How do you explain Natural Rights to a Liberal who believes rights depend on Govt?

There's a discussion to be had about natural rights vs civil rights, but with respect to abortion it comes down to whether or not a fetus should have a natural right to life. Even though the unborn have a separate and distinct DNA and are obviously composed of living human tissue, there are many who believe that the mother has the right to terminate that life for any reason whatsoever, including inconvenience. And at any point up to birth, as if the act of giving birth confers personhood; I suspect that quite a few expectant mothers and fathers would be quite vocal about that. So, do we as a society value the sanctity of life or not? I don't know how anyone can say yes to that and then support abortion.

You don't KNOW is correct. The mere fact that you're prepared to give MORE rights to a fetus than you are willing to give to the woman, demonstrates that you think women aren't people with rights of their own.

The moment you're prepared to abridge a woman's right to self-determination, is the moment I'm prepared to demand that any man who gets a woman pregnant, against her will, gets his dick cut off.

You don't KNOW is correct. The mere fact that you're prepared to give MORE rights to a fetus than you are willing to give to the woman, demonstrates that you think women aren't people with rights of their own.

The moment you're prepared to abridge a woman's right to self-determination, is the moment I'm prepared to demand that any man who gets a woman pregnant, against her will, gets his dick cut off.

We can talk about rights.

The woman has the right to not create a baby only for the purpose of killing it.

For once in your sorry life, control those genitals! If you can't do that, you probably are not mature enough to drink, vote, or drive a car.

Damn, I just don't understand a SO CALLED mind that can only scream FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME.

No wonder y'all can only cut it in liberal arts colleges.

We can talk about rights.

The woman has the right to not create a baby only for the purpose of killing it.

For once in your sorry life, control those genitals! If you can't do that, you probably are not mature enough to drink, vote, or drive a car.

Damn, I just don't understand a SO CALLED mind that can only scream FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME, FUCK ME.

No wonder y'all can only cut it in liberal arts colleges.

Where did you talk about Rights there? All I saw was you talking about your Soy Boy (Girl?) feelings.

A friend was alarmed I would endorse any kind of Conservative or Republican narrative or agenda seen as a threat to women's rights. How do you explain that if you already depend on govt for rights then you are not free?

Doesn't real freedom mean you have rights that are "inalienable" i.e., with or without govt endorsing them.

I tried to respond as below.
Should I try harder to make the point that the way to protect and claim rights is to practice and enforce them directly?

How would you explain this in plain terms?

RE: "What rights of women are you willing to sacrifice by supporting Conservatives or Republicans pushing prolife laws"

Women and all other groups of people need to learn how to practice enforce and represent our own rights. It's called ownership. And self governance. Equal empowerment. Do you know how in church history, the masses used to be illiterate people who depended on priests to read, write and have authority over the laws -- until Luther insisted that people learn the laws directly and embrace authority of law through Jesus to connect with God directly by faith. NOT by relying on priests as the middleman between people and God because Jesus already fulfills that. Well today we're going through a similar Reformation where people assume equally authority and responsibility as the state. We learn the laws and embody them directly. With spiritual laws we the people become one as the church. With natural laws, Jesus also fulfills that path as Justice to bring peace. We all make this process of peace through justice happen equally.

It depends on what you believe a right to be.

Rights are generally recognized as freedom from government interference. Inalienable is a largely notional concept

Criminals, murderers and rapists IGNORE your stupid shit gun control laws idiot.

OP how's that ^^^ in making your point in this thread.
Guns enable people to become criminals. Many mass shooters did not have a criminal record before they killed.

Go for it.

^^^See, emilynghiem? You can't explain the concept of natural rights to a government supremacist. They simply aren't capable of understanding it. Their minds are too small.

Hilarious.

You followed all the directions for a perfect right wing post, fantasy, insults, a complete lack of argument. Well done.

You acted like you want to have a debate but really all you want to do is try and make yourself look clever by, ironically, using ignorance.

I bet you don't even know what the Magna Carta even is.

Hilarious.

You followed all the directions for a perfect right wing post, fantasy, insults, a complete lack of argument. Well done.

You acted like you want to have a debate but really all you want to do is try and make yourself look clever by, ironically, using ignorance.

Bless your heart.

Hilarious.

pretend im a govt official and do as you're told. STFU.

Forum List

Back