How did the Democrats Manage to Steal $6.5 Trillion?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is just incompetence of mythic proportions. What the FLYING FUCK happened to all that money?

Donated to the Clinton Foundation?

http://theglobalelite.org/pentagon-cannot-account-6-5-trillion-dollars/

Adding to the appearance of impropriety is the fact that thousands of documents that should be on file have been removed and disappeared without any reasonable explanation.

A new Department of Defense Inspector General’s report, released last week, has left Americans stunned at the jaw-dropping lack of accountability and oversight. The glaring report revealed the Pentagon couldn’t account for $6.5 trillion dollars worth of Army general fund transactions and data, according to a report by the Fiscal Times.

The Pentagon, which has been notoriously lax in its accounting practices, has never completed an audit, would reveal how the agency has specifically spent the trillions of dollars allocated for wars, equipment, personnel, housing, healthcare and procurement’s allotted to them by Congress.

Beginning in 1996 all federal agencies were mandated by law to conduct regular financial audits. However, the Pentagon has NEVER complied with that federal law. In 20 years, it has never accounted for the trillions of dollars in taxpayer funds it has spent, in part because “fudging” the numbers has become standard operating procedure at the Department of Defense, as revealed in a 2013 Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow.

According to the report by the Fiscal Times:

An increasingly impatient Congress has demanded that the Army achieve “audit readiness” for the first time by Sept. 30, 2017, so that lawmakers can get a better handle on military spending. But Pentagon watchdogs think that may be mission impossible, and for good reason…

The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), the behemoth Indianapolis-based agency that provides finance and accounting services for the Pentagon’s civilian and military members, could not provide adequate documentation for $6.5 trillion worth of year-end adjustments to Army general fund transactions and data.

This is just incompetence of mythic proportions. What the FLYING FUCK happened to all that money?

Adding to the appearance of impropriety is the fact that thousands of documents that should be on file have been removed and disappeared without any reasonable explanation.

A new Department of Defense Inspector General’s report, released last week, has left Americans stunned at the jaw-dropping lack of accountability and oversight. The glaring report revealed the Pentagon couldn’t account for $6.5 trillion dollars worth of Army general fund transactions and data, according to a report by the Fiscal Times.

The Pentagon, which has been notoriously lax in its accounting practices, has never completed an audit, would reveal how the agency has specifically spent the trillions of dollars allocated for wars, equipment, personnel, housing, healthcare and procurement’s allotted to them by Congress.

Beginning in 1996 all federal agencies were mandated by law to conduct regular financial audits. However, the Pentagon has NEVER complied with that federal law. In 20 years, it has never accounted for the trillions of dollars in taxpayer funds it has spent, in part because “fudging” the numbers has become standard operating procedure at the Department of Defense, as revealed in a 2013 Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow.

An increasingly impatient Congress has demanded that the Army achieve “audit readiness” for the first time by Sept. 30, 2017, so that lawmakers can get a better handle on military spending. But Pentagon watchdogs think that may be mission impossible, and for good reason…

The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), the behemoth Indianapolis-based agency that provides finance and accounting services for the Pentagon’s civilian and military members, could not provide adequate documentation for $6.5 trillion worth of year-end adjustments to Army general fund transactions and data.

Uhhmmmm.........

---- where does the story say anything at all about "Democrats"? Or "Republicans"?

Did you bother to read your own link? No?

Uhhmmmm.........

---- where does the story say anything at all about "Democrats"? Or "Republicans"?

Yep, I sure did, ass hole, and it says:

Pentagon’s Sloppy Bookkeeping Means $6.5 Trillion Can’t Pass an Audit

“Army and Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis personnel did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter adjustments and $6.5 trillion in year-end adjustments made to Army General Fund data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation,” wrote Lorin T. Venable, the assistant inspector general for financial management and reporting. “We conducted this audit in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards.”

A further mystery is what happened to thousands of documents that should be on file but aren’t. The IG study found that DFAS “did not document or support why the Defense Departmental Reporting System . . . removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during Q3 FY 2015. As a result, the data used to prepare the FY 2015 AGF third quarter and year-end financial statements were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail,” the IG’s report stated."

When are you stupid bastards going to start accepting responsibility for Obama's incompetence and crime?

Answer: NEVER!

Because that is how the political patronage system works in the Democratic Paty and it is coming to an end, bitch.

The Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Let me get this straight...... You are claiming the missing 6.5 TRILLION dollars was given by the U S Military to the Clinton Foundation?

We need a businessman President who will actually go through the budget with a fine-toothed comb

When will you libtards stop blaming Bush for everything wrong witht he Obama administration?

That Bush was letting shit go unpunished and uncontrolled doe snot mean that Obama is justified in letting them go in his administration.

It only means that BOTH are CROOKS.

Any idea where we can find one?

Well you Dems wont find him here.

NextDemCandidate_zpsw60vztpq.jpg

Where were you 20 years ago? Did you hear the protests 15 years ago about paying HAL/KBR/Blackwater billions for military backup services at a rate several times higher than the military paid? Those of us who complained about this over a decade ago and were scorned for it by the Republican legislature/executive branch/SCOTUS, find your sudden indignation sadly funny. I specifically remember the long forgotten newsclip about the Pentagon clerk who rejected a HAL or Carlisle invoice for over a billion due to discrepancies, and HE got fired...and the bill got paid...in full. Your outrage is valid, but your timing makes it a simple political ploy you didn't care about until you could use it against it's inheritor, while letting Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz off the hook. AND you think Trump would 'fix' it?

When will you libtards stop blaming Bush for everything wrong witht he Obama administration?

That Bush was letting shit go unpunished and uncontrolled doe snot mean that Obama is justified in letting them go in his administration.

It only means that BOTH are CROOKS.

Absolutely! So why so late in your outrage? THAT'S the key...not a defense of a corrupt practice. Of ALL agencies, the pentagon should be most accountable..but instead we focus on defunding Planned Parenthood. It is the diversion of priorities that is galling, a being skillfully led away from the REAL issues, not a complaint about misuse of federal money. Please understand that. I want this corrected no less than you, but you come on like a SWAT Team, kicking in the door with a righteous complaint over an issue you have ignored for decades.

Where were you 20 years ago? Did you hear the protests 15 years ago about paying HAL/KBR/Blackwater billions for military backup services at a rate several times higher than the military paid? Those of us who complained about this over a decade ago and were scorned for it by the Republican legislature/executive branch/SCOTUS, find your sudden indignation sadly funny. I specifically remember the long forgotten newsclip about the Pentagon clerk who rejected a HAL or Carlisle invoice for over a billion due to discrepancies, and HE got fired...and the bill got paid...in full. Your outrage is valid, but your timing makes it a simple political ploy you didn't care about until you could use it against it's inheritor, while letting Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz off the hook. AND you think Trump would 'fix' it?
Yes, the neocons are crooked too. You wont get an argument from me about any of that.

But your blaming Bush again is racist.

Why do you think that Obama is incapable of running an honest and efficient government just because he is black?

Absolutely! So why so late in your outrage? .
Why do you presume I am late?

I hate HW Bush as much as I hate his son as much as I hate Obama. I dont hate Bill Clinton because he helped to lift the economy up so well, despite him being a philandering serial perjurer.

As to Trump, the enemy of my enemy is my ally, and I like him personally.

Soon all of us from 9-11 and before will be deceased, and then you can rewrite history the way that benefits you.

No one will remember that building no. 7 came down like a planned demolition.

Yes, the neocons are crooked too. You wont get an argument from me about any of that.

But your blaming Bush again is racist.

Why do you think that Obama is incapable of running an honest and efficient government just because he is black?
Wow! Racist? I could understand an accusation of party bias, but I'm lost as to how you came up with 'racist' from my post. Care to explain? And for clarification, blaming Bush was not my intent. Overlooking the problem until now is my theme. It is no less a problem because there is a different President, and I admitted your complaint is valid.

Absolutely! So why so late in your outrage? .
Why do you presume I am late?

I hate HW Bush as much as I hate his son as much as I hate Obama. I dont hate Bill Clinton because he helped to lift the economy up so well, despite him being a philandering serial perjurer.

As to Trump, the enemy of my enemy is my ally, and I like him personally.
Liking Trump personally is the first sensible thing you've said. That's your privilege and should be respected as much as my dislike and distrust of him. Oddly, I don't hate either of the Bushs. Matter of fact, I voted to re-elect GHW...almost solely on the fact he put country ahead of personal gain by eating his 'read my lips' words. As for GW, I did dislike him as president, but it was never personal, and now he is out of office, I see him as kinda charming. You're right about Bill though. Times were good and the future looked good, even if that was a pipe dream.

Uhhmmmm.........

“Army and Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis personnel did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter adjustments and $6.5 trillion in year-end adjustments made to Army General Fund data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation,” wrote Lorin T. Venable, the assistant inspector general for financial management and reporting. “We conducted this audit in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards.”

A further mystery is what happened to thousands of documents that should be on file but aren’t. The IG study found that DFAS “did not document or support why the Defense Departmental Reporting System . . . removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during Q3 FY 2015. As a result, the data used to prepare the FY 2015 AGF third quarter and year-end financial statements were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail,” the IG’s report stated."

When are you stupid bastards going to start accepting responsibility for Obama's incompetence and crime?

Because that is how the political patronage system works in the Democratic Paty and it is coming to an end, bitch.

AGAIN ---- where does it say anything about "Democrats" or "Republicans" or any other political party?
Do you not understand the question? Or are you just illiterate?

We need a businessman President who will actually go through the budget with a fine-toothed comb

Uh --- no. This particular bidnissman has made a career, taught to him by his dad, of milking money out of other people's money for his own gain. Starting with the government itself. Sorry, but as much as the Orange Crash thinks it is, this country was not put here to be his personal permanent welfare check.

Uhhmmmm.........

AGAIN ---- where does it say anything about "Democrats" or "Republicans" or any other political party?
Do you not understand the question? Or are you just illiterate?
Bowie, as usual, fucks the chicken of lunacy with bad sources.

It had to do with file mismanagement. Thankfully we have the OIG to point out these things and correct them. This was reassuring:

The April 3 news article “State Department’s IG issues rare alert” reported on the management alert issued recently by my office. In the alert, we identified State Department contracts with a total value of more than $6 billion in which contract files were incomplete or could not be located.

The Post stated, “The State Department’s inspector general has warned the department that $6 billion in contracting money over the past six years cannot be properly accounted for . . . . ”

Some have concluded based on this that $6 billion is missing. The alert, however, did not draw that conclusion. Instead, it found that the failure to adequately maintain contract files — documents necessary to ensure the full accounting of U.S. tax dollars — “creates significant financial risk and demonstrates a lack of internal control over the Department’s contract actions.”
Steve Linick, Washington
The writer is inspector general for the U.S. Department of State and Broadcasting Board of Governors.

About the State Dept.’s ‘missing’ $6 billion

Forum List

Back