Zone1 How long before you think people will rise up against the government?

How long do you think it will take for people to actually rise up against corrupt government?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's tax returns were in complete compliance with the tax code-----were yours?

I doubt it, Trump has committed so many illegal acts, civil wrongs, It's hard for me to believe he was honest on his taxes.

I'll give you maybe, but he committed fraud, as titular head of Trump org, which was indicted on fraud charges.

and those evil deductions and loopholes were put in the tax code by the party that has controlled congress for most of the last 100 years-----------dems. and why are the loopholes in the tax code? to protect the dem donors and keep the money flowing to the crooked politicians in both parties.

We have to close those loopholes, and reverse Citizens United. That would help.

Patience. Patience.

In the coming decades, there will be so much VIOLENCE and CORRUPTION and DISORGANIZATION in this changing nation that people in Florida and Texas and many other current states will secede.

And the armed forces at that time will have no stomach to stop them.

No, they won't. They will grin and bear it, like good citizens.

Per the Federal Reserve Wealth Distribution tables, (based on the last recorded quarter) the upper 50% own 97% of the nation's wealth.

I suspect that most of them are not wage earners, but they should pay 97% of the income tax burden, by that measure.

And, there would be no uprising, they all will do just fine despite the tax.
If you're paying income taxes, you're a wage earner.

I doubt it, Trump has committed so many illegal acts, civil wrongs, It's hard for me to believe he was honest on his taxes.

I'll give you maybe, but he committed fraud, as titular head of Trump org, which was indicted on fraud charges.
when your taxes are prepared by high paid tax lawyers and audited every year by the IRS, then they are in full compliance with the tax code. if your issue is with the tax code, complain to the dems in congress that wrote it and made it law. The dems have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years and wrote the tax loopholes to protect their rich donors. Trump's taxes are in full compliance with the tax code. Try another tactic, if you can think of one.

do you have any proof of this very serious allegation?

This is a rhetorical use of the term 'spying'. Historically speaking, spying is something that the CIA does to foreign governments.
Domestically , it would be espionage, someone doing a surveillance and reporting to a foreign government.
Now, if you claim the FBI does it, you are using the term 'spy' rhetorically. It's surveillance, and the data garnered is not going to a foreign government, so it's not espionage, but that is what 'spying' implies, so your usage is sloppy. Surveillance, if authorized by a FISA judge, is legal and therefore cannot be construed as 'spying'. Whether it's just, that's another argument, and that is the argument you should make. I sense you are not, or will not consider, and opposing view, but in case you are, I offer this:

No, only those who commit acts of terrorism are labeled terrorists. Whether they have children has no consideration in the charge.

A growing number, I suspect, see the flaw in bitcoin. I don't think you have to worry about that one.

Evidence?

Sounds a lot like right wing hysterics to me. Yes, I know we got some of that on the left, I'm just sayin'......

What's the "flaw" in Bitcoin? I might deal with your other "responses" at a later date, but lets start with BTC

“No matter how much you hate the corporate media, it’s not enough. It is literally impossible to overstate not only the damage that they do but the malice with which they do it. And by malice, I don’t mean that they’re evil masterminds. I mean malice in the sense of the “banality of evil.” The people who go and punch the clock every day, never question what they’re doing, but whose work is nonetheless incredibly toxic and harmful. They’re just basically sociopathic careerists. But no matter sometimes those people can be the most destructive. “ — Glenn Greenwald

If you're paying income taxes, you're a wage earner.
Above 50% it's mostly salaried employees, and moving farther upward, more and more into the capital gains areas, unearned, passive, dividend, etc. , and they still pay taxes.

I'm not disputing that.
Are you disputing that Hunter Biden did Molly , Meth , Crack , Chronic And Shrooms over a 24 hour period with Two hookers ( and shot most of it on his Cell and transferred it to his Laptop from Hell , then lied afterwards on a 4473 form about it ?

Above 50% it's mostly salaried employees, and moving farther upward, more and more into the capital gains areas, unearned, passive, dividend, etc. , and they still pay taxes.
Capital gains are not income taxes, and one reason why wealthy individuals are often negatively cast as paying "less income taxes than the average Joe." Unearned or unrealized gains are just that .. and something that the current administration wishes to tax.

It is definitely not the same .. and a sad state that everyone isn't paying their fair share.

when your taxes are prepared by high paid tax lawyers and audited every year by the IRS, then they are in full compliance with the tax code. if your issue is with the tax code, complain to the dems in congress that wrote it and made it law. The dems have controlled congress for most of the last 80 years and wrote the tax loopholes to protect their rich donors. Trump's taxes are in full compliance with the tax code. Try another tactic, if you can think of one.
Yeah, Redfish, I can think of one, a rather big one.

Who was the IRS commissioner?

Charles Paul Rettig

Charles Paul Rettig had a substantial investment in Trump properties, and earn a nice income from renting them out.

Rettig was supposed to audit the President, but he didn't. He and Trump had a little sweetheart deal going on

In April 2019, when the committee first made its formal request to the IRS for Trump’s tax returns, Charles Rettig was IRS commissioner and Steve Mnuchin was Treasury secretary. Rettig was later criticized for not disclosing during his Senate confirmation hearings that he owned two rental properties at the Trump International Waikiki resort, which he bought in 2006, and from which he reportedly earned $100,000-200,000 per year while he was Trump’s appointed IRS commissioner. The property licensed the Trump brand name (the Trump Organization itself did not develop it). In 2016, Trump received 10 percent of all pre-sales.

Not until

The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington complained in 2020 that “the IRS Commissioner has a vested interest in the success of the Trump brand—and of preventing anything that could damage it . . . if a bombshell in [Trump’s] tax returns were released.”

and then, under pressure, Rettig assigned a paltry one or two man crew to peruse a truck load of paperwork., some two years late.

So, who knows, maybe a little sweetheart deal allowed Trump to cheat on taxes, and get away with it.

Funny thing, did I mention this?

Accounting firm: Trump financial statements aren’t reliable​

And now, Alan Weisselberg, Trump's CFO, is sitting in Rikers, enjoy his stay there, thanks to Trump.

Michael Cohen, also spent some time in prison, thanks to Trump.

In fact ,many of Trump's lawyers now face legal trouble because they made the colossal mistake of believing, and trusting, their duplicitous client:

MAGA=making attorneys get attorneys.

And you want me to believe Trump didn't cheat on his taxes?

I don't know if he actually crossed the line on his taxes, but I will bet you a buck that he walked up to the line, and made it scream.

I wouldn't trust Trump, not for a New York minute.

Capital gains are not income taxes, and one reason why wealthy individuals are often negatively cast as paying "less income taxes than the average Joe." Unearned or unrealized gains are just that .. and something that the current administration wishes to tax.

It is definitely not the same .. and a sad state that everyone isn't paying their fair share.

It's not about income taxes, it's about income, and taxes.

tell congress, write and call your representatives----------they will ignore you, but do it anyway.

I got a better idea. Appoint more Supreme Court Justices, and wipe out the 6/3 conservative advantage, and then reverse Citizen United, and then we can do something about corruption in politics. But Republicans are not interested in cleaning up the corruption.

But, until then, it won't happen as long as Republicans control the Supreme Court, and don't give me any crap they aren't beholden to the dark money millions the Federalist Society spent on their acquiring those seats.

It's not about income taxes, it's about income, and taxes.
The IRS would disagree with you because income, from various sources, is taxed differently. For example, a wealthy individuals that sources income from loans on their assets, won't be taxed on those loans vs. someone earning the same amount with a paycheck.

The IRS would disagree with you because income, from various sources, is taxed differently. For example, a wealthy individuals that sources income from loans on their assets, won't be taxed on those loans vs. someone earning the same amount with a paycheck.

I didn't get into how income is taxed, wasn't the point.

Yeah, Redfish, I can think of one, a rather big one.

Who was the IRS commissioner?

Charles Paul Rettig

Charles Paul Rettig had a substantial investment in Trump properties, and earn a nice income from renting them out.

Rettig was supposed to audit the President, but he didn't. He and Trump had a little sweetheart deal going on

In April 2019, when the committee first made its formal request to the IRS for Trump’s tax returns, Charles Rettig was IRS commissioner and Steve Mnuchin was Treasury secretary. Rettig was later criticized for not disclosing during his Senate confirmation hearings that he owned two rental properties at the Trump International Waikiki resort, which he bought in 2006, and from which he reportedly earned $100,000-200,000 per year while he was Trump’s appointed IRS commissioner. The property licensed the Trump brand name (the Trump Organization itself did not develop it). In 2016, Trump received 10 percent of all pre-sales.

Not until

The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington complained in 2020 that “the IRS Commissioner has a vested interest in the success of the Trump brand—and of preventing anything that could damage it . . . if a bombshell in [Trump’s] tax returns were released.”

and then, under pressure, Rettig assigned a paltry one or two man crew to peruse a truck load of paperwork., some two years late.

So, who knows, maybe a little sweetheart deal allowed Trump to cheat on taxes, and get away with it.

Funny thing, did I mention this?

Accounting firm: Trump financial statements aren’t reliable​

And now, Alan Weisselberg, Trump's CFO, is sitting in Rikers, enjoy his stay there, thanks to Trump.

Michael Cohen, also spent some time in prison, thanks to Trump.

In fact ,many of Trump's lawyers now face legal trouble because they made the colossal mistake of believing, and trusting, their duplicitous client:

MAGA=making attorneys get attorneys.

And you want me to believe Trump didn't cheat on his taxes?

I don't know if he actually crossed the line on his taxes, but I will bet you a buck that he walked up to the line, and made it scream.

I wouldn't trust Trump, not for a New York minute.
So the IRS commissioner is a crook? Can you say Lois Lerner?

I got a better idea. Appoint more Supreme Court Justices, and wipe out the 6/3 conservative advantage, and then reverse Citizen United, and then we can do something about corruption in politics. But Republicans are not interested in cleaning up the corruption.

But, until then, it won't happen as long as Republicans control the Supreme Court, and don't give me any crap they aren't beholden to the dark money millions the Federalist Society spent on their acquiring those seats.

the truth is that no one in DC is interested in cleaning up politics, that's why they are all so scared of Trump, because they know that in a second term he would expose and prosecute all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back