How Do You See God?

Not what I said. I said Christianity begins with love of God whereas Judaism begins with love of Law. Either way must be taught.
I differ a little. I believe that both Christianity and Judaism begin with a desire to love GOD. However, I believe unredeemed Jews feel that they are saved by GOD through keeping HIS LAW. They don't see this as an impossibility and that is why the sacrifice was necessary. Additionally, the blood sacrifices of old merely pointed to the sacrifice to end all sacrifices. That of the MESSIAH who would give of HIS life a ransom for many.

If he's a Baptist, he's exactly like those other people.
I've never met anyone who was exactly like anyone else or any stereotype of a group. Each person I have ever met had unique ideas or beliefs nobody else has, and also at least one ironic quirk that stands out and almost contradicts any given stereotype or label you might assume applies to that person.

If you dig deep enough, you will find something you disagree with totally and find horrible, as well as something you absolutely agree on and find wonderful, with the same person or with a group.

If we don't forgive the bad side we hate, we miss out on the good part of a person or group that can do a lot more good for the world if we focused there.

I've never met anyone who was exactly like anyone else or any stereotype of a group. Each person I have ever met had unique ideas or beliefs nobody else has, and also at least one ironic quirk that stands out and almost contradicts any given stereotype or label you might assume applies to that person.

If you dig deep enough, you will find something you disagree with totally and find horrible, as well as something you absolutely agree on and find wonderful, with the same person or with a group.

If we don't forgive the bad side we hate, we miss out on the good part of a person or group that can do a lot more good for the world if we focused there.
Yes, I'm sure that if you looked hard enough, you could also find something to admire about Charlie Manson, but I don't think forgiving him and trying to see things from his point of view would have been very productive.

Forum List

Back