How many years has Obama set back race relations ?

Obama should've fixed hundreds of years of Americans bullshit in about 2% of this Nations founding. This is how ya'll see Obama

images

Obama had an unique credibility on the issue, that he could have used to heal.

Instead he choose to divide.

Much like Nixon going to China.

NOt magic. Just a chance at greatness and a real legacy .

And he blew it. He was too small.

In 2008, it was thought that the election of a black president signaled the end of racism in this country. Instead, it showed we still have a long way to go

A black man in the White House enraged many who engaged in thinly veiled racist attacks to the point where, even today, they claim he did not have a legitimate claim to the presidency, that he only got where he was through affirmative action, that he really didn't graduate college, that he can't speak unless someone writes the words for him

If you look at the percentage of people that voted for Obama, AND add in the number of people that polled wiling to vote for a black REPUBLICANS, ie Colin Powell, it is revealed that the number left over who MIGHT not be willing to vote for a black President is a very small minority.

The bitter partisanship that Obama faced, was LESS THAN what Bill Clinton Faced.

Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED, by his partisan enemies.

It will likely be LESS than what Hillary faces, if she wins.

It was the dishonest smearing of sincere bitter partisans as racist, by you guys, with Obama's support, that has set back Race Relations in this country.

I think Republicans realized they overplayed their hand when they impeached Clinton. Also, Obama has had nearly a scandal free presidency. Even though nutjob Republicans screamed for impeachment, there were no conceivable grounds

What Republicans did reserve for Obama was TOTAL noncooperation with anything he proposed. Even programs they had formerly supported. Republicans also initiated full time filibuster rules in the Senate where now every bill, significant or not, required 60 votes to pass

What was truly unprecedented was their blocking a Supreme Court nomination for almost a year

Agreed.

Partisanship is on the upswing in both parties and has been for a long time.

The GOP paid a heavy price for the Impeachment of Clinton.

They decided to rein in their partisan opposition to Obama to less epic expressions.

They were still bitterly opposed to him, just less overt about it.

If Hillary wins they will be bitterly opposed to her. With the passage of time from the Impeachment hearings they may be even more blatant.

The point being the Republicans, in this era, would/will oppose any democratic president with bitter partisanship.

Your side's false characterization of this new normal bitter partisan opposition as being Race Based is what has made this into a racial thing, and thus set back Race Relations generations.

Obama supported this vile strategy on your side's part.

You are the bad guys.

I agree that most of the Republican antics directed at Obama are trying to block a Democratic agenda

However, the ones directly race related are:

1. Claiming Obama was born in Kenya and passing legislation demanding birth certificates
2. Questioning whether Obama graduated college or was affirmative action
3. Claiming Obama is unable to speak without a teleprompter (He is not an "articulate black man", he needs someone to write his words for him)
5. Claiming Obama is not like "you and me"
6. Claiming Obama is a Muslim

Bill Clinton was accused of having many people killed.

There were so many stories of the Clintons showing complete disrespect to their security and military people.

There were accusations that Bill in not Chealse' father.

HIllary is supposedly a lesbian.

We can play this game with Republicans too.

Reagan was supposedly stupid. Reagan supposedly negotiated with Iran to keep the hostages longer to sabotage Carter.

That's off the top of my head. Do you doubt that with research I could not find realms of conspiracy theory and/or personal slander on all recent presidents, on both sides of the aisle?

They are all smeared and vilified by their enemies.

It is your lefties who have made this new normal of bitter partisanship, to be racial, and racist.

You are confusing what morons on the interweb and conspiracy theorists write with what is being generated on the rightwing media. Everything I wrote was reported as "news" by Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck

43 other whites couldnt do it but gosh darnit Obama should've healed the world by now

You don't think maybe a BLACK President had an opportunity to be a real leader and do something great as far as race relations in this country? But no, that would have been hard work.

What exactly do you propose he should have done?

IN the campaign he should have come out AGAINST those that were playing the Race Card against McCain instead of playing the Race Card himself.

THat would have been very impressive. It would have demonstrated that a white man could disagree with a black politician legitimately.

It would have fought against the confirmation bias for seeing racism that so many on the Left have.

Fewer false accusations of racisms, would have meant more real debates and less anger and hatred.

On both sides of the divide.

Obama never played the racecard

Obama should've fixed hundreds of years of Americans bullshit in about 2% of this Nations founding. This is how ya'll see Obama

images

You keep saying really general things like "He had unique credibility" to what? Make racism go away? Make white people comfortable with race discussions?

Then says he chose to divide. How? By not making white people comfortable enough to talk about race. Why didnt 43 other presidents make that happen? OF course Obama should've healed white and black relations in about 2% of the time America was founded. Its not like the other 98% of the time could've been used for it

I think its fair to expect the black guy to make everyone think things. Blacks are magical like that...So he should've reassured whites and blacks that they shouldnt be prejudiced and as soon as he speaks the words all racial strife would have disappeared.

But once again, its the black guys fault

I think its fair to expect the black guy to make everyone think things. Blacks are magical like that...So he should've reassured whites and blacks that they shouldnt be prejudiced and as soon as he speaks the words all racial strife would have disappeared.

To expect racial issues to disappear after "the black guy" is elected President is unrealistic

If anything, it brought new focus that we still have racial issues to deal with

The mis-characterization of normal, bitter partisan opposition as racism shows that the Civil Rights movement has moved beyond fighting for equality and is now using it's power to fight for special treatment and Privilege.

The dishonest smearing of half the political divide as racist, has torn this nation apart.

The left has become more convinced than ever that the other half of the nation is Evul to be feared and hated.

THe Right is increasingly furious at being falsely smeared and marginalized based on lies.

IF you get your wish, ie generations of One Party Rule, this reinforcing cycle will be accelerated and set in stone for generations.

I hope you are enjoying the oh so polite and civil discourse we have today.

For these are the Good Old Days.

In 2008, it was thought that the election of a black president signaled the end of racism in this country. Instead, it showed we still have a long way to go

A black man in the White House enraged many who engaged in thinly veiled racist attacks to the point where, even today, they claim he did not have a legitimate claim to the presidency, that he only got where he was through affirmative action, that he really didn't graduate college, that he can't speak unless someone writes the words for him

If you look at the percentage of people that voted for Obama, AND add in the number of people that polled wiling to vote for a black REPUBLICANS, ie Colin Powell, it is revealed that the number left over who MIGHT not be willing to vote for a black President is a very small minority.

The bitter partisanship that Obama faced, was LESS THAN what Bill Clinton Faced.

It was the dishonest smearing of sincere bitter partisans as racist, by you guys, with Obama's support, that has set back Race Relations in this country.

I think Republicans realized they overplayed their hand when they impeached Clinton. Also, Obama has had nearly a scandal free presidency. Even though nutjob Republicans screamed for impeachment, there were no conceivable grounds

What Republicans did reserve for Obama was TOTAL noncooperation with anything he proposed. Even programs they had formerly supported. Republicans also initiated full time filibuster rules in the Senate where now every bill, significant or not, required 60 votes to pass

What was truly unprecedented was their blocking a Supreme Court nomination for almost a year

Agreed.

They decided to rein in their partisan opposition to Obama to less epic expressions.

If Hillary wins they will be bitterly opposed to her. With the passage of time from the Impeachment hearings they may be even more blatant.

The point being the Republicans, in this era, would/will oppose any democratic president with bitter partisanship.

Your side's false characterization of this new normal bitter partisan opposition as being Race Based is what has made this into a racial thing, and thus set back Race Relations generations.

You are the bad guys.

I agree that most of the Republican antics directed at Obama are trying to block a Democratic agenda

1. Claiming Obama was born in Kenya and passing legislation demanding birth certificates
3. Claiming Obama is unable to speak without a teleprompter (He is not an "articulate black man", he needs someone to write his words for him)

Oh...I forgot

7. Obama is only half black....what conservatives called "halfrican"

Agreed.

You are the bad guys.

There were so many stories of the Clintons showing complete disrespect to their security and military people.

Reagan was supposedly stupid. Reagan supposedly negotiated with Iran to keep the hostages longer to sabotage Carter.

That's off the top of my head. Do you doubt that with research I could not find realms of conspiracy theory and/or personal slander on all recent presidents, on both sides of the aisle?

It is your lefties who have made this new normal of bitter partisanship, to be racial, and racist.

You are confusing what morons on the interweb and conspiracy theorists write with what is being generated on the rightwing media. Everything I wrote was reported as "news" by Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck

Plenty of the main stream media supported the idea that Reagan was stupid.

IF I goggled Reagan and Huffington Post or MSNBC what excellent conspiracy theories could I find published?

Oh, I remember a good one. That Reagan had Crack sent into the inner cities to kill blacks.

43 other whites couldnt do it but gosh darnit Obama should've healed the world by now

You don't think maybe a BLACK President had an opportunity to be a real leader and do something great as far as race relations in this country? But no, that would have been hard work.

What exactly do you propose he should have done?

IN the campaign he should have come out AGAINST those that were playing the Race Card against McCain instead of playing the Race Card himself.

THat would have been very impressive. It would have demonstrated that a white man could disagree with a black politician legitimately.

It would have fought against the confirmation bias for seeing racism that so many on the Left have.

Fewer false accusations of racisms, would have meant more real debates and less anger and hatred.

On both sides of the divide.

Obama never played the racecard

When he accused McCain's campaign of scaring the voters with "he looks different than the other presidents" he was playing the Race Card.

His campaign admitted that it was a racial reference.

images

You keep saying really general things like "He had unique credibility" to what? Make racism go away? Make white people comfortable with race discussions?

Then says he chose to divide. How? By not making white people comfortable enough to talk about race. Why didnt 43 other presidents make that happen? OF course Obama should've healed white and black relations in about 2% of the time America was founded. Its not like the other 98% of the time could've been used for it

Strawman. NO one said, "make racism go away".

White people are not comfortable with race discussions, because most race discussions are just lefties screaming insulting nonsense at US.

Nixon was able to go to CHina because he has the credibility of being a long time staunch anti-communist.

Similarly if Obama, as a long time "community organizer" has taken steps to, say stop the playing of the Race Card against McCain, who was NOT running a racist campaign, that would have been a huge step forward in race relations.

If Obama and McCain could have had a normal election, going after each other on the issues and with mudslinging, BUT without Race being part of the mix, that would have been great.

Obama would have been just as likely to have won, if not more so.

To expect racial issues to disappear after "the black guy" is elected President is unrealistic

But you see, Its Obama's fault that whites reacted negatively because could've made them see blacks in a more favorable way. Womp Womp

No, it didn't.

It gave you guys a chance to use the Race Card ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING.

And you did.

Similarly if Obama, as a long time "community organizer" has taken steps to, say stop the playing of the Race Card against McCain, who was NOT running a racist campaign, that would have been a huge step forward in race relations.

If Obama and McCain could have had a normal election, going after each other on the issues and with mudslinging, BUT without Race being part of the mix, that would have been great.

Republicans called Obama a secret Muslim and a white hater despite being half white. Obama could've waved his magic negro finger and changed all of that...but he didnt even use his finger and whites reaction to him is Obama's fault.

Agreed.

You are the bad guys.

Plenty of the main stream media supported the idea that Reagan was stupid.

IF I goggled Reagan and Huffington Post or MSNBC what excellent conspiracy theories could I find published?

Oh, I remember a good one. That Reagan had Crack sent into the inner cities to kill blacks.

Doesn't address the racism directed at the first black president

7. Obama is only "half black" what conservatives called "halfrican"

Correll believes that if you call a racist a racist then you are playing the race card. But being the racist is Obama's fault.

No, it didn't.

It gave you guys a chance to use the Race Card ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING.

And you did.

Give me some specific examples and we can discuss

images

How exactly could Obama have healed the ugly disease of racism? Do you think he could`ve gotten FOX news viewers like Dylan Roof to see the error of their hateful ways? Indeed that would be magic.

Republicans called Obama a secret Muslim and a white hater despite being half white. Obama could've waved his magic negro finger and changed all of that...but he didnt even use his finger and whites reaction to him is Obama's fault.

I made a point.

YOur response was incoherent idiocy.

My point stands.

But you see, Its Obama's fault that whites reacted negatively because could've made them see blacks in a more favorable way. Womp Womp

Being black made him a "divider" because of all the hate being directed at him

What's your point? Obama should've done what no one else in the history of our nation was able to accomplish?

Because thats fair?

Forum List

Back