How is investigating Burisma investigating Joe Biden and interfering in the 2020 election?

Is investigating Burisma, investigating Joe Biden, and therefore interfering in the 2020 election?

• Yes, Joe Biden is Burisma

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, Joe Biden is NOT Burisma

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
Ivanka isn't taking over $50,000 a month. She's a helluva lot smarter than Hunter Biden. He wasn't there for his intelligence on power companies.
So nepotism is fine as long as Trump is the one that is doing it? As to smarts. Ivanka holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Wharton. Hunter Biden holds a bachelor in history From Georgetown and a Yale law degree. So you are basing your assumption on what?
So what is Hunter doing on the board of a Ukrainian power company getting paid $50,000 a month? You can't be this stupid. You're so corrupt. Why would you lie and protect corrupt politicians?
What have I said that is a lie? I was simply pointing out how insanely hypocritical it is to try to assert how bad nepotism is in light of whom you support. Calling me stupid or corrupt doesn't make the argument any less bereft of a sense of irony.

Unlike you though I don't need to deflect. Yes, Hunter Biden probably got this seat on that particular board because of who his daddy was. I find it unsavory. It is not corrupt. Neither is it corrupt when China approves trademarks in favor of Ivanka Trump. Both are most likely done for the same reason. I can distinguish between unsavory behavior and corruption.

I can also distinguish between an actual investigation into possible corruption in a case like this. Something I wouldn't have any problems with. Such an investigation would run from a suspicion, through a law enforcement agency or the justice department itself, to the State Department who have treaties in place with a place like Ukraine if necessary. These requests would be well documented for the simple reason that in order to prosecute such a case any deviation of procedures jeopardizes a possible conviction. In truth since most of the information would be found in the State Department and White House records NOT some foreign country. And a political hitjob. Something that wouldn't require any of that because the object would simply be to embarrass the political rival.

Considering what happened I don't think it's hard to see which of the 2 it was. And that is the heart of the impeachment case. Should the President Of The United States be allowed to use the power of his office to further his own political ambitions?
Trump wasn't furthering his own political ambitions. He can't go any further than President. .

So Trump is not running for President in 2020?

That is big news!
Tell us all about Trump's political career before he ran for President. Idiot.

Only a banana republic supporter would suggest that a civilian citizen is to be investigated in the manner Hunter Biden has been targeted by trump.
He's the son of the VP and he has absolutely no qualifications to be on the board of a Ukrainian power company being paid over $50,000 a month. Don't insult our intelligence.
I wouldn't dare to assume you have intelligence to be honest. Trying to make an argument that people should be qualified to hold a seat on the board of directors besides being the son of an elected official considering Ivanka is been seen to sit in on meetings of the G8 and Kushner is basically in charge of trying to broker peace in the Middle East. Seems trying to condemn nepotism as bad isn't a sign of genius under those circumstances.
Ivanka isn't taking over $50,000 a month. She's a helluva lot smarter than Hunter Biden. He wasn't there for his intelligence on power companies.
So nepotism is fine as long as Trump is the one that is doing it? As to smarts. Ivanka holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Wharton. Hunter Biden holds a bachelor in history From Georgetown and a Yale law degree. So you are basing your assumption on what?
So what is Hunter doing on the board of a Ukrainian power company getting paid $50,000 a month? You can't be this stupid. You're so corrupt. Why would you lie and protect corrupt politicians?

Hunter was board member of prestigious companies including Amtrak before joining Burisma in 2014.
Yes he was paid $50k a month by Burisma. Hiring an American with that qualifications is expensive.

Why, Where and What corruptions committed by Hunter?

Yet you have this corrupt POTUS asking to dig dirt against his political rival from foreign government..... That is acceptable?

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma. How is investigating Burisma the same as investigating Joe Biden? I'm not seeing the connection. No wonder the voters are rejecting the democrat's inane coup plot, and as Professor Turley explained, it is the democrats in the House that are abusing their power, not Trump.

House Democrats' impeachment report accuses Trump of obstruction, other misconduct
Democrats on Tuesday publicly released a new report accusing President Donald Trump of soliciting Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election for his benefit and obstructing the impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives.

The 300-page report alleges a quid pro quo scheme in which Trump “conditioned official acts on a public announcement by the new Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, of politically-motivated investigations” into former Vice President Joe Biden — a top Democratic presidential candidate — and his son Hunter.

“In pressuring President Zelensky to carry out his demand, President Trump withheld a White House meeting desperately sought by the Ukrainian President, and critical U.S. military assistance to fight Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine,” the report says.

Here's another article with the same accusation:
House Democrats conclude Trump solicited foreign interference in 2020
WASHINGTON – Three House committees investigating the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump uncovered a months-long effort "to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election," according to their draft report released Tuesday.

Let's take a poll....

Q. Why is trump so interested in corruption in a singular foreign nation when Congress has appropriated billions of dollars to other nations which have corruption and even worse, such as Saudi Arabia.
All the Trump kids are getting Board seats on Saudi Aramco at $1,000,000 annually
how about Trump's daughter and son in law getting $1.6 BILLION from the Quatar gvt for the failing 666 5th Avenue Condo he foolishly bought and was about to lose for not being able to pay the mortgage, after Trump threatens them?

Does that count? :rolleyes:

Jared Kushner’s Real-Estate Firm Sought Money Directly From Qatar Government Weeks Before Blockade

Qatar Shocked, Shocked to Learn It Accidentally Bailed Out Jared Kushner :rofl:

Did President Trump Strong Arm Qatar Into Bailing Out Jared Kushner?

The ONLY reason Trump is interested at ALL in Burisma is because Biden's son was on the Board of Directors of that company and Trump sees it as a way to politically attack his rival.

Is Trump saying anything about the former corrupt Ukrainian President who absconded with between 40-100 billion dollars of Ukrainian money to Russia?

Does that REAL corruption bother him one bit?

Nope

1. Trump is required by law to ensure that there is no corruption before sending funding.
nope!
FYI-
It is the Defense dept/Pentagon by LAW that has to ensure there is no corruption before they send congressional aid, not the President personally. The Defense dept ran a nearly 4 month investigation of any corruption in the Ukraine, before giving the OKAY, all is clear, to release the money to the Ukraine, in JUNE 2019.

I wouldn't dare to assume you have intelligence to be honest. Trying to make an argument that people should be qualified to hold a seat on the board of directors besides being the son of an elected official considering Ivanka is been seen to sit in on meetings of the G8 and Kushner is basically in charge of trying to broker peace in the Middle East. Seems trying to condemn nepotism as bad isn't a sign of genius under those circumstances.
What have I said that is a lie? I was simply pointing out how insanely hypocritical it is to try to assert how bad nepotism is in light of whom you support. Calling me stupid or corrupt doesn't make the argument any less bereft of a sense of irony.

Unlike you though I don't need to deflect. Yes, Hunter Biden probably got this seat on that particular board because of who his daddy was. I find it unsavory. It is not corrupt. Neither is it corrupt when China approves trademarks in favor of Ivanka Trump. Both are most likely done for the same reason. I can distinguish between unsavory behavior and corruption.

I can also distinguish between an actual investigation into possible corruption in a case like this. Something I wouldn't have any problems with. Such an investigation would run from a suspicion, through a law enforcement agency or the justice department itself, to the State Department who have treaties in place with a place like Ukraine if necessary. These requests would be well documented for the simple reason that in order to prosecute such a case any deviation of procedures jeopardizes a possible conviction. In truth since most of the information would be found in the State Department and White House records NOT some foreign country. And a political hitjob. Something that wouldn't require any of that because the object would simply be to embarrass the political rival.

Considering what happened I don't think it's hard to see which of the 2 it was. And that is the heart of the impeachment case. Should the President Of The United States be allowed to use the power of his office to further his own political ambitions?
Trump wasn't furthering his own political ambitions. He can't go any further than President. He's never ran for office in his life until 2016. Your theory doesn't stand up. Washington is full of career politicians. Along comes Trump and suddenly he's the problem. Not Pelosi, not Biden, not Schumer, not Maxine Waters, etc, etc, etc. The "problem" is Trump is cleaning up the corruption and people like you keep defending these career bureaucrats that made this mess.
Not furthering his political ambitions because he already is president?? For someone who calls himself BS filter you sure seem to spout a lot of BS. Next year he's running for reelection. An investigation into Biden would for sure be helpfull political. Not a theory just a plain fact.

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma. How is investigating Burisma the same as investigating Joe Biden? I'm not seeing the connection. No wonder the voters are rejecting the democrat's inane coup plot, and as Professor Turley explained, it is the democrats in the House that are abusing their power, not Trump.

House Democrats' impeachment report accuses Trump of obstruction, other misconduct
Democrats on Tuesday publicly released a new report accusing President Donald Trump of soliciting Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election for his benefit and obstructing the impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives.

The 300-page report alleges a quid pro quo scheme in which Trump “conditioned official acts on a public announcement by the new Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, of politically-motivated investigations” into former Vice President Joe Biden — a top Democratic presidential candidate — and his son Hunter.

“In pressuring President Zelensky to carry out his demand, President Trump withheld a White House meeting desperately sought by the Ukrainian President, and critical U.S. military assistance to fight Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine,” the report says.

WASHINGTON – Three House committees investigating the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump uncovered a months-long effort "to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election," according to their draft report released Tuesday.

Let's take a poll....

Just to keep things on track- back to your original lie

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma.

Trump asked Ukraine to investigate the Biden's- not Burisma.

This entire thread is pure bullshit- your attempt to spin a lie to deflect from the fact that Trump did in fact ask Ukraine to investigate his political rival.

I'm not into semantics. The Ukraine can't investigate the Bidens. They can't investigate the China scam for example. The Ukraine are investigating Burisma. If the Bidens were corrupt the voters need to know. As the dems justify hiring Brits and Russians to lie about Trump in the infamous "Steele Dossier", its just oppo research. I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma.

1. Trump is required by law to ensure that there is no corruption before sending funding.
nope!
FYI-
It is the Defense dept/Pentagon by LAW that has to ensure there is no corruption before they send congressional aid, not the President personally. The Defense dept ran a nearly 4 month investigation of any corruption in the Ukraine, before giving the OKAY, all is clear, to release the money to the Ukraine, in JUNE 2019.

Its more complicated than just saying the Pentagon said it was ok to transfer the money, so I'll say that the president can delay the aid using the law as an excuse, basically because the Ukraine was transitioning from Poroshenko's regime to Zelensky's regime, and they were passing anti-corrupton laws. The delay made sense so Trump was sure that the new regime was up and running. Please note that Poroshenko flew to Russia with $30b of Ukraine money, so that alone was justification to delay the transfer.
Scalise Spins Facts on Security Aid

Let's take a poll....

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma.

This entire thread is pure bullshit- your attempt to spin a lie to deflect from the fact that Trump did in fact ask Ukraine to investigate his political rival.

I'm not into semantics. The Ukraine can't investigate the Bidens. They can't investigate the China scam for example. The Ukraine are investigating Burisma. If the Bidens were corrupt the voters need to know. As the dems justify hiring Brits and Russians to lie about Trump in the infamous "Steele Dossier", its just oppo research. I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma.
For someone who's not into semantics you are using a a whole lot of words to try to not admit that Trump didn't mention Burisma but did mention the Biden's.

nope!
FYI-

Its more complicated than just saying the Pentagon said it was ok to transfer the money, so I'll say that the president can delay the aid using the law as an excuse, basically because the Ukraine was transitioning from Poroshenko's regime to Zelensky's regime, and they were passing anti-corrupton laws. The delay made sense so Trump was sure that the new regime was up and running. Please note that Poroshenko flew to Russia with $30b of Ukraine money, so that alone was justification to delay the transfer.
For someone who's not into semantics you are trying very hard to not have to admit that proper procedures in relations to corruption prevention were followed.

Let's take a poll....

For someone who's not into semantics you are using a a whole lot of words to try to not admit that Trump didn't mention Burisma but did mention the Biden's.

So Trump said the Bidens, Zelensky knew he meant Burisma, the Biden's cash cow.

nope!
FYI-

For someone who's not into semantics you are trying very hard to not have to admit that proper procedures in relations to corruption prevention were followed.
nope!
FYI-

The proper procedures were followed. Point being that Trump has the right to delay the funding, especially since the Ukraine was transitioning from Poroshenko's regime to Zelensky's regime, and their Parliament was revising the anti-corruption laws. Poroshenko absconded to Russia with about $30b from Ukraine's treasury, so how much of that was previous US and EU aid? It never hurts to be sure before transferring that much money.

The only thing interfering with Biden's run for the Presidency in 2020 is Biden talking
into a microphone in front of other people.
And Trumps conspiracy to collude with a foreign government against his political opponent.

If said political opponent appears to have been involved in bribery scheme with said foreign government using US taxpayer money that benefitted his family then not so much.

Let's take a poll....

Oh really? And you base this on your intimate knowledge of the people involved? By the way what you are trying to claim here is something I find so unbelievable I fail to see how it's a good faith argument. You are claiming a foreign leader would understand that when the President Of the United States asks to investigate his political rival he will understand that he doesn't want that but another investigation.

It also flies in the face of testimonies under oath.

nope!
FYI-

nope!
FYI-

The proper procedures were followed. Point being that Trump has the right to delay the funding, especially since the Ukraine was transitioning from Poroshenko's regime to Zelensky's regime, and their Parliament was revising the anti-corruption laws. Poroshenko absconded to Russia with about $30b from Ukraine's treasury, so how much of that was previous US and EU aid? It never hurts to be sure before transferring that much money.
Actually the President doesn't have the right to hold up aid that's been appropiated by congress.

nope!
FYI-

nope!
FYI-

Actually the President doesn't have the right to hold up aid that's been appropriated by congress.

Yes the president can delay approved funding for good reason, just ask Lebanon.
U.S. Lifts Hold on Military Aid to Lebanon

Let's take a poll....

Oh really? And you base this on your intimate knowledge of the people involved? By the way what you are trying to claim here is something I find so unbelievable I fail to see how it's a good faith argument. You are claiming a foreign leader would understand that when the President Of the United States asks to investigate his political rival he will understand that he doesn't want that but another investigation.

Your question is the photo negative of the OP title. I wrote the title and the poll to show that investigating Burisma isn't the same as investigating the Bidens, otherwise the Ukraine would need to fly to China to check those scams out too. Burisma is corrupt, period, as all witnesses testified to. The Bidens got millions of dollars from Burisma, QED.

Your question is the photo negative of the OP title. I wrote the title and the poll to show that investigating Burisma isn't the same as investigating the Bidens, otherwise the Ukraine would need to fly to China to check those scams out too. Burisma is corrupt, period, as all witnesses testified to. The Bidens got millions of dollars from Burisma, QED.
Mornin!
Did you forget Trump on tv saying not only should the Ukrainians investigate Biden, that China should investigate Biden too?

Last edited:

Mornin!
Did you forget Trump on tv saying not only should the Ukrainians investigate Biden, the Chinese should investigate Biden too?

LOL, Mornin back!, my bad, tell the democrats to add another Article of Impeachment, Chinese election interference! The more Articles the merrier!

nope!
FYI-

nope!
FYI-

Actually the President doesn't have the right to hold up aid that's been appropriated by congress.

Yes the president can delay approved funding for good reason, just ask Lebanon.
U.S. Lifts Hold on Military Aid to Lebanon

"Good Reason"? Such as demeaning a potential opponent in the next election - that's trump's MO. We remember how he attacked every opponent in the Republican Party in his run up to the nomination. And two of those cowardly partisan jerks, are now kissing trump's ass - Graham and Cruz.

Forum List

Back