How Has Obamacare Hurt You?

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
If you have personally been compromised in some way by Obamacare, please fill us in with some details so we can form a more substantive picture of the active effects of this program.

We would prefer reading about personal experience rather than hearsay ("I know someone who. . ."), etc.

UN tryin' to tell us what to do `bout Obamacare...
:mad:
United Nations: No Obamacare for Illegal Aliens a Human Rights Concern
March 28, 2014 – The UN Human Rights Committee at its March 2014 session in Geneva adopted a list of “observations” for its fourth report on human rights in the United States, citing the denial of coverage through the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, to illegal aliens as a human rights concern.
Under the heading “Immigrants,” in the “concluding observations” portion of the report, the committee questions the “mandatory nature of the deportation of foreigners” and then addresses health care for those in the United States illegally. “Finally, the Committee expresses concerns about the exclusion of millions of undocumented immigrants and their children from coverage under the Affordable Care Act and the limited coverage of undocumented immigrants and immigrants residing lawfully in the U.S. for less than five years by Medicare and Children Health Insurance, all resulting in difficulties in access of immigrants to adequate health care,” the report states.

The Human Rights Committee, which comprises 18 independent legal experts who serve for four years, is a separate entity to the Human Rights Council (HRC), also based in Geneva, which the Obama administration joined in 2009. “We’re committed to advancing a strong human rights agenda, working with multiple partners from all regions of the world,” then-Assistant Secretary of State Michael Posner said in September 2009, the day the U.S. took up its seat on the HRC for the first time. This latest report is the culmination of a lengthy process that began with the federal government in December 2011 submitting a 188-page report on its compliance with the ICCPR and its 27 articles, which range from “self-determination” to “the rights of minorities to culture, religion and language.”

Aside from the U.S. report, the committee also received submissions from non-governmental organizations, covering numerous, often-controversial issues such as the “disproportionate minority impact of felon disfranchisement” (Florida ACLU); “abusive counterterrorism policies” (Human Rights Watch); “restrictive abortion laws” and “the impact of religious refusal laws on women’s reproductive healthcare” (Center for Reproductive Rights); and “discrimination” against immigrants, people of color, Muslims, sex workers and LGBT persons (Human Rights Watch).

The report includes commentary on the “stop and frisk” policy in New York City – a policy that former Mayor Michael Bloomberg said reduced murder rates and gun crimes and current Mayor Bill de Blasio ended – labeled “Racial Profiling.” “While welcoming plans to reform the ‘stop and frisk’ program in New York City, the Committee remains concerned about the practice of racial profiling and surveillance by law enforcement officials targeting certain ethnic minorities, and the surveillance of Muslims undertaken by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the New York Police Department (NYPD) in the absence of any suspicion of wrongdoing,” the U.N. report states.

MORE

See also:

Biden: ‘11 Million Undocumented Aliens Are Already Americans in My View’
March 27, 2014 – Vice President Joe Biden, in a speech to the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s 2014 Legislative Summit, on Thursday said the 11 million illegal aliens in the United States “are already Americans.”
“Eleven million people living in the shadows I believed are already American citizens,” Biden said. “These people are just waiting, waiting for a chance to be able to contribute fully, and by that standard, 11 million undocumented aliens are already Americans in my view.” Biden referenced former President Theodore Roosevelt’s 1894 speech titled “True Americanism.”

“Teddy Roosevelt said it better. He said, Americanism is not a question of birthplace or creed or a line of descent. It’s a question of principles, idealism and character,” Biden said. Biden compared illegal immigrants to immigrants who legally entered the United States, saying it took “a lot of courage” to pick up and go to America where they don’t speak the language and no one seems to want them.

“It takes a whole hell of a lot of courage to be sitting at a wooden kitchen somewhere anywhere in the world and say, you know, I tell you what kids. Let’s all pick up and go to America where we don’t speak the language, where they don’t seem to want us, where it’s gonna be really, really rough to get there, but let’s go. Won’t that be fun?” Biden said. “All they want—they just want a decent life for their kids, a chance to contribute to a free society, a chance to put down roots and help build the next great American century. I really believe that. That’s what they’re fighting for,” Biden added.

Biden: ?11 Million Undocumented Aliens Are Already Americans in My View? | CNS News

Can't really say that Obamacare (aka the ACA) has hurt me.

Matter of fact, it's kinda helped.

Because of the ACA, I as a U.S. Navy veteran can now receive free health care, and will have to pay no more than 8 bucks for a 30 day prescription (if I need it), and won't have to worry about my co-pay if I'm put in the hospital.

Matter of fact, if veterans can provide their DD214, and show how many years they've served, they can probably get the same care for a lot less price if they go to the VA.

I hope every veteran checks this out.

You CAN get decent healthcare from the VA if you sign up.

I mean look around. There is already a clear picture. Unless you have some inside connection to the boys in charge, no one is going to care about a conclusion on an obscure forum.

I get my health insurance through my wife's employer. Because of the changes mandated by Obamacare, the insurance options changed. Premium went up a little bit, but the big change is that the out-of-pocket deductible went up to $4,000. Essentially, we have no insurance for routine doctor visits, diagnostics, drugs, etc.

Obama care will cost my household a couple thousand dollars in 2014. But that's OK because we are a couple of white DINK's.

Freedom of consumer choice. That's enough. If you couple that with extortion, it's pretty sinister like most govt. involved programs.

Me and my Husband had to find a new primary care Doctor, because our old one could not afford to keep her practice open. . It was hard to find another good primary physician in our small town.

My Mom was put on generic high blood pressure pills to help bring down costs and she was allergic to both pills. She got so stressed out and her blood pressure got so high she was taken to an emergency room. She almost had a stroke. It took her 2 months for her blood pressure to get back to normal.

We have had 5 friends that has been downsized from full time to part time work.
All of this because of the new Health Care bill.

If you have personally been compromised in some way by Obamacare, please fill us in with some details so we can form a more substantive picture of the active effects of this program.

We would prefer reading about personal experience rather than hearsay ("I know someone who. . ."), etc.

The plan I had through my employer was cancelled because ofObamaCare.
All the employees had to fill out new forms with our provider.
We got coverage and the difference is quite striking.

While the premiums remained basically the same I now have a high deductible,$6,000.00
yearly.

I called the insurance company today to confirm a few things.
Before I was able to go to my Doctor and pay $40.00 co pay for the office visit and then another $40.00 co pay if he did a few tests like EKG and Echo Cardiagram I think it's called to test blood flow.

Now those are not covered.If I agree to have those done now I will have to pay for the full costs of those out of pocket and that will go towards my deductible.
If I need a hospital vist for any reason I will have to pay for that out of pocket as well until
my deductible is reached.

So there you have it....

Of course Harry Reid and the Democrats say I'm full of shit and OCare is a raging success..
But for me I had a plan I was happy with.Now,not so much...Actually now I have a plan that totally sucks.

My premiums went down, deductible is the same, no more co-pay for doctor's office visits, two refunds because of the 80% mandate, some scrips went down.

Still have the same doctors and haven't heard anything about all these doctors who are supposedly retiring now that they will be paid without having to chase down deadbeats.

Still very interesting to see that its rw's who have all these complaints and are "paying more" while Dems are saving money. Coincidence?

My premiums went down, deductible is the same, no more co-pay for doctor's office visits, two refunds because of the 80% mandate, some scrips went down.

Still have the same doctors and haven't heard anything about all these doctors who are supposedly retiring now that they will be paid without having to chase down deadbeats.

Still very interesting to see that its rw's who have all these complaints and are "paying more" while Dems are saving money. Coincidence?

I can only tell what happened to me...
And for the Obama supporters to call those that have the same issues liars.
Well I expect no less from them....

I've got full coverage, and only have to pay 8 dollars/month for each prescription that I may require.

Obamacare (aka the ACA) has made this possible.

Thank you President Obama!

Made my insurance rates go up $200 a month. The good news is that my 68 year old wife now has birth control and abortion covered.

Don't forget to tell the good folks here you are on Medicare.

The Affordable Care Act & Medicare | Medicare.gov

Medicare isn’t part of the Health Insurance Marketplace established by ACA, so you don't have to replace your Medicare coverage with Marketplace coverage. No matter how you get Medicare, whether through Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan, you’ll still have the same benefits and security you have now.

You don’t need to do anything with the Marketplace during Open Enrollment.

You get more preventive services, for less. Medicare now covers certain preventive services, like mammograms or colonoscopies, without charging you for the Part B coinsurance or deductible. You also can get a free yearly "Wellness" visit.

You can save money on brand-name drugs. If you’re in the donut hole, you'll also get a 50% discount when buying Part D-covered brand-name prescription drugs. The discount is applied automatically at the counter of your pharmacy—you don’t have to do anything to get it. The donut hole will be closed completely by 2020.

Your doctor gets more support. With new initiatives to support care coordination, your doctor may get additional resources to make sure that your treatments are consistent.

The ACA ensures the protection of Medicare for years to come. The life of the Medicare Trust fund will be extended to at least 2029—a 12-year extension due to reductions in waste, fraud and abuse, and Medicare costs, which will provide you with future savings on your premiums and coinsurance.

I mean look around. There is already a clear picture. Unless you have some inside connection to the boys in charge, no one is going to care about a conclusion on an obscure forum.
This is vague allusion which contains nothing useful.

The question is, How has Obamacare hurt you? It is not a trick question and there is nothing deceptive about it. If Obamacare has hurt you in some way, tell us about it. If you feel there is a "clear picture" of something, please tell us specifically what it is.

Forum List

Back