How many non-Tea Party Republicans are there here?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Interesting posts here today after the GOP's victorious evening.

Sounds like most Republicans are following the Cruz/Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin philosophy of "we won, we have a mandate, everything goes our way now, tough crap", want to see McConnell and Boehner put to pasture, and expect the GOP to not give an inch going forward.

Are there any Republicans here who look at this victory as an opportunity to improve the party's reputation with the electorate and cooperate with the President to deal with the problems afflicting this country?

I know, crazy question, just curious.

Sounds like most Republicans are following the Cruz/Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin philosophy of "we won, we have a mandate, everything goes our way now, tough crap", want to see McConnell and Boehner put to pasture, and expect the GOP to not give an inch going forward.

Are there any Republicans here who look at this victory as an opportunity to improve the party's reputation with the electorate and cooperate with the President to deal with the problems afflicting this country?

They could improve their image greatly by slapping down that emperor in the Whitehouse.

But they won't

Democrats are hoping the GOP tries to play nice. That is the main reason conservative voters are getting fed up with the GOP leadership. It hasn't worked before, and it never will work.

I'm Tea Party and think our reputation (if not some of our past candidates) are in good shape....last night proves that. And you must remember that the MSM destroyed Bush in 2006, not the democrat's popularity. "Cooperating" with Obozo is unnecessary.....he lost, we won. Depends on what he wants as his legacy....being cooperative with us or risking IMPEACHMENT if he goes haywire left.

The gal from Maine, McCain and Graham.

I do, except for the "cooperate" part which could imply a simple rubber stamp to whatever Obama wants to do.

The problem right now is that i don't think Obama or the democrats underneath him after his first election victory ever had any intention of working with the republicans either. I think Obama is an idealogue who wants his way or no way, which is why i never wanted him to be president in the first place and think he's been about as terrible a president as can be. Bill Clinton on the other hand, while being a lefty, was/is a smart dude and was capable of working with others. That all most voters want: the ones who aren't obsessed wingers like most people here.

So, when all the lefties say that the republicans are obstructionists only interested in grid locking the congress, they seem to conveniently ignore the previous point. Rahm Emanuel said something like "we have the votes, fuck 'em." Why should the republicans work with people who have that attitude especially when they couldn't do anything to stop them those first two years? Moreover, the dems were pushing some pretty far left ideas too. Why bend over and just take it? It would've been nice to see the republicans do more to try to find some parts to work on, but again, two-way street. Both parties are to blame for all this.

Now that the republicans have full control of the senate, i'd like to see them extend an olive branch of sorts to Obama and see what they can't get done for energy independence, immigration reform, etc. Even knowing Obama won't really work with them, it would be a good political move for them in at least indicating that they're willing to wipe the slate clean and work together for once.

Seriously Mac??

Has the Obama administration played nice??
I mean we at least don't promote racial tensions, we don't try to gin our base up by declaring a fake war on women.

We already play nice, you have the same fascinating view as some of the religious in the homo threads around here ............ the perverted homos give all those loving, caring, compassionate homos the bad name, can't we at least find acceptance for the less flagrant ones??

The Dems have played games and dictated policy that has been bad for our country, does it really matter how we play as long as we change course and strive for that proud and prosperous world super power we used to be??

I'm Tea Party and think our reputation (if not some of our past candidates) are in good shape....last night proves that. And you must remember that the MSM destroyed Bush in 2006, not the democrat's popularity. "Cooperating" with Obozo is unnecessary.....he lost, we won. Depends on what he wants as his legacy....being cooperative with us or risking IMPEACHMENT if he goes haywire left.
Presidents cannot be impeached unless they have committed high crimes or misdemeanors. Liberal policies do not reach that threshold.

Wouldn't you say their reputation with the electorate has just been proven to be pretty good? We kicked butt on the grounds that the pres has no clue

So civics was a failing class for you, huh??

override of a veto - The process by which each chamber of Congress votes on a bill vetoed by the President. To pass a bill over the president's objections requires a two-thirds vote in each Chamber. Historically, Congress has overridden fewer than ten percent of all presidential vetoes.

Do we have 2/3 majorities in both chambers??

good grief, not every Republican is with the Tea Party

A conservative (from any party) might agree more with them but that is all there to it

override of a veto - The process by which each chamber of Congress votes on a bill vetoed by the President. To pass a bill over the president's objections requires a two-thirds vote in each Chamber. Historically, Congress has overridden fewer than ten percent of all presidential vetoes.

Stick your insult up your ass, punk. I'm more aware of the rules than you are....and I know what the Rats will do if their boy tries to sidestep the new majority....they'll abandon his black ass same as the rest of his base. We ain't that far away from convicting him in the Senate either.

Stick your insult up your ass, punk. I'm more aware of the rules than you are....and I know what the Rats will do if their boy tries to sidestep the new majority....they'll abandon his black ass same as the rest of his base. We ain't that far away from convicting him in the Senate either.
A few Dems seeing the writing on the wall and facing unemployment in 2016 just might summon some courage and patriotism and help can his ass, just like some honest R's did with Nixon.

Obama has lied and covered up more than Nixon ever dreamed of.

A conservative (from any party) might agree more with them but that is all there to it

WHOA! It's been us in Tea Party that never stopped agitating until the electorate woke up. We owe NOTHING to country club GOPers who've played the compromise game to stay in power while the nation had to suck up the damage. NEVER dismiss us as kooks....what happened yesterday was OUR reward, not the Mitch McConnells of the GOP.
mad_zps639a98d3.gif

WHOA! It's been us in Tea Party that never stopped agitating until the electorate woke up. We owe NOTHING to country club GOPers who've played the compromise game to stay in power while the nation had to suck up the damage. NEVER dismiss us as kooks....what happened yesterday was OUR reward, not the Mitch McConnells of the GOP.
When a black Republican wins election to the US Senate in South Carolina, CC R's better wake up to the fact that America is waking up.

Seriously Mac??

Has the Obama administration played nice??
I mean we at least don't promote racial tensions, we don't try to gin our base up by declaring a fake war on women.

We already play nice, you have the same fascinating view as some of the religious in the homo threads around here ............ the perverted homos give all those loving, caring, compassionate homos the bad name, can't we at least find acceptance for the less flagrant ones??

The Dems have played games and dictated policy that has been bad for our country, does it really matter how we play as long as we change course and strive for that proud and prosperous world super power we used to be??

I think there are many Americans (myself included) who don't care much for either party, who don't care who is and who is not playing nice.

They think neither side is playing nice. They look at politicians and pundits and partisans as a big part of the problem, and just want to see things improve.

To many of us, all this partisan bickering is nothing more than professional wrestling for political nerds. We don't believe any of it.

We would just prefer it if these people would cooperate like adults, stop pointing the finger, and agree on something.

Wouldn't you say their reputation with the electorate has just been proven to be pretty good? We kicked butt on the grounds that the pres has no clue

In my opinion, no. The Tea Party is more of a punchline since it was taken over by the likes of Palin, Bachmann and Beck. I believe it's sincere and well-meaning, but it really needs to jettison those who make it look goofy, before it's too late.

Presidents cannot be impeached unless they have committed high crimes or misdemeanors. Liberal policies do not reach that threshold.

He has committed crimes. Plenty of them.

Fraud, election fraud, gun-trafficking, treason, misapproating government funds, jury tampering, blackmail, bribery, human-trafficking, obstruction of justice, just to name a few.

Benghazi and the IRS and VA coverups are enough to impeach him...if he tries to give amnesty to 12M illegals through an EO, his ass is grass.
If that's where you want the bar set, I wonder if lying about WMD and consequently costing the lives of 4,000 Americans, untold Iraqi citizens and a trillion dollars spent falls in your assessment of 'high crimes and misdemeanors'. For you see, the sword has two edges. Future presidents that you support will be held to a lower standard, set by the Tea Party idiots and signed off by idiots like you.

TPM is almost toothless despite all the yelling above.

Let's see what Mitch is going to do in negotiating during the lame duck session. That will give us a good idea of what lee way he thinks he has despite the far right.

Forum List

Back