Zone1 How important is it you as a Christian?

I'm not big on mixing and matching verses to arrive at what I want to see. I'm not saying that it shouldn't ever be done but it should be done with great caution as it can be a slippery slope.
God has scattered certain information throughout the scriptures. Not everything is revealed in one place. Also, some things require careful study to understand.

Isaiah 28:9-10​

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.​

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Also,

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Diligent study is encouraged to 'rightly divide the word of truth'.

Last edited:
God has scattered certain information throughout the scriptures. Not everything is revealed in one place. Also, some things require careful study to understand.

Isaiah 28:9-10​

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.​

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Also,

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Diligent study is encouraged to 'rightly divide the word of truth'.
It's a slippery slope.

Don't project. Not everyone in the forest is lost.
I'm not projecting. I'm describing the risk. The risk exists for everyone. The risk is independent of the person mixing and matching verses because they think God left them a hidden message.

I'm not projecting. I'm describing the risk. The risk exists for everyone. The risk is independent of the person mixing and matching verses because they think God left them a hidden message.
What is the 'risk'? Man has argued about the meaning of scripture since before the ink was dry.

Regarding 'hidden messages', people deliberately disbelieve what is plainly written. The only risk is the ignorance resulting from missing out on the real message.

A 'slippery slope' can help you 'get to the bottom' of things.

What is the 'risk'? Man has argued about the meaning of scripture since before the ink was dry.

Regarding 'hidden messages', people deliberately disbelieve what is plainly written. The only risk is the ignorance resulting from missing out on the real message.

A 'slippery slope' can help you 'get to the bottom' of things.
The risk is convincing yourself it means something that it doesn't.

Tongue-in-cheek isn't "just kidding". There is irony, subtilties, and humor.

Regardless of 'de fide' millions of Christians believe there was an actual snake in the garden, and it seems that the churches are more than happy to let them.
YOu missed the point even more on your silly reply
Even if it is 1000% certain it was a snake and all that, it is NOT and CANNOT be DE FIDE

THe faith is not the same as 'everything that is true" , it is what a Christian believes and accepts.

TOTALLY OFF BASE IN YOUR WHOLE APPROACH
Those millions are ingorant but so are you.

YOu missed the point even more on your silly reply
Even if it is 1000% certain it was a snake and all that, it is NOT and CANNOT be DE FIDE

THe faith is not the same as 'everything that is true" , it is what a Christian believes and accepts.

TOTALLY OFF BASE IN YOUR WHOLE APPROACH
Those millions are ingorant but so are you.
You're making a bigger deal out of this than I am. I'm simply saying that there was no snake, Satan was in possession of Eve from within her mind, Eve would bring forth the seed of both God and of Satan, she was the one that would be eating dirt, and no one would be crawling on their belly like a snake.

Matthew 7:21-23 provides the warning.
More of a statement than a warning.
Each must work out their own salvation with fear and trembling. There are no 'cookie cutter' Christians.

Jesus opened the door to ALL men. unfortunately 99% are mislead.
"Many are called but few are chosen" (in this the church age).

The gospel message is a witness and a warning, much like John the Baptist's message of the call to repentance.

Forum List

Back