How do the non-spiritual explain it?

Quantum Physics predicts there are as many as 11 dimensions in our universe.

One notable feature of string theory and M-theory is that these theories require extra dimensions of spacetime for their mathematical consistency. In string theory, spacetime is ten-dimensional, while in M-theory it is eleven-dimensional. In order to describe real physical phenomena using these theories, one must therefore imagine scenarios in which these extra dimensions would not be observed in experiments.

*cue Twilight Zone music.​
When you get to spiritual existing at the molecular level,,,let us know...

Hi Moonglow
for the spiritual healing therapy, this was even reported as helping remediate conditions
and show gradual signs of improvement in Downs Syndrome children over a long period of time.
So that would be genetic.
Does that count as molecular?

This would take a long time to study the effects if the changes are that gradual.
The healing reported on pedophilia type of addictions can also be long term, like 25 years.
If you believe those types of sicknesses are genetic, then healing that might include the molecular or DNA level.

But we know this is not true in physical nature.

For instance, at the speed of light, time stands still. This defies reality, but it's what happens. That's why a black hole is black, even the light particles have no timespace to exist. As objects reach the event horizon on the outer walls of a black hole, they begin to reach the speed of light and time slows down until 'poof' it stops.

At the atomic level, the famous double-slit experiment seemingly defies laws of physics.Light is a particle and a wave at the same time. It's protons can go through either slit or both slits at the same time, depending on if they are observed. There is no scientific explanation of the observer effect, it defies what should be. Subatomic particles can be connected to other subatomic particles billions of light years away and communicate instantly. Why? How can information travel billions of light years instantly?

For 2000 years, the physics laws of gravity and levity presented by Aristotle, are the "same laws still work the same way". Newton turned that on it's ear and gave us the laws of motion. Later, Einstein and Plank would challenge those laws. So our laws are ever-changing.
You should void using Answers in Genesis for your science data.

It would take an infinite amount of energy to actually propel an object to the speed of light so it's best to think in terms of an object approaching the speed of light. Nothing in the above defies reality.

As far as science can make a determination, that is the reality so how can that possibly defy reality?

The physical laws that are operating in the universe are not "ever-changing". Our understanding of those laws is what changes as knowledge and technology expands our understanding.

What supernatural laws can you define for us that will explain the natural world?
I agree with the advice about avoiding Answers in Genesis. (I don't know about voiding it. ;) ) Those explanations are so sort-of right as to be misleading.

While I think our search for an understanding is noble there seems to be nothing that man understands that they don't want to control. We tried to build the tower of Babel once before. Although he did not blow us all to bits he did scatter us far and wide. We will only listen to that which we learn 'scientifically' when there is so much more we could learn from listening to God. Job 38 21:23 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of they days is great? Has thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
When we found answers and cures it was science not god
Your argument against religion seems to be that you do not like the way some people practice it.

Of course that's my problem with believing in god(s). I don't think we will ever solve the argument "does god exist". In fact I'm sure we won't. And when muslims and christians continue killing in the name of ____ and you ask if that's my problem? Of course it is.

Human behavior is also why I firmly believe that we made god up. And unless you believe in one of the nutty religions I guess it doesn't matter if I believe because god never came here and told anyone that believing he visited is the main requirement to get into heaven. That is clearly man made bullshit. Could I be wrong? I'll take my chances based on the evidence I feel pretty safe.

From the looks of it when you learn psychology, cosmology, quantum physics, human history, geology and the history of religion that god is nothing but a fairy tale we came up with.

I don't sit around worrying about what's going to happen to me when I die. Seems pointless or wishful thinking to believe you are going to live forever after you die. I spend more time wondering how we can get the human race to live forever. This planet is doomed. We need to build spaceships so that the human race's existence doesn't die when our sun expires. I know I'll be long dead by then but I care. It would be a shame to have come all this way for nothing like the dinosaurs & trilobites who once ruled this planet.

In fact when I look at Republicans who claim to be very religious and then I see how they don't want to educate or feed the poor or heal the sick, I realize they believe in 2 gods. Their main god is the god of capitalism. Second is Jesus.

Hi sealybobo
Did human beings create our own nature?
And why our psychology is affected adversely by unforgiveness and fear-related oppression,
vs. positive effects of forgiveness on healing, and positive responses to love and inclusion?

Did we make up these rules or did they come with our human nature?

One notable feature of string theory and M-theory is that these theories require extra dimensions of spacetime for their mathematical consistency. In string theory, spacetime is ten-dimensional, while in M-theory it is eleven-dimensional. In order to describe real physical phenomena using these theories, one must therefore imagine scenarios in which these extra dimensions would not be observed in experiments.

Hi Moonglow
for the spiritual healing therapy, this was even reported as helping remediate conditions
and show gradual signs of improvement in Downs Syndrome children over a long period of time.

This would take a long time to study the effects if the changes are that gradual.
The healing reported on pedophilia type of addictions can also be long term, like 25 years.
If you believe those types of sicknesses are genetic, then healing that might include the molecular or DNA level.
I believe there are more things we do not know about than what we do know..I am always open too new possibilities...

I think when someone dismisses the literal millions upon millions of accounts comprising my rather long list, it illustrates a person who has tuned out all rationality and exists in a state of total denial. I'm not claiming there is something to everything, but that much of something has to be significant. It's at the least, reasonable to consider there might be other forces at work.
I am not spiritual but used to be. I believe in a god and a realm we don't understand, and may never. I've had a few things happen to convince me there is another aspect or dimension to life but I no longer seek explanations just to feel better about it. I have no problem saying 'I don't know'.

It would take an infinite amount of energy to actually propel an object to the speed of light so it's best to think in terms of an object approaching the speed of light. Nothing in the above defies reality.

As far as science can make a determination, that is the reality so how can that possibly defy reality?

The physical laws that are operating in the universe are not "ever-changing". Our understanding of those laws is what changes as knowledge and technology expands our understanding.

What supernatural laws can you define for us that will explain the natural world?
I agree with the advice about avoiding Answers in Genesis. (I don't know about voiding it. ;) ) Those explanations are so sort-of right as to be misleading.

While I think our search for an understanding is noble there seems to be nothing that man understands that they don't want to control. We tried to build the tower of Babel once before. Although he did not blow us all to bits he did scatter us far and wide. We will only listen to that which we learn 'scientifically' when there is so much more we could learn from listening to God. Job 38 21:23 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of they days is great? Has thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
Your argument against religion seems to be that you do not like the way some people practice it.

Of course that's my problem with believing in god(s). I don't think we will ever solve the argument "does god exist". In fact I'm sure we won't. And when muslims and christians continue killing in the name of ____ and you ask if that's my problem? Of course it is.

Human behavior is also why I firmly believe that we made god up. And unless you believe in one of the nutty religions I guess it doesn't matter if I believe because god never came here and told anyone that believing he visited is the main requirement to get into heaven. That is clearly man made bullshit. Could I be wrong? I'll take my chances based on the evidence I feel pretty safe.

From the looks of it when you learn psychology, cosmology, quantum physics, human history, geology and the history of religion that god is nothing but a fairy tale we came up with.

I don't sit around worrying about what's going to happen to me when I die. Seems pointless or wishful thinking to believe you are going to live forever after you die. I spend more time wondering how we can get the human race to live forever. This planet is doomed. We need to build spaceships so that the human race's existence doesn't die when our sun expires. I know I'll be long dead by then but I care. It would be a shame to have come all this way for nothing like the dinosaurs & trilobites who once ruled this planet.

In fact when I look at Republicans who claim to be very religious and then I see how they don't want to educate or feed the poor or heal the sick, I realize they believe in 2 gods. Their main god is the god of capitalism. Second is Jesus.

Hi sealybobo
And why our psychology is affected adversely by unforgiveness and fear-related oppression,
vs. positive effects of forgiveness on healing, and positive responses to love and inclusion?

Wolves are mean animals. They'll kill you just for being in their territory. If you ate one you would see that they taste like shit. I bet humans taste like shit too. LOL.

But it is amazing that our mental state can and does affect our physical well being.

I think when someone dismisses the literal millions upon millions of accounts comprising my rather long list, it illustrates a person who has tuned out all rationality and exists in a state of total denial. I'm not claiming there is something to everything, but that much of something has to be significant. It's at the least, reasonable to consider there might be other forces at work.
I am not spiritual but used to be. I believe in a god and a realm we don't understand, and may never. I've had a few things happen to convince me there is another aspect or dimension to life but I no longer seek explanations just to feel better about it. I have no problem saying 'I don't know'.

And do you worry at night when you masturbate about a married co worker or neighbor that you'll go to hell because you are committing adultery? I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Hi sealybobo

Wolves are mean animals. They'll kill you just for being in their territory. If you ate one you would see that they taste like shit. I bet humans taste like shit too. LOL.

But it is amazing that our mental state can and does affect our physical well being.

OK and how would you describe the difference
between the nature of the wolves and animals
and what makes human nature a different "beast".

What is it about the human conscience that makes us different?
That gives us sentience on a different level than animals?
If we didn't choose or make this up, how would you describe the
laws that govern human psychology, can you describe this in your own words?

Thanks sealybobo

Hi Moonglow

I believe there are more things we do not know about than what we do know..I am always open too new possibilities...

Me too. And it isn't my fault that I once believed and then stopped believing. And I'm completely open to being pulled back into the flock once I am convinced.

Theists say you have to want it more. This is why I know religion is made up. With science it doesn't matter how bad you want something to be true.

Hi sealybobo

Other animals have compassion and love. Even wolves do. They care about the pack but sometimes the Alpha has to kick the Omegas ass maybe even kill him. Very similar to humans. Just look at ISIS. The devil didn't make the wolf or ISIS do what they do.

And do you worry at night when you masturbate about a married co worker or neighbor that you'll go to hell because you are committing adultery? I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Yes sealybobo and that's why Christianity recognizes this and focuses on Forgiveness.
When we have forgiveness for one another, then we can work together to correct and prevent problems that we can do something about. We don't waste time and energy projecting blame and division which causes more suffering
and strife and doesn't solve the problems we are complaining about. we can either work together in harmony,
if we can forgive problems in order to study their causes and correct what we can, or we can fight and cause war/hell on earth.

Hi sealybobo

Other animals have compassion and love. Even wolves do. They care about the pack but sometimes the Alpha has to kick the Omegas ass maybe even kill him. Very similar to humans. Just look at ISIS. The devil didn't make the wolf or ISIS do what they do.

Ok let's talk about the difference in what makes animals do what they do and what makes humans do what they do.

for example, why do people use contraception but animals don't.
What is the difference in thought process there?

Hi sealybobo

What is it about the human conscience that makes us different?
That gives us sentience on a different level than animals?
If we didn't choose or make this up, how would you describe the
laws that govern human psychology, can you describe this in your own words?

Thanks sealybobo

You are smarter than a whale or dolphin but they are smarter than tigers but tigers are smarter than pigs and pigs are smarter than chickens. How do you explain that one chicken can just look at another chicken and without being able to talk that chicken can alert the others that a fox is near. Must be supernatural. Must be a god.

We are just lucky to be the smartest animal on the planet and lucky the dinosaurs went extinct. Life is life. If you want to teach right and wrong go into criminal justice or law, not religion.

Hi sealybobo

Ok let's talk about the difference in what makes animals do what they do and what makes humans do what they do.

They don't worry about having enough money to afford whatever children they create.

Or they don't have babies that take 18 years to be ready to go out on their own.

Because they don't worry about over populating the planet.

Because they aren't over populating the planet, we are.

Animals try to have as many babies as they can because if they have 10 9 will get eaten or die of starvation.

You are smarter than a whale or dolphin but they are smarter than tigers but tigers are smarter than pigs and pigs are smarter than chickens. How do you explain that one chicken can just look at another chicken and without being able to talk that chicken can alert the others that a fox is near. Must be supernatural. Must be a god.

We are just lucky to be the smartest animal on the planet and lucky the dinosaurs went extinct. Life is life. If you want to teach right and wrong go into criminal justice or law, not religion.

Ok sealybobo

1. no, it doesn't have to be supernatural/God to believe that animals and humans have a different purpose and design.
I do have a friend who believes that animals COULD evolve to be at the same level as humans.
the way my Buddhist mother explained it is humans have EGO which makes us different from animals.
And another atheist said it was the development of the human EGO that causes all man's problems,
so this is the equivalent of Christians talking of when the "original sin "got introduced or "awareness of SELF"

Do you agree that people have a skewed sense of self that is not like other animals?
that we battle with this sense of self vs. others and all religions and laws
come from trying to regulate SELF interest vs. public interest that the govt is supposed to protect

2. So for criminal justice and law, isn't this just a secular way of trying to regulate human behavior?
the secular civil laws are through the state
the spiritual scripture laws are through the church

why are you less afraid of state authority that is mandatory to enforce and follow
but more afraid of church and religious authority that is voluntary under free exercise of religion

Aren't both political abuses of state authority just as bad
as religious abuses of church authority?

Why are you afraid of one and not the other equally?

They don't worry about having enough money to afford whatever children they create.

Or they don't have babies that take 18 years to be ready to go out on their own.

Because they don't worry about over populating the planet.

Because they aren't over populating the planet, we are.

Animals try to have as many babies as they can because if they have 10 9 will get eaten or die of starvation.

OK so where does this FEAR come from that people are WORRIED about overpopulating the planet,
but animals don't worry and just let nature take care of it.

What in our conscience makes us different?
Is it just that physically we ARE able to manipulate the resources on the planet more than animals?
Is it our brains or intelligence?
Is it our purpose and drive in life that makes us "care" or "aware" on this level?
Do you believe humans have a greater responsibility than animals, why or why not?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You can't read?

Ok sealybobo

1. no, it doesn't have to be supernatural/God to believe that animals and humans have a different purpose and design.
I do have a friend who believes that animals COULD evolve to be at the same level as humans.
the way my Buddhist mother explained it is humans have EGO which makes us different from animals.
And another atheist said it was the development of the human EGO that causes all man's problems,
so this is the equivalent of Christians talking of when the "original sin "got introduced or "awareness of SELF"

Do you agree that people have a skewed sense of self that is not like other animals?
come from trying to regulate SELF interest vs. public interest that the govt is supposed to protect

2. So for criminal justice and law, isn't this just a secular way of trying to regulate human behavior?

why are you less afraid of state authority that is mandatory to enforce and follow
but more afraid of church and religious authority that is voluntary under free exercise of religion

Going to church is like taking a dog to obedience training.

But we know this is not true in physical nature.

For instance, at the speed of light, time stands still. This defies reality, but it's what happens. That's why a black hole is black, even the light particles have no timespace to exist. As objects reach the event horizon on the outer walls of a black hole, they begin to reach the speed of light and time slows down until 'poof' it stops.

At the atomic level, the famous double-slit experiment seemingly defies laws of physics.Light is a particle and a wave at the same time. It's protons can go through either slit or both slits at the same time, depending on if they are observed. There is no scientific explanation of the observer effect, it defies what should be. Subatomic particles can be connected to other subatomic particles billions of light years away and communicate instantly. Why? How can information travel billions of light years instantly?

For 2000 years, the physics laws of gravity and levity presented by Aristotle, are the "same laws still work the same way". Newton turned that on it's ear and gave us the laws of motion. Later, Einstein and Plank would challenge those laws. So our laws are ever-changing.

I guess I was lucky to be raised atheist. Religion was not a joke, it was the abomination of the world. God, angel of God I am sure, revealed his presence when I was about 12. From day on I knew there was something outside of scientific explanation. He would show up every few years, at least where it left no doubt that something just happened. One method I used to try and figure out what was going on is by using D&D logic; OK, magic user, levitation, invisibility, teleportation maybe. Works out to between a level 7 and level 12 magic user depending on exactly what just happened. Mind reading would have been required on a couple occasions. What I knew of God and what I knew of religion sure did not mess though. Like I have mentioned things just changed last spring. It was no longer, "Well, that was interesting." It was, "Oh shit! That made sense." I'm not saying it always made perfect sense. I do not know what is going on. I sure do not know why religion does not seem to understand God. One theory I have is that sometimes in the Bible God will be nice to someone whose ancestor did right by the LORD. I really do not know but I am here to tell you: God is real.

Ok sealybobo

Going to church is like taking a dog to obedience training.

And have you ever tried arguing with a lawyer about how
imposing restrictive "civil codes and deadlines" on the right to petition violates Constitutional due process?

Law schools are little more than sending dog to obedience school to do what they're trained to do.

There are as many websites/organizations on legal abuses and judicial abuses
as there are on religious abuses and cult abuses.

Which authority is mandatory, where you can go to fail and lose freedom
if you disobey laws and rulings? Which authority -- church or state -- has
the power to sentence and put someone to death even if they may be innocent
or mentally ill?

And why aren't you more afraid of abuse of mandatory authority
than the abuse of religious authority that is voluntary to follow?

Peek here for correct answer:
[You have more faith in the secular system to follow laws of justice, despite abuses
you trust can be corrected, than you have faith in Christianity because you have forgiven one
for its abuses but haven't forgiven the other so your judgment is biased towards one and against the other.
Both systems have equal flaws and abuses to answer for, but you trust one more than the other.]

What the fuck is wrong with you? You can't read?

Maybe he's gone blind. From thinking about married coworkers too much late at night....

Forum List

Back