How long can they hold Kim Davis?

I believe that is correct. She is an elected official, ergo cannot be fired. I dunno about recall policies down there.

She can be held as long as she remains in office and in a state of contempt of court.
The court is forcing her to abandon her religion. I hope the people who did this to her have good lawyers. They're going to need them.

No court has ever ordered California to "comply with immigration laws".

And Kim Davis isn't being "punished" for anything.

Since when is being jailed for one's religious beliefs (or anything else) not a punishment?
It's coercion more than punishment. She should try obeying the law instead.

Works the same way when we jail a material witness in order to compel them to testify.

Warren Jeffs needs to be immediately released from jail. His religious liberty and the right to practice his faith is being violated. Warrens deeply held religious beliefs trumps our laws as he answers to a higher authority. lol

they have got to let her out sometime. When is that? When is her sentence up?

What is she exactly charged with? What law is she violating? An edict from the SCOTUS who made law? Is that what she is in violation of?

Contempt. She was ordered to follow the law because she lost her day in court.
But she won herself an eternity in the Hereafter. I'd do the same thing. Check Jude 1 for details. The law of man does not overrule a direct Command of God under punishment of eternal damnation for failure to comply. She made the right choice. And she should not quit her job either. She should stick to her guns no matter what.

And speaking of trump, there really should be issue here because TRUMP has said that she must follow the law, and he has already explained to us all that he is the greatest candidate ever!

they have got to let her out sometime. When is that? When is her sentence up?

What is she exactly charged with? What law is she violating? An edict from the SCOTUS who made law? Is that what she is in violation of?

Contempt. She was ordered to follow the law because she lost her day in court.
But she won herself an eternity in the Hereafter. I'd do the same thing. Check Jude 1 for details. The law of man does not overrule a direct Command of God under punishment of eternal damnation for failure to comply. She made the right choice. And she should not quit her job either. She should stick to her guns no matter what.

Works for me. All of her friends know where to find her when she has her next birthday party!

Works for me. All of her friends know where to find her when she has her next birthday party!

Anyone not seeing similarities to this stuff and the rise of the Nazis in the 1930s? What ideological belief will be jailed or sent to the gas chamber next by the rainbow jackboots and their sychophants in positions of power?

Cults are cults. I warned all of you what this gay marriage crap would lead to. They're not going to stop until we are all wearing rainbow arm bands, or dead. But for now, jail will do. They're just getting warmed up...

Anyone not seeing similarities to this stuff and the rise of the Nazis in the 1930s? What ideological belief will be jailed or sent to the gas chamber next by the rainbow jackboots and their sychophants in positions of power?

Cults are cults. I warned all of you what this gay marriage crap would lead to. They're not going to stop until we are all wearing rainbow arm bands, or dead. But for now, jail will do. They're just getting warmed up...
The Nazi is the one who believers herself above the law...

I believe that is correct. She is an elected official, ergo cannot be fired. I dunno about recall policies down there.

She can be held as long as she remains in office and in a state of contempt of court.
The court is forcing her to abandon her religion. I hope the people who did this to her have good lawyers. They're going to need them.
The Judge is entirely within his rights. He has been overly careful as a matter of fact. She doesn't have a leg, let alone a Bible, to stand on...

No I see a similarity to the case up in Minnesota a few years back. A Muslim was taken to court for discrimination because, as a taxi driver, he refused to transport a man from the airport to his destination, because the man had a sealed bottle of alcohol, and Muslims are religiously opposed to alcohol. The court ruled that he could not discriminate based on his Muslim religion. or, do you object to that decision, too?

Oh dear...she no longer has a religion?

People like you are dangerous to society because you truly believe your delusions that you're carrying out the will of God and therefore, you can never be reasoned with, even when you're obviously wrong, and when people like you constitute a majority that's how you end up with groups like ISIS and tyrants like Khomeini.

If you want to live in a theocracy go move to Iran.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
No I see a similarity to the case up in Minnesota a few years back. A Muslim was taken to court for discrimination because, as a taxi driver, he refused to transport a man from the airport to his destination, because the man had a sealed bottle of alcohol, and Muslims are religiously opposed to alcohol. The court ruled that he could not discriminate based on his Muslim religion. or, do you object to that decision, too?

Oh, I assure you, if Kim Davis was a Muslim they would not be defending her like this.

Forum List

Back