that you are so stupid as to ignore that fact that we can replace all of that fossil fuel generation with renewables, and still create renewables. But then, you will lie about that also.

I dont think we have had any solar panel wars yet either.

You only fight wars for things that WORK. Moron. Thanks for proving our point.

LOL Things that work. Well, that is why wind and solar are replacing coal and will soon be replacing gas. In spite of old fossils like you whining, mewling, and puking over it.

Hey, genius, the grid is already in place to power what fossil fuel production requires.

A charging station at every house?

Not so much.

Well yes. And most houses generation stations, also.

It's bullshit.

Energy_US_2019_1.png
outlet-graph-large.jpg

source.gif
Yes, that is the present situation. However, that is rapidly changing.
1614120553408.png

Been hearing about nuclear fusion for 50 years, and we are no closer now than when we started. I can remember when nuclear fission was being touted when I was in grade school. Perfectly safe, going to be so cheap it will not be metered, and perfectly clean. All of which was a lie.

Why? PV solar and wind are far cheaper when combined with grid scale storage.

Weird. I don't have a subscription, but I can look at all the articles I want.

Anyway, there are lots of alternatives, real alternatives, if we'd just get short-sighted, emotional, corrupt leftists out of the way. :)
Corrupt leftists? LOL A Trump asskisser calls someone else corrupt! LOL

And you ignore how much fossil fuel is used to create your "green" energy systems.

Funny that.

Is this guy getting dementia on purpose?

LOL Well now, I am on the downhill side toward 80, but can probably exceed you both physically and mentally.

Forum List

Back