How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.

Normally i would say no, however, space is a region that we need, as a race of beings, to conquer. Mankinds very survival requires that we be able to exist, and work in space. The sad truth is, the military has been responsible for more technological advancement than any other source. The space race too added to our technology, but we don't have one of those going on right now.

Thus, it makes sense to put resources towards development of a space force that can be used to defend the Earth from the next big asteroid that could wipe out civilization, if not life itself.
Why can't NASA be reinvested and handle it? They are already up and running? What would a separate space force have that NASA doesn't already have or couldn't expand to handle?
NASA also has the engineers and scientists that the armed forces don’t.
Not many Rocket Scientists in the Marines

[/QUOTE]
From what I heard, the Space Force is going to be a sixth military arm, equal to the Army, Navy, etc. NASA will no doubt be encapsulated into the Space Force. It's too bad that our mission into space has to morph from curious scientists wanting to learn more into a military mission to blow things up. But I suppose we must protect ourselves, too.[/QUOTE]
In space, there is no "up".

Once it gets to Congress, I think the idea will die on the vine

Trump is surrounded by yes men who praise whatever idea he comes up with. I doubt Congress sees the need.

So couldn’t we just do the same thing without weaponizing outer space?

Oh, and by the way, some 10 years ago we destroyed a satellite with a missile fired from a seaborne ship. Its not as if we have no capability there already.

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

America is going to need a modern, galaxy class Space Warfare branch in order to keep the throughout the universe. Further, America may well decide to annex new states based on other planets. Those folks are going to need security
throughout the universe?....you are getting a head of yourself.....we have to keep order in our galaxy first....

Oh, and by the way, some 10 years ago we destroyed a satellite with a missile fired from a seaborne ship. Its not as if we have no capability there already.
we have to keep a step ahead of them.....i dont understand some of it,for instance we are partners with Russia with the ISS....it should be a joint effort for exploration....none of this weapons bullshit.....but i aint in charge.....

we have to keep a step ahead of them.....i dont understand some of it,for instance we are partners with Russia with the ISS....it should be a joint effort for exploration....none of this weapons bullshit.....but i aint in charge.....

I see your point. I am yet to be convinced that we’re not ahead of them given that we have done already—successfully—what is being cited in the links above.

RW's applauded when 43 cut NASA funding - if Trump decides to spend $100 Trillion a month on space his bots will line up to lick his nuts.

Space- the final frontier. LET IT BE SO !
not what i read here....they were criticizing him for doing that....

I see your point. I am yet to be convinced that we’re not ahead of them given that we have done already—successfully—what is being cited in the links above.
we are ahead of them,but we have to keep ahead of them....if they develop something that is a weapon, we have to make sure we have something to counter that weapon....

One thing that would be possible I've seen discussed is a world wide rapid deployment response with self landing rocket troop carriers. 30 minutes to anywhere In.the world.
No overflight cares to worry about. Natural disater response.Many uses.

You know, wanting to have a space force is all well and good, but I have one small question...............................

How are we going to pay for it?

Space flight is expensive, and getting stuff to places like the ISS costs around 10,000/lb. With all the tax cuts that Trump has given, as well as wanting to build the wall, repair all the infrastructure and all the other stuff he wants to do, how is it going to be paid for?

You know, wanting to have a space force is all well and good, but I have one small question...............................

How are we going to pay for it?

Space flight is expensive, and getting stuff to places like the ISS costs around 10,000/lb. With all the tax cuts that Trump has given, as well as wanting to build the wall, repair all the infrastructure and all the other stuff he wants to do, how is it going to be paid for?
Other than vague rhetoric and coming up with some snazzy logos and uniforms, I don’t see the Trump people coming up with any explanation of what a Space Force is supposed to do

Have they created a “space force”?
someone will be manning those weapons.....so in a way yes they will be creating their own....

we are ahead of them,but we have to keep ahead of them....if they develop something that is a weapon, we have to make sure we have something to counter that weapon....

And the arms race goes galactic….

“That history book on the shelf…is always repeating itself”….

In the old world the nations that controlled the oceans controlled the world, space will be no different. Ask the American indians how different their lives would be if they had control over the ocean around this country when the Europeans showed up....

Forum List

Back