"How Are You?" is now a microaggression against students of color.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
My wife's department at the University has received new "guidelines" on how to interact with students of color for Fall 2020. It is NOT OK to ask a student of color "How Are You?" since it is assumed they are all traumatized by the events of this year. Of course it's still OK to say that to White students since you can say anything to them and it doesn't matter. The guidelines also state that "All Lives Matter" is worse than a microaggression as it is considered disrespectful to the "Black Lives Matter" movement.

My wife's department at the University has received new "guidelines" on how to interact with students of color for Fall 2020. It is NOT OK to ask a student of color "How Are You?" since it is assumed they are all traumatized by the events of this year. Of course it's still OK to say that to White students since you can say anything to them and it doesn't matter. The guidelines also state that "All Lives Matter" is worse than a microaggression as it is considered disrespectful to the "Black Lives Matter" movement.
I know without the left they would still be saying "You're white.....you wouldn't understand".
Now they're experiencing micro-aggression......otherwise called pangs of bigotry like a typical racist.

....only in academia....what silliness.

/——/ Is, “Yo— sup?” still ok?

Mike, your wife needs a change of university. I wish her the best of luck putting up with this crap while she feels she has to.

"How Are You?" since it is assumed they are all traumatized by the events of this year.

Is it not alright to ask a traumatized person how they are?

It seems doctors have been getting it wrong all these centuries.

tenor.gif

"How Are You?" since it is assumed they are all traumatized by the events of this year.

View attachment 371644
The assumption is all students of color are not OK and in a state of trauma. The recommended phrase is "Nice to see you".

View attachment 371644
The assumption is all students of color are not OK and in a state of trauma. The recommended phrase is "Nice to see you".
That's a lot of assuming.

I would not be able to control myself

Every angwy POC( piece of crap same color to )activist would get a how are ya .

Is "Fuck off and die" also considered a micro aggression?

Pretty much how I feel about how to greet liberals these days.

Is "Fuck off and die" also considered a micro aggression?

Pretty much how I feel about how to greet liberals these days.
That would not be within University guidelines LoL.

I could have said this shit is getting out of hand during the 80’s. Fast forward to now nothing shocks me

Forum List

Back