How fantastic it would be if Trump could talk Desantis into being his V.P.

Despite Trump telling Fox News this week that DeSantis was on his short list of potential ticket mates, DeSantis said definitively Wednesday that he would not serve as vice president, indicating that he would be more effective remaining Florida governor, two sources said
Name one person connected with trump where things ended well.

Despite Trump telling Fox News this week that DeSantis was on his short list of potential ticket mates, DeSantis said definitively Wednesday that he would not serve as vice president, indicating that he would be more effective remaining Florida governor, two sources said

i realize that the constitution is a slippery thing to trump, but the governor of florida can not claim to be a citizen of wyoming.

i should give you the win just for that quote from blake.

Why would Trump want DeSantis for VP after all the shit he talked about him in the primaries? Even saying that he is on his shortlist just shows off Trumps hypocrisy

Trump needs to start listing his administration.
VP
Chief of Staff Kash Patel
SECDEF Pompeo
DNI Ratcliff
Sec of State Nunes
OMB Mick Mulvaney
CIA ????? Homan
FBI ?????? Jim Jordan
DOJ-AG Whitaker
DHS
Transport.
Energy
Treasury Nikki Haley
Fed Reserve Keep Powell
Econ advisors (Lightheiser & Navarro again)

Whoever wins in November has two choices:
1. Keep spending until the dollar collapses, $7T Budgets
2. Start down an "austerity" path that pulls the US out of Debt. Raise taxes, save SS & Medicare, cut spending, send Welfare & Medicaid to the states, etc.

I'm afraid it will be #1, same as the democrats.
Is that a list of the most incompetent people you can think of?

Why would Trump want DeSantis for VP after all the shit he talked about him in the primaries? Even saying that he is on his shortlist just shows off Trumps hypocrisy
Biden wanted Kamala after she called him a racist on national TV. But then again, his choice was limited because he refused to consider whitey or men.

Yep and it will get him ready for prime time the next go-round.

That said Trump is a lot of baggage to carry around moving forward.
First of all I believe that a Trump/DeSantis ticket is likely and would be hard to beat even if the Dems wise up and dump Biden.

Second, if he is, I wonder how the DOJ/FBI/DNC will go after DeSantis? My guess is they’ll open investigations into his actions re: Disney and into how his past campaigns have been financed.

They will open the investigations, leak their existence and anything negative like a sieve and refuse to answer questions in front of Congress. They’ll get started now and ask Biden - meaning Biden’s handlers) for a last minute special counsel as he leaves office.

DeSantis remembers a noose with Mike Pence's name on it on J6 & decided being the orange baboon's running mate just might not be that great an idea.
Oh FFS, Mike Pence was free to resign anytime he wished. He also could have shown some class and not stabbed Trump in the back after Trump did him a huge favor and picked his boring ass for VP.

As for your Trump TDS it's worn out, we have heard it all before. Come up with some new content.

Oh FFS, Mike Pence was free to resign anytime he wished. He also could have shown some class and not stabbed Trump in the back after Trump did him a huge favor and picked his boring ass for VP.

As for your Trump TDS it's worn out, we have heard it all before. Come up with some new content.
Oh, you mean Pence stabbed Trump in the back by not helping him to overturn the election that he lost, screwing 81 million people out of their vote for Biden?

As for YOU, you should take a good hard look at yourself.

Oh, you mean Pence stabbed Trump in the back by not helping him to overturn the election that he lost, screwing 81 million people out of their vote for Biden?

As for YOU, you should take a good hard look at yourself.
You Dems don't understand because Dems are backstabbing scumbags.

Biden wanted Kamala after she called him a racist on national TV. But then again, his choice was limited because he refused to consider whitey or men.
Hold up. Are you really saying “Biden did it” as an excuse for Trump doing it? You really want to go with that answer. Is Biden setting the bar for you now?

i realize that the constitution is a slippery thing to trump, but the governor of florida can not claim to be a citizen of wyoming.

i should give you the win just for that quote from blake.
Agreed that the governor of Florida could not plausibly claim to be a resident of another state. But Trump could easily convert to a New Yorker after the election, in a similar move to Cheney's.

But if an election turns out to be particularly close, the rule could potentially come into play. It almost did in the notoriously contentious election of 2000. When Texas Gov. George W. Bush chose Dick Cheney as his running mate on the Republican ticket, Cheney had been living and voting and paying taxes for five years in Texas. Shortly before the election, however, Cheney obtained a Wyoming driver’s license and put his Dallas home on the market. (He had a vacation home in Wyoming, which is the state he had formerly represented in the U.S. Congress.)

The courts would have to step in to say that he could not, and they have been very reluctant to rule on election cases, preferring to throw them out of court on any grounds that attorneys for either side propose.

Not happening

His VP is gonna be Tulsi and she's gonna destroy Kamala

Not happening

His VP is gonna be Tulsi and she's gonna destroy Kamala
Kamala doesn’t need to be destroyed. That sputtering moron self destructs.

Frankly, I agree that giving DeSantis the VP nod would be a brilliant move by Trump.

DeSantis did not run a good campaign. But he had already established himself as a good political administrator. Smart and effective.

I doubt Trump will go there. But that’s a shame. He should.

Forum List

Back