How Bad Could 2010 Really Get For Democrats?

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

Looking good in November!
HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

You have to have rocks in your head to think the economy is in good shape.

And it is looking good in november...for anyone running against a Democrat.

The economy will be the keystone issue in November. You guys better keep hoping the economy will fail.....its not looking too good for the GOP

Keep telling yourself that, do you live under a rock?

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

The economy will be the keystone issue in November. You guys better keep hoping the economy will fail.....its not looking too good for the GOP

It most certainly will fail. Better move your money out of stocks soon before it's too late. It's going to come crashing down in a big way in 2010.

I'd say it depends on how successfully the tools spread the rightwingloon lies.

Dont have to lie. People saw the corruption involved in healthcare. They know how well the economy is doing by looking into their wallet.

But if you think it's all lies. then nothing I can say will persuade you.

As other have said, it will depend on the Economy and if all the pork/goodies from the HCR bill kick in.

The Democrats will almost certainly lose seats in both the House and Senate. The numbers they have now are the result of an alignment of stars that won't ever happen again.

But the question of "how many" is tricky. It could be really really bad if the economy is down. It could be a very minimal loss (as in they keep control of the House and Senate) if the economy picks up and avoids the double dip. It could be a wash (keep one of the two legislative bodies) if the Economy doesn't worsen but the HCR bill takes off. There were a lot of goodies in that bill the GOP could have stopped but didn't.

If I were making predictions, I'd bet they lose the House, but not the Senate, though the margin is paper thin. I'd put money down now that Obama wins in 2012 though. A GOP win in 2010 is the best thing that can happen for his re-election chances as it will reinvigorate his base and demoralize the Tea Party when the GOP lawmakers fail to make even a serious attempt at enacting their goals.

Now you come off as delusional.

He's been delusional on here since his arrival

Delusions?

- Stock Market is above 11,000 after a 70% increase
- GDP is UP three consecutive quarters and showing solid increases
- Housing market has stabilized and is showing a rebound in some parts of the country
- Interest rates and inflation remain low
- Index of Economic indicators (a composite of major benchmarks) is UP for ten consecutive months
- Jobs have moved from losing 650,000 a month to gaining 162,000 jobs last month

Unless these trends reverse.....Republican gloom and doom predictions and the fact they voted against all economic initiatives will be used against them

Kind of like the Republican doom and gloom in New Jersey and Virgina!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

It most certainly will fail. Better move your money out of stocks soon before it's too late. It's going to come crashing down in a big way in 2010.

Exactly what I want to here from the conservatives...
Come November, you will be expected to compare the economy when the GOP was running things to the economy after Obama took over in 2009.

You are going to need actual data.... explaining that "a crash is just around the corner" is not going to cut it with the voters

Now you come off as delusional.

He's been delusional on here since his arrival

Delusions?

- Stock Market is above 11,000 after a 70% increase
- GDP is UP three consecutive quarters and showing solid increases
- Housing market has stabilized and is showing a rebound in some parts of the country
- Interest rates and inflation remain low
- Index of Economic indicators (a composite of major benchmarks) is UP for ten consecutive months
- Jobs have moved from losing 650,000 a month to gaining 162,000 jobs last month

Unless these trends reverse.....Republican gloom and doom predictions and the fact they voted against all economic initiatives will be used against them

Unemployment rate up 30% since the Obama Regime commandeered the white house.

The Associated Press: Jobless claims rise for second straight week

Jobless claims rise for second straight week
By JEANNINE AVERSA (AP) – 22 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The number of newly laid off people signing up for unemployment benefits rose sharply for the second straight week, suggesting that jobs are still hard to come by even as the economic recovery gains traction.

The Labor Department reported Thursday that first-time requests for jobless benefits rose by 24,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 484,000, the highest level since late February. Economists had predicted claims would fall.

It marked the second week that claims took an unexpected leap. In the prior week, claims rose by 18,000 to 460,000.

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm with you on this AmwayMike

I too :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: when your attempts to sidetrack a National Healthcare Program failed

I also :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When the economy reversed itself in direct contradiction to the Conservative predictions that "The economy WILL FAIL"

Stay off the :booze:

Thanks for the laugh sewer worker winger.

That's funny! Economy rock solid. It must be some pretty pathetic rocks.

Come November, you will be expected to compare the economy when the GOP was running things to the economy after Obama took over in 2009.

You are going to need actual data.... explaining that "a crash is just around the corner" is not going to cut it with the voters

Oh please. You know our economy is based on a house of cards. How could you not know that? And it won't just be about the economy. The healthcare debacle has more than 50% of voting Americans upset and they won't forget come November. And the wildcard is our ridiculous foreign policy which contributed to 9/11. That can happen again, especially with our current resident idiots on foreign policy: Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

While it would not break my heart to see this, it is still a long way to November.

And the important thing to note about the Tea Party is that it is angrier at republicans than Democrats. Tea Party support might do more damage to Republicans if they run third candidates like they did in New York.

That said, Health Care passage just means that people are seeing that Republican were telling the truth about Demo bait and switch. Taxes today, benefits some distant tomorrow. And voters are not happy that so much of what Congress is doing is being done in the teeth of tremendous voter opposition. One of the reasons the Demos won all those seat is because the Dems promised to listen and do better. They have put on their ear muffs and done worse.

So it matters what happens with the economy in the next 6 months, what happens with employment, and will the Democrats actually listen to anybody but their own echo chambers? Based on current behavior, I doubt it. The voters don't like it now any more than they liked it two or four years ago. 100 seats might be kind of extreme, but given the way moods might swing, it might be doable.

But for right now, there does not seem to be much of a swing happening in the elections that have been going on. The last special election only showed a 3% swing against the Democrat. That won't even get the republicans 20 seats.

Oh please. You know our economy is based on a house of cards. How could you not know that? And it won't just be about the economy. The healthcare debacle has more than 50% of voting Americans upset and they won't forget come November. And the wildcard is our ridiculous foreign policy which contributed to 9/11. That can happen again, especially with our current resident idiots on foreign policy: Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Explain your gloom and doom in November...... Your "Pay no attention to the Recovered Economy" rant is not going to carry much weight

Explain your gloom and doom in November...... Your "Pay no attention to the Recovered Economy" rant is not going to carry much weight

I don't believe you can be persuaded to look at the facts. Massive government debt, paying off the stimulus waste, supporting new entitlement programs by implementing massive tax increases - these are real and are not going away. I'm just amazed that there are people like you who buy into the Obama Kool-aid utopia that will never work. You're like a typical Bush supporter.

The economy hasnt recovered. Lying about that wont help you politically.

I dont think it's a coincidence that the economy tanked when Democrats took control of Congress. It would have happened with the Republicans at some point, but it's like the Democrats want to take every bad thing the Republicans do and amplify it 100 fold.

wow... gimme a hit of what you're taking! I could use a break from reality for a bit.

I kinda hope the republicans pick up both the house and senate in 2010, but then Obama wins in 2012 again while the republicans maintain control of congress. These last 10 years have proven that nothing good happens when either party has control of the congress and presidency. So, republican presidency and dem congress or vice versa. The less the government does, the better off we are as Americans.

Last edited:

The economy hasnt recovered. Lying about that wont help you politically.

I dont think it's a coincidence that the economy tanked when Democrats took control of Congress. It would have happened with the Republicans at some point, but it's like the Democrats want to take every bad thing the Republicans do and amplify it 100 fold.

Really? Explain

- A Stock market that has gained 70% since march 2009
- Three consecutive quarters of GDP increase (the definition of an ending recession0
- A reversal in the losses of jobs and a positive increase (162,000 last month)
- Stable interest and inflation rates
- An increase in housing starts

Forum List

Back