In the British test I scored -

Votes: 2 50.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
For the Brits here, how much of a true Brit are you, and the criteria -

1 - You are against illegal immigration and want a more robust immigration system.

2 - You support the Monarchy.

3 - You voted to leave, Brexit.

4 - You are anti-Labour.

5 - Integrate with the British culture or you are kicked out.

In Boston this summer I bought a shirt that says, "Too Cool for British Rule"--so I guess, that British.

I scored 0 but that is not an option.. Only the English want to be british. Its a soiled product.
Hmm.. isn't it rather that the English want to be English - and all others to adhere to their views, by being termed British?
Just like those damn Prussian/Germans - who simply look ridiculous in Bavarian Lederhosen.

Or as what does a Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland person see himself? as a citizen and part of a Greater England ahh... Britain, or as an independent Welsh of an independent Wales?

Last edited:
Hmm.. isn't it rather that the English want to be English - and all others to adhere to their views, by being termed British?
Sounds reasonable . You do not promote learners until they have passed the exams .The trouble we have with the extra tribes is that they are slow learners .Like unruly teenagers .

Sounds reasonable . You do not promote learners until they have passed the exams .The trouble we have with the extra tribes is that they are slow learners .Like unruly teenagers .
Englaenders and Prussians, the two off you can shake hands :D

Just like those damn Prussian/Germans - who simply look ridiculous in Bavarian Lederhosen.

Or as what does a Scottish, Welsh or Northern Ireland person see himself? as a citizen and part of a Greater England ahh... Britain, or as an independent Welsh of an independent Wales?
Only the enhlish peope call thmselves brtish. there is a joke that Welsh people are british while they are winning but Welsh when they lose.
That is the gneral attitude. Probably the same for Scotland as well.

English people are fine, their heirarchy,media and subservience not so much.

Have never been to the UK, so can't say for sure, but one thing that caught my eyes after seeing YouTube and the likes is 'mutual assistance'. Any road accident or some brawl or some fuss - there is always someone speeding for help.

Don't know this is really a 'British' thing or just my false impression.

Only the enhlish peope call thmselves brtish. there is a joke that Welsh people are british while they are winning but Welsh when they lose.
That is the gneral attitude. Probably the same for Scotland as well.

English people are fine, their heirarchy,media and subservience not so much.
My best friend from the Isles - is actually of Scottish heritage (Anderson Clan) but since his fathers day's (1930's onward) they have been living in England - Bristol.
He always refers to himself of being a British citizen - of Scottish heritage - he is a great bagpipe player as well.

That's me some 45 years ago in his kilt. - we both grew up in Singapore

scan0016.jpg

For the Brits here, how much of a true Brit are you, and the criteria -

1 - You are against illegal immigration and want a more robust immigration system.

2 - You support the Monarchy.

3 - You voted to leave, Brexit.

4 - You are anti-Labour.

5 - Integrate with the British culture or you are kicked out.
Very loaded questions that can't be answered with a yes of no.

English nationalism is different than being British, i am English by birth, having said that my great Grandfather on my Mothers side was from Bray in the Republic of Ireland, i once had a converstaion many years ago if you can call it that with a Skinhead youth, he had a slogan tattood on his forehead, made in England, and a T-shirt with the slogan proud to be English, i said are you sure you are English? at which he almost blew a gasket, i told him better check your background you will probably find out you are a mixture of other Nations, i myself have connections going back with Ireland Scotland and France and Scandinavia.

Those who came in search for fish and chips around 800 B.C. onward, also termed Belgae-Celtic tribes, - but not those unknown buggers, who had build these megalith structures dating to 3000-5000 B.C.
How many peoples from around 5000 BC do we know by the name they called themselves?

How many peoples from around 5000 BC do we know by the name they called themselves?
None IMO

However Celtic people are only first mentioned by the Greek and later Roman culture. The Celtic culture has unique attributes and characteristics that help to define archeological findings as being Celtic. And these findings presently only date back to around 1000 B.C. or in other words the Celtic culture and it's people only start to appear in Europe at around 1000 B.C. onward.

Ötzi, also called Iceman, whose well preserved body was found in the Alpine region of Austria/Italy, is dated to around 3300 B.C.
None of the artifacts or clothing's, etc. can be categorized as being Celtic. He simply belongs to an unknown group of neolithic people roaming and living in the area 5000 years ago.

It could therefore well be that those responsible for building megalith structures in e.g. Britain - belonged to the same neolithic group.
Or received help and knowledge from outside - since no similar structures can be found (so far) in other parts of Western Europe. Aside from the Mykene culture, on Crete, Cyprus and in Today's Greece.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back