How, exactly, would it be done to prove Trump did not declassify those documents?

Tough shit, you imbecile.

Try to follow along with your microscopic brain and utterly shallow capacity for thought.

If this matter were to lead to an indictment against President Trump, and that indictment dared to charge him with a crime based on the Espionage Act, then it would presumably lead to court. If it survived motions to dismiss, etc., then it would go to trial.

This is still America. Therefore, the Government would carry the burden of proof. It is always on the Government. It never shifts under our law.

The United States could prove, I guess, that in his possession on the date of the raid at Mar a Lago, President Trump was in physical possession of several documents still marked as “classified” in one way or another. But, the defense would also get to be heard.

The President would easily be able to offer evidence that he had (while still President) DECLASSIFIED those very same documents. And he wouldn’t even have to take the stand to offer that evidence.

Now, your concern, little billie.zip, is that it would be difficult for the US Attorney to prove that President hadn’t declassified them? You’re whining about the difficulty of having to prove the negative?

Too fucking bad. Tough luck. Them’s the breaks. Don’t like it? Cool. Then don’t bring such an idiotic charge.

But if Brandon (shhhh!!! it can’t be admitted out loud) or his handlers are moronic enough to order the DOJ to seek such an indictment with that charge in it, then the US Attorney is stuck with that burden of proof. Overtly politicizing the Department of Justice comes with some costs, Brandon.

Little billie.zip can cry about that all he wants. It won’t change a thing.
Hey idiot let sum up the actual case the government is going to have. You ready? They recovered classified documents from Trump’s home. That is their case. It’s only you idiots that think this all boils down to whether or not those documents were declassified. In court, the only way that issue is going to be put forward in court is if Trump claims he declassified them as his defense.

:dance:

They have the classified documents they recovered from Trump’s house that is their evidence for the case itself. We are simply talking about the idea they were declassified or not. See it’s a stupid thing to talk about because the evidence speaks for itself.
The documents were declassified by Trump. Just because Records didn't do their paperwork doesn't mean they were not declassified. Every President has done the same, only Trump is found guilty unless proven innocent. WTF was Trump going to do with the documents anyway? Maybe he had documents to prove FBI corruption? Maybe he had the evidence on 'Crossfire Hurricane' or just who lied to the FISA court. You automatically call Trump guilty because of your TDS.

The documents were declassified by Trump. Just because Records didn't do their paperwork doesn't mean they were not declassified. Every President has done the same, only Trump is found guilty unless proven innocent. WTF was Trump going to do with the documents anyway? Maybe he had documents to prove FBI corruption? Maybe he had the evidence on 'Crossfire Hurricane' or just who lied to the FISA court. You automatically call Trump guilty because of your TDS.
Lol your assertion that Trump declassified them is based off NOTHING besides what Trump said. That’s it. That’s your only basis.

The case the government has is that they recovered classified documents. The only way a judge is going to care about whether or not they were declassified is if Trump uses it as a defense. If Trump does not make that claim, it will never be discussed.

Geezus Fuck! Will everybody please stop asking WHY he took the fucking documents! Name one thing that he has done in his life that WASN’T to make a profit! Just one
ScreenShot_20220901214036.png

Hey idiot
Not a good start by talking to yourself.
let sum up the actual case the government is going to have.

Sure. Let.
You ready?
For your bad guesswork? Sure. Proceed.
They recovered classified documents from Trump’s home.

Wrong. They recovered documents “marked” as classified. Not the same thing. Continue.
That is their case.
Lol. That’s not a “case” at all. It is at most a piece of evidence; but only if it’s relevant to a charge. The question is “which charge or charges” would it be relevant to?
It’s only you idiots that think this all boils down to whether or not those documents were declassified.
Wrong. The alleged “classification” is only pertinent to a charge related to the Espionage Act.
In court, the only way that issue is going to be put forward in court is if Trump claims he declassified them as his defense.
Hey, stupid. If the Government charges a crime under the Espionage Act, the allegedly “classified” nature is relevant. Otherwise, it is of no significance. Further, as I already noted, President Trump could get into evidence the contention that the documents had previously been declassified; and he wouldn’t even have to testify to do so. I guess that mystifies you, too.

But I’m sure you’re still too vastly stupid to understand any of this.

Lol your assertion that Trump declassified them is based off NOTHING besides what Trump said. That’s it. That’s your only basis.
Unlike you, other people know that it is not just President Trump who said so. His word alone is still legally sufficient, anyway.
The case the government has is that they recovered classified documents.
No. They recovered documents MARKED as “classified” in one way or another. But that’s not the same thing. 😎
The only way a judge is going to care about whether or not they were declassified is if Trump uses it as a defense.
Which, of course, he would if he’s charged for a crime under the Espionage Act.
If Trump does not make that claim, it will never be discussed.
Don’t worry. If the government makes the massive mistake of charging him with a crime under the Espionage Act, and it ever goes to trial, it is a certainty that he will get the evidence before the jury that he had declassified then documents while he was still President.

Not a good start by talking to yourself.

Sure. Let.

For your bad guesswork? Sure. Proceed.

Wrong. They recovered documents “marked” as classified. Not the same thing. Continue.

Lol. That’s not a “case” at all. It is at most a piece of evidence; but only if it’s relevant to a charge. The question is “which charge or charges” would it be relevant to?

Wrong. The alleged “classification” is only pertinent to a charge related to the Espionage Act.

Hey, stupid. If the Government charges a crime under the Espionage Act, the allegedly “classified” nature is relevant. Otherwise, it is of no significance. Further, as I already noted, President Trump could get into evidence the contention that the documents had previously been declassified; and he wouldn’t even have to testify to do so. I guess that mystifies you, too.

But I’m sure you’re still too vastly stupid to understand any of this.
Lol I love how you single out words and phrases as if that owns me or whatever.

Okay let me sum this up for you more thoroughly because you’re a little slow. The government’s case is that they recovered classified documents from Trump’s home. Lol we even agree they were marked classified. I mean why would Trump even have them in that state if they were in fact declassified? It makes zero sense. You’re trying way too hard at this.

So again, their case will be that Trump stole classified documents. What is their proof? The documents they recovered were marked classified lol.

The case the government has is that they recovered classified documents. The only way a judge is going to care about whether or not they were declassified is if Trump uses it as a defense. If Trump does not make that claim, it will never be discussed.
Like every other President and high official like Hillary that lost emails. Comey gave HER a pass. Why would Trump be treated any differently? Recovered? Whatever documents there were were already recovered by Trump. He was POTUS who has the sole power to classify and declassify. The bureaucracy is supposed to SUPPORT him not INDICT him. Do you think the D.C. bureaucracy should have more power than POTUS? I bet you do.

Like every other President and high official like Hillary that lost emails. Comey gave HER a pass. Why would Trump be treated any differently? Recovered? Whatever documents there were were already recovered by Trump. He was POTUS who has the sole power to classify and declassify. The bureaucracy is supposed to SUPPORT him not INDICT him. Do you think the D.C. bureaucracy should have more power than POTUS? I bet you do.
It doesn’t matter if he had the power. There is a formal process involving paperwork to having it done.

You self own. You say absurd and silly things and generally have not the slightest clue about what your attempting to post.
Okay let me sum this up for you more thoroughly because you’re a little slow.
I ran circles around you. The problem remains. You don’t know what you’re trying to discuss.
The government’s case is that they recovered classified documents from Trump’s home.
Again that’s not a “case.” It’s a claim. And it isn’t likely to even be denied (unless that shit gets excluded because the warrant is controverted).
Lol we even agree they were marked classified.

I already did.
I mean why would Trump even have them in that state if they were in fact declassified?
I mean, stupid question. Probably because they hadn’t gotten marked yet as declassified.
It makes zero sense.
Nothing makes sense to you.
You’re trying way too hard at this.
I’m not even trying. It’s easy. You’re speaking babbling bullshit. Refutation takes no effort.
So again, their case will be that Trump stole classified documents.
No. It won’t be. “Stole” is a word with precise legal meaning. Being in physical possession of the property doesn’t meet that definition.
What is their proof?
What is who’s proof?
The documents they recovered were marked classified lol.
That only means that at some point in time they had been classified. That doesn’t mean they still were classified. And it doesn’t mean “stolen”

You’re a VERY slow student. And in almost every respect, here, you have been and continue to be massively incorrect.

It doesn’t matter if he had the power. There is a formal process involving paperwork to having it done.
The 'formal process' needs to be done by the bureaucracy AFTER POTUS declassifies. They didn't do their job, they NEVER do because POTUSES always have thousands of documents. Obama had millions. We are witnessing the Government takeover of free elections, we are witnessing the government saying a citizen is guilty before proven innocent. It's right in front of your face yet you are blind, stupid or an operative of the far left.

Okay let me sum this up for you more thoroughly because you’re a little slow. The government’s case is that they recovered classified documents from Trump’s home. Lol we even agree they were marked classified. I mean why would Trump even have them in that state if they were in fact declassified? It makes zero sense. You’re trying way too hard at this.

So again, their case will be that Trump stole classified documents. What is their proof? The documents they recovered were marked classified lol.
You really aren't that sharp, Billy! As President, Trump would have been the ultimate authority on document classification. It doesn't matter what the documents are "marked" as President they are classified whatever HE says they are! The DOJ of one administration doesn't have the Constitutional right to override a President from a previous administration's classifications retroactively. That's never been done before FOR A REASON!

Ah yes...the "formal process" that you claim exists but can't outline? An unseen "process" that somehow overshadows the Constitution? Good luck proving THAT in a court of law, Billy!

When Trump was talking about appointing a special master for the documents, he pointed out that they would have to have a high security clearance.

Why?

Forum List

Back