How Can America Create Jobs ?

1. Get rid of tax breaks for companies that invest overseas.
2. Get rid of tax loop holes for oil company exploration.
3. Give block grants to states to hire employees.
4. Get rid of the provision that the post office needs to have so much liquidity into retirement accounts.
5. Impose a maximum cap on top earners. Any more than 5 million a year will have a 95% tax on that income.
6. Impose a 70% rule for American Companies. If a Company falls below 70% American employment it is considered foreign.
7. Form "government employee" pools for government jobs. For example, create a pool of web engineers that work on government websites.
8. Provide tax incentives to form new companies. For example, a new company that employes X number of people would be "forgiven" from paying taxes for several years.
9. Provide a "nationwide" search for those who have been unemployed for longer than a year. Provide tax incentives to relocate.
10. Use savings from closing tax loopholes to retrain people who have been unemployed long term.

I called "American exceptionalism" nonsense.

The idea of having a President understand "entrepreneurial capitalism" is such a vague and meaningless point I hardly felt it was worth commenting on.

American exceptionalism is the theory that the United States is "qualitatively different" from other states.[2]

In this view, U.S. exceptionalism stems from its emergence from a revolution, becoming what
political scientist Seymour Martin Lipset called "the first new nation"[2] and developing a uniquely American ideology, "Americanism", based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism, populism and laissez-
faire.
[3]

This ideology itself is often referred to as "American exceptionalism."[3]

Although the term does not necessarily imply superiority, many neoconservative and American conservative writers have promoted its use in that sense.[3][4] To them, the United States is like the biblical shining "City upon a Hill", and exempt from historical forces that have affected other countries.[5]

American exceptionalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
That's the question >> How Can America Create Jobs ?

If anyone thinks they have an answer (or answers) for it, let's hear it.

Let people keep more of their own money.

So they can buy more shit made in China.

It's none of your business what they buy now is it?

Besides people here have to receive ship sell any imports so that means employment for dock workers, truck drivers, air freight retail stores and the myriad of other ancillary businesses that support them.

Tax cut AND a spending cut.

Then stand back and watch America get back to working.

Tax cuts WITHOUT spending cuts is what W did.

That doesn't work.

Tax cuts WITH spending cuts does work.

How will this create jobs ?

Tax cuts = Increased Business Investment = More Jobs = More Consumer Spending = Greater Tax Revenue

I don't buy any of that. That is the poppycock that Ronald Reagan tried to sell to the American people with all kinds of glorifying names (supply side economics, trickle-down economics, etc), when all his low 28% tax was was just a present to himself and all his very highly paid movies stars. His movie star tax did nothing for the economy, and the 28-31% low tax of the Reagan Bush years tumbled us down into the nasty recession that got George H. Bush booted out of office. We had some of the lowest job growths and GDP growths on record.

In contrast, when Clinton took over and raise taxes quite a bit, the economy soared and we had great job and GDP growth.

Last edited:
1. The wages in China ARE important when you are talking about have China be a "market". China has far more people that the USA does, but Chinese sellers look to the US market to sell to because the large Chinese population doesn't have the money to buy their stuff. They don't go through the trouble of shipping because they like boats.

2. You still haven't answered my question of what makes you think China will have a massive consumer economy ? Why would the less than $2/hour (in US dollars) that Chinese workers make now be any higher 50 years from now ?

1)Like I already said average isn't that important. Mainly due to the number of people in China, the potential for the growth of a middle class, and exchange rates. The bottom line is the growth in demand for US goods. Airplanes for example.

2) Their wages are growing fast in China and their potential to change with regards to USD is even greater than their capacity to change from a strict purchasing power standpoint. In part due to their monetary manipulation. In USD their wages could grow by 5% a year based on changes in exchange rates alone. Exchange rates that will be hard to maintain without US increasing trade to China.

I called "American exceptionalism" nonsense.

The idea of having a President understand "entrepreneurial capitalism" is such a vague and meaningless point I hardly felt it was worth commenting on.

American exceptionalism is the theory that the United States is "qualitatively different" from other states.[2]

In this view, U.S. exceptionalism stems from its emergence from a revolution, becoming what
political scientist Seymour Martin Lipset called "the first new nation"[2] and developing a uniquely American ideology, "Americanism", based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism, populism and laissez-
faire.
[3]

This ideology itself is often referred to as "American exceptionalism."[3]

Although the term does not necessarily imply superiority, many neoconservative and American conservative writers have promoted its use in that sense.[3][4] To them, the United States is like the biblical shining "City upon a Hill", and exempt from historical forces that have affected other countries.[5]

American exceptionalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for proving my point.

1. The wages in China ARE important when you are talking about have China be a "market". China has far more people that the USA does, but Chinese sellers look to the US market to sell to because the large Chinese population doesn't have the money to buy their stuff. They don't go through the trouble of shipping because they like boats.

2. You still haven't answered my question of what makes you think China will have a massive consumer economy ? Why would the less than $2/hour (in US dollars) that Chinese workers make now be any higher 50 years from now ?

1)Like I already said average isn't that important. Mainly due to the number of people in China, the potential for the growth of a middle class, and exchange rates. The bottom line is the growth in demand for US goods. Airplanes for example.

2) Their wages are growing fast in China and their potential to change with regards to USD is even greater than their capacity to change from a strict purchasing power standpoint. In part due to their monetary manipulation. In USD their wages could grow by 5% a year based on changes in exchange rates alone. Exchange rates that will be hard to maintain without US increasing trade to China.

1. I said nothing about "average".

2. Source with links please. I've seen no evidence that China's wages are going to rise in the future.

Last edited:
4. Get rid of the provision that the post office needs to have so much liquidity into retirement accounts.
5. Impose a maximum cap on top earners. Any more than 5 million a year will have a 95% tax on that income.
6. Impose a 70% rule for American Companies. If a Company falls below 70% American employment it is considered foreign.
7. Form "government employee" pools for government jobs. For example, create a pool of web engineers that work on government websites.
8. Provide tax incentives to form new companies. For example, a new company that employes X number of people would be "forgiven" from paying taxes for several years.
9. Provide a "nationwide" search for those who have been unemployed for longer than a year. Provide tax incentives to relocate.
10. Use savings from closing tax loopholes to retrain people who have been unemployed long term.

Not bad. Not bad at all. I'd put many of these near the top of suggestions, right up there with getting rid of as many illegal aliens as possible, and discontinuing the issuance of visas.

In contrast to the posts about cutting taxes to stimulate business growth (which generally doesn't happen), I would RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH (as the overwhelming majority of Americans support), and use the added $$$$$ to hire govt workers, of the type that will "create" more jobs FOR AMERICANS.

What type ? Anything that gets illegal aliens out of the country, and prevents more immigrants (legal or illegal) from coming in. So that would be more ICE agents, more CBP officers, more immigration court & jail personnel, and build the Mexican border double fence, mandated in the 2006 Secure Fence Act.

I'd also put a stop to the insane issuance of visas, starting with work visas.

We could "create" over 8 million jobs FOR AMERICANS, just by deporting the illegal invaders currently soaking up those jobs. By stopping the visas, we could open up millions more, and probably reduce our unemployment to near zero.

Last edited:

Tax cuts = Increased Business Investment = More Jobs = More Consumer Spending = Greater Tax Revenue

I don't buy any of that. That is the poppycock that Ronald Reagan tried to sell to the American people with all kinds of glorifying names (supply side economics, trickle-down economics, etc), when all his low 28% tax was was just a present to himself and all his very highly paid movies stars. His movie star tax did nothing for the economy, and the 28-31% low tax of the Reagan Bush years tumbled us down into the nasty recession that got George H. Bush booted out of office. We had some of the loewst job growths and GDP growths on record.

In contrast, when Clinton took over and raise taxes quite a bit, the economy soared and we had great job and GDP growth.

Of course you don't buy any of that.

Your taxes are so high it's a wonder you can even pay attention!

Imagine yourself a money grubbing business owner. A captain of industry. A rich capitalist fat cat.

If you want to earn more money (and isn't that what fat cat industrialists and capitalists all want???) how would you go about doing that?

Spending more money on big cigars and houses and trophy girlfriends?

Nah. That's how we common folk think.

Would you just put your money in off-shore accounts?

Nah. That doesn't make you MORE money. It just helps you avoid taxes.

Really, the only way to earn more money is to invest in business. Your business or someone else's business.

Business investment is the key to economic success.

It's what made America as great as we have been.

It's the linchpin of your very own existence.

It's what persuaded China to veer from strict Communism and why China is a a growing economic giant.

Nothing separates the major nations from the third world nations like business and economic vitality.

And nothing in business and industry is made by Welfare recipients.

On the contrary, everything we manufacture and produce comes as a result of people working for a wage.

The more money left in the hands of the American people the more those people will invest in business and the more people will buy things they want and need.

And as long as the government keeps IT'S spending in check more revenue will go to the government and more jobs will be created.

Generally speaking.

Last edited:
1. I said nothing about "average".

2. Source with links please. I've seen no evidence that China's wages are going to rise in the future.

Please reread your first post in response to what I said. Or even the last one you reference average wages.

Manufacturing in China

Growth rates below 10% are the exception.

You can also look at trade growth between the US and China.

The only real counter I could see to my point is that Europe is more important or the Americas are more important. Both in the short term and the long term China is the single biggest opportunity for changes in US production.

In contrast to the posts about cutting taxes to stimulate business growth (which generally doesn't happen), I would RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH (as the overwhelming majority of Americans support), and use the added $$$$$ to hire govt workers, of the type that will "create" more jobs FOR AMERICANS.

What type ? Anything that gets illegal aliens out of the country, and prevents more immigrants (legal or illegal) from coming in. So that would be more ICE agents, more CBP officers, more immigration court & jail personnel, and build the Mexican border double fence, mandated in the 2006 Secure Fence Act.

I'd also put a stop to the insane issuance of visas, starting with work visas.

We could "create" over 8 million jobs FOR AMERICANS, just by deporting the illegal invaders currently soaking up those jobs. By stopping the visas, we could open up millions more, and probably reduce our unemployment to near zero.

I would RAISE TAXES ON THE RICH

:eek:

Let's deal with this fact first.

Progressives say, if you’re so worried about the deficit, raise taxes!

There are lots of rich people around, squandering money. On my show, David Callahan of the group Demos put it this way:

“Wealthy Americans who have done so well in the past decade should help get us out.”

But it’s a fantasy to imagine that raising taxes on the rich will solve our deficit problem. If the IRS grabbed 100 percent of income over $1 million, the take would be just $616 billion. That’s only a third of this year’s deficit. Our national debt would continue to explode.

It’s the spending, stupid.

John Stossel: Tax The Rich? The Rich Don't Have Enough. Really. - Forbes

Are you clear on this concept?

If so, is there any reason to belabor the point? Or should I continue?

Last edited:

I don't buy any of that. That is the poppycock that Ronald Reagan tried to sell to the American people with all kinds of glorifying names (supply side economics, trickle-down economics, etc), when all his low 28% tax was was just a present to himself and all his very highly paid movies stars. His movie star tax did nothing for the economy, and the 28-31% low tax of the Reagan Bush years tumbled us down into the nasty recession that got George H. Bush booted out of office. We had some of the loewst job growths and GDP growths on record.

Imagine yourself a money grubbing business owner. A captain of industry. A rich capitalist fat cat.

If you want to earn more money (and isn't that what fat cat industrialists and capitalists all want???) how would you go about doing that?

Really, the only way to earn more money is to invest in business. Your business or someone else's business.

It's what persuaded China to veer from strict Communism and why China is a a growing economic giant.

Nothing separates the major nations from the third world nations like business and economic vitality.

On the contrary, everything we manufacture and produce comes as a result of people working for a wage.

The more money left in the hands of the American people the more those people will invest in business and the more people will buy things they want and need.

And as long as the government keeps IT'S spending in check more revenue will go to the government and more jobs will be created.

Generally speaking.

I'd honestly say that this Post # 33 is trumped by my Post # 32, which got posted a few seconds before yours. I think getting the aliens out, and stopping the visa fiasco, INSTANTLY opens up more jobs than any investment schemes, or anything else. And it's all trumped already by my other post which started with the words "I don't buy any of that." And I still don't.

Lastly, you call taxes of 39.6% "high" ?. I call that low. In the 50s, taxes were 91-92%. That might be called high (but not necessarily TOO high)

Last edited:

1.The US tax code does need to change with regards to corporations but we are much better off shifting to a VAT that favors US labor than trying to manipulate capital flows with the tax code.

2. Not sure what you think this would do.

3. Employment for the sake of employment is ridiculous.

4. You would think that they could leverage the US government for liquidity.

5. Ridiculous

6. I think a well structured VAT would get the job done. Corp taxes are not going to be the answer.

7. Agreed. The US government has a ton of IT projects that it needs to do over the next couple decades and they usually rely on outsourcing the work which rarely works out.

8, 9, and 10 are mediocre ideas that will not have the impact you would hope.

Generally speaking.

I'd honestly say that this Post # 33 is trumped by my Post # 32, which got posted a few seconds before yours. I think getting the aliens out, and stopping the visa fiasco, INSTANTLY opens up more jobs than any investment schemes, or anything else. And it's all trumped already by my other post which started with the words "I don't buy any of that." And I still don't.

Lastly, you call taxes of 39.6% "high" ?. I call that low. In the 50s, taxes were 91-92%. That might be called high (but not necessarily TOO high)

I just lost all interest in continuing this discussion.

The facts are there. The links are there. Do with them as you choose.

G'day.

:50:

Generally speaking.

The most important part of any investment is to have customers. In other words there has to be demand.

From a macro economic perspective the US economy is in trouble because of demand issues and is in a good place with regards to access to capital. No matter how good you make the capital side the lack of demand is what will slow things down. I agree you can't make a bet without money but smart gamblers will sit on money before making a bad bet.

Forum List

Back