How Fox News is Killing the Republican Party

I have to disagree.
The "information age" has become the "disinformation age"

If only we could return to the days when R. Edward Murrow and the NY Times filtered all information to that which the party approved, it would be grand.

All these Fox and Internet usurpers letting people find out things that the party doesn't approve of must be stopped.

It is far to easy for people to cloister themselves into little echo chambers where they only hear like-minded people telling them only what they want to know - like Fox News (and MSNBC I'm told) does.

Thinking people try to get both sides of the story. You like far left sources such as Slate, and think that opposing views must be crushed, or at least strongly suppressed.

I look at what the state run media puts out, and what the opposition press puts out. From there, I can make an intelligent choice.

People are not forced to listen to anyone else's opinion and way too many choose not to. They don't understand what is happening in the world around them and they have little to no chance to grow and learn.

Then why is it you seek to silence Fox?

Ah, because dissent is not to be tolerated.

I think people were actually much better served when their were fewer media outlets and those outlets did a much better job of presenting all sides of an issue.

Of course you do, a captive people are best controlled by limiting access to information.

The party will decide what we need to know.

Wow - you guys are really getting vulgar? You must be really mad. How come?

Usually someone has to really hit a nerve to make someone meltdown THIS bad.

Challenged the beloved Fox News, huh?

The evidence speaks for itself - you are being poorly served. There's a great big country out there that you really should get out and explore. It's not nearly as scary as you've been led to believe.

It's our beloved freedom of speech. You seek to crush dissenting voices, which the left has always done. You're not new and fresh, Lenin, Mao, and Pol Pot pursued the same agenda long before you espoused it here.

I really wouldn't mind the Fox News indoctrination methods so much if they hadn't been responsible for so completely letting down so many decent people. I know a lot of Fox News devotees. I like them. I care about them. And they bought into all that "skewed polls" crap and Rove and Will's guarantees of a Romney landslide so whole-heartedly they were unprepared and really devastated by what happened to them Tuesday night. It was sad and Fox news is responsible for that.

I laugh at the Fox News folks melting down. I can't laugh about it when it is people I really care about.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of argument I'll stipulate the morons at Slate are correct.

In '08 the Republican party lost to Barry & Party by 8.5 million votes, a 7 point margin advantage, and that translated into their EC victory, 365 to 173.

Now in 2012 Barry got roughly 6.5 million fewer popular votes, his winning margin shrunk by nearly 5 points, and his electoral vote shrunk by 33 votes.

So to recap, Barry did worse, Republicans did better, and it's all the fault of Fox so we should stop watching them for, I guess, the likes of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC instead?

Thanks, Slate, for pointing that out.

You can't represent America unles you listen to American. You can't listen to American by Fox news - you can only listen to half. Then watch MSNBC for the other half.

Or save time and watch one of the other networks that presents both sides. Or flip around to all occassionally (call it opposition research if you like) and get a peak at what everyone is saying.

Well if you'd like to take the time to dig around in here you'll find quite a few of my posts in which I mention how much MSNBC I do watch, and on more than one occasion I've quipped it's part of that 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' thing.

What I was pointing out was the idiocy of the Slate article and, I guess, by extension yours as well for starting a thread based on it and your ignorance of the election numbers this week vs. '08.

In '08 the Republican party lost to Barry & Party by 8.5 million votes, a 7 point margin advantage, and that translated into their EC victory, 365 to 173.

Now in 2012 Barry got roughly 6.5 million fewer popular votes, his winning margin shrunk by nearly 5 points, and his electoral vote shrunk by 33 votes.

So to recap, Barry did worse, Republicans did better, and it's all the fault of Fox so we should stop watching them for, I guess, the likes of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC instead?

You can't represent America unles you listen to American. You can't listen to American by Fox news - you can only listen to half. Then watch MSNBC for the other half.

Or save time and watch one of the other networks that presents both sides. Or flip around to all occassionally (call it opposition research if you like) and get a peak at what everyone is saying.

Well if you'd like to take the time to dig around in here you'll find quite a few of my posts in which I mention how much MSNBC I do watch, and on more than one occasion I've quipped it's part of that 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' thing.

What I was pointing out was the idiocy of the Slate article and, I guess, by extension yours as well for starting a thread based on it and your ignorance of the election numbers this week vs. '08.

The troll nodoginafight thinks he knows what has been going on here the last month or so.
He makes generalizations pulled from deep within his ass.

I really wouldn't mind the Fox News indoctrination methods so much if they hadn't been responsible for so completely letting down so many decent people. I know a lot of Fox News devotees. I like them. I care about them. And they bought into all that "skewed polls" crap and Rove and Will's guarantees of a Romney landslide so whole-heartedly they were unprepared and really devastated by what happened to them Tuesday night. It was sad and Fox news is responsible for that.

I laugh at the Fox News folks melting down. I can't laugh about it when it is people I really care about.

WOW are you serious??

Holy cow. FOX is the ONLY right leaning new agency out there. Every other agency is leaning left.

You think anyone who listens to FOX is indoctrinated?? WOW How bout all those who listen to every other network out there? They can't possibly be indoctrinated to the left now can they??

Your such a joke.

WOW are you serious??

Holy cow. FOX is the ONLY right leaning new agency out there. Every other agency is leaning left.

You think anyone who listens to FOX is indoctrinated?? WOW How bout all those who listen to every other network out there? They can't possibly be indoctrinated to the left now can they??

Your such a joke.

Excellent point!

You can try to attack the messanger all you want - but the Slate article brings up some very valid points. (and I'm well aware of the election numbers for 08 and 12 (and 10 for that matter). Fox news devotees are being very poorly served. Obviously I'm not endorsing NEVER watching Fox news as I've demonstrated that I do it myself a couple of times a week.

What I - and the author of the Slate piece - are saying is that people who put all their trust and all their confidence in Fox News (and you and I both know there are plenty of them out there) are not well informed about what is going on in America, they are not well-informed voters, and they are ill prepared for what comes around.

And Fox News continually promotes this meme by claiming how the "mainstream media" is skewing the news. (Of course they want to create as loyal a viewership as possible) But it is obvious Fox that is skewing the news and their presentation of it. They try to force feed their viewers the crap that "every other news outlet leans left" which is obviously absurd on its face. I'll stipulate to MSNBC - if you say so - as I said, I don't watch it. But only a cult leader like Fox news tells it's people that THEY are the only credible source of information.

Last edited:

You can try to attack the messanger all you want - but the Slate article brings up some very valid points. (and I'm well aware of the election numbers for 08 and 12 (and 10 for that matter). Fox news devotees are being very poorly served. Obviously I'm not endorsing NEVER watching Fox news as I've demonstrated that I do it myself a couple of times a week.

What I - and the author of the Slate piece - are saying is that people who put all their trust and all their confidence in Fox News (and you and I both know there are plenty of them out there) are not well informed about what is going on in America, they are not well-informed voters, and they are ill prepared for what comes around.

Do I need to post all those "man on the street" interviews of which many, if not the majority, are Obama supporters showing just how ignorant they are on the issues as well as not being able to say who the VP is?

You can mask what you're "trying" to say but we know what you "are" saying. You're attacking FOX and anyone who watches it and cushioning it by saying that you sometimes watch it as well.

Do I need to post all those "man on the street" interviews of which many, if not the majority, are Obama supporters showing just how ignorant they are on the issues as well as not being able to say who the VP is?

You can mask what you're "trying" to say but we know what you "are" saying. You're attacking FOX and anyone who watches it and cushioning it by saying that you sometimes watch it as well.

oops - premature e-post-alation?
:lol:

oops - premature e-post-alation?
:lol:

Stick around. Del and LoneLaugher should be along soon and you can all get out your crayons and color together.

WOW are you serious??

Your such a joke.

The left seeks to silence the opposition. It's always been this way. NoDog is simply expressing the view his party has programmed into him.

Since I have demonstrated that I watch Fox News ocassionally (I've posted about things only people who've watched Fox news at least ocassionally would know) It's clear that I'm saying nothing of the sort. In your knee-jerk reaction defense of your cult leader - you just read what you wanted to into my post. And got vulgar about it.

Your credibility has been seriously damaged. It hasn't been helped by the contradiction between your "you're wasting my time" post and your continued presence here either.

As a matter of fact they were - I guess you didn't read or watch those.

But please do - go right ahead deluding yourself and get used to saying this:

President Hillary Clinton

Hey Einstein, I watched the bastion of idiots like you called MSLSD and they all said it would be a very tight race. So carry on lying and think that you can get away with it. As to Hillary, her chances are dead in the water. But if Obama does fail in the next 4 years by all mean run her, then we will see who is delusional, asshole.

Wow - lot of vitrol and profanity from the far right - I must have hit a nerve.
The actual results were uncannily reflected in Nate Silver's analysis of all the polling data.

But I guess you guys in the Fox News-Rush Limbaugh-Scotty Rassmussen cave never heard about that, huh?

You guys thought Obama was "dead in the water" too didn't you?

How come you didn't know? How come you were so shocked?

"Fox News feeds its viewers a line of bull about the way the world is. Viewers buy this line of bull. Misinformed viewers become misinformed voters. And then misinformed voters are shocked when Obama wins. Hey, I thought everyone hated this guy?"

Watching the Fox News chanel on election night was the funniest television I've seen in years. Red-faced, Spluttering and stuttering Karl Rove melting down and Megyn Kelly running through the Fox News corridors trying to hunt down their "decision desk" to confront them about "what went wrong."

I haven't laughed that hard in years.

I believe they do watch more than FOX News, they just don't listen. How could they when they are shouting at the screen and throwing hissy fits every time Rachel Maddow opens her mouth?

How Fox News failed the Republican Party in the 2012 election. - Slate Magazine

When you only listen to one side of the issues, you don't truly understand the issues. When you don't truly understand the issues - or half of the American population - you have a hard time winning elections.

The first show that needs to GO is Huckabee--who spends 1/2 hour interviewing candidates on their abortion stance.

I haven't seen that one much. But Huckabee is a former Baptist minister and I think his views on abortion are shared by about 30 % of the American people. That's fine - but I can see how such a preoccupation on that issue and pretty much demanding that GOP candidates toe the company line on that single issue (especially when they demand such an unpopular opinion) is also counter-productive to the GOP.

But if that's a "core value" that cannot be compromised on, maybe he should spend time trying to win people over to his point of view. Because right now, they're losing support on their abortion position.

Last edited:
Hey Einstein, I watched the bastion of idiots like you called MSLSD and they all said it would be a very tight race. So carry on lying and think that you can get away with it. As to Hillary, her chances are dead in the water. But if Obama does fail in the next 4 years by all mean run her, then we will see who is delusional, asshole.

Wow - lot of vitrol and profanity from the far right - I must have hit a nerve.
The actual results were uncannily reflected in Nate Silver's analysis of all the polling data.

But I guess you guys in the Fox News-Rush Limbaugh-Scotty Rassmussen cave never heard about that, huh?

You guys thought Obama was "dead in the water" too didn't you?

How come you didn't know? How come you were so shocked?

"Fox News feeds its viewers a line of bull about the way the world is. Viewers buy this line of bull. Misinformed viewers become misinformed voters. And then misinformed voters are shocked when Obama wins. Hey, I thought everyone hated this guy?"

Watching the Fox News chanel on election night was the funniest television I've seen in years. Red-faced, Spluttering and stuttering Karl Rove melting down and Megyn Kelly running through the Fox News corridors trying to hunt down their "decision desk" to confront them about "what went wrong."

I haven't laughed that hard in years.

I believe they do watch more than FOX News, they just don't listen. How could they when they are shouting at the screen and throwing hissy fits every time Rachel Maddow opens her mouth?

Well yeah, good point. If you are going to understand people well enough to influence them, you have to really listen to them without marginalizing their opinions.

No network can harm thinking people.

That's the point. Fox viewers are very low on intelligence and let fox do all the "hard" work for them, so all they do is sit on their lazy asses and obey every piece of propaganda that is told to them.

Forum List

Back