How Are We Gonna Pay for the $7.9 Trillion that Obama Added to the National Debt?

I am not on a PC. But, I have seen the data. No matter where the FED sets the Top TAX rate, they only get ~20%*GDP total. True over 100 years or so.

simply cutting taxes is worthless if it doesn't result in massive budget surpluses.

Hoover found that out, after only one term.

Well, they never have a surplus. Spend spend spend. Easy and fun to spend others monies. I would cut cut cut and layoff 25% then sell assets. Balance budget somehow?

They say Clinton had a surplus? Funny thing, the debt increased each year during his terms. Yawn.

They are having a giant party with a $4T pot. While turning half the country against the other half? Look at RINO Flake......elected by tea party. But he a DemWitt. Dems never waiver. Repubes only have a few honorable ones.....freedom caucus. Battery going....

Last edited:
Well, I would like liberals to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the national debt.
OK, you mental midget - posing as an economist.
The NET WORTH of the US (Assets - Liabilities) is somewhere around 95 Trillion!
In other words, we could pay off that debt, and still have 95 Trillion in our pockets.
I'll bet YOUR personal finances are a lot worse than that.
Your an idiot, just a poser.

SSGT Bags

Predictably, liberals here are screaming about how we're gonna "pay for" the $1.4 trillion that the Trump tax cuts are returning to the American people, while they refuse to admit that federal revenue has increased after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Well, I would like liberals to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the national debt. Just to be extra fair, this is not counting Obama's first year, because, technically, it was operating under Bush's last budget (even though Congress jacked up spending in Bush's last year over his objections, even though Obama approved a huge spending boost to the FY 2009 budget right after coming to office, and even though Obama would have added much more debt had it not been for Republican-imposed sequestration). National debt increases by president in dollar amounts and percentages:

Obama: $7.9 trillion/68 percent
Bush Jr.: $5.8 trillion/101 percent
Clinton: $0/0 percent
Bush Sr.: $2.8 trillion/54 percent
Reagan: $1.8 trillion/186 percent

Again, if Obama had not been modestly restrained by a Republican-controlled Congress, he would have added a lot more debt. Without Obama's and the Democrats' pressure for higher and higher spending, spending would have been substantially less after the Republicans took control of Congress.

Presidents didn't used to increase the debt by such large percentages. Debt increases used to be in low double digits or in single digits in terms of the percent of the increase, which is the most important number. Dollar values change over time because of inflation, which is why the percent of the increase is the most important figure:

LBJ: $42 billion/13 percent
JFK: $23 billion/8 percent
Eisenhower: $23 billion/9 percent
Truman: $7 billion/3 percent

So, liberals, how are we gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the debt? How? Or do you only worry about "paying for" something when it involves letting Americans keep more of their own money?

Which President Added Most to the U.S. Debt?

Moderately restrained by a republican congress,seriously? you mean like the corrupt republicans that blocked his passage bill where he tried to fix it for americans not to have public funded NFL stadiums to fund for selfish greedy asshole billionaire owners who instead of building their own new fucking new stadiums fleece us taxpayers to build THEIR new stadium for them? those moderately restrained republicans you are talking about? seriously?:haha: everybody that knows me here will tell you i hate Obama and have never said one good word about him,but that was one GOOD THING he DID try and do for americans but could not because of a corrupt republican congress that vetoed it.:muahaha:

Predictably, liberals here are screaming about how we're gonna "pay for" the $1.4 trillion that the Trump tax cuts are returning to the American people, while they refuse to admit that federal revenue has increased after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Well, I would like liberals to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the national debt. Just to be extra fair, this is not counting Obama's first year, because, technically, it was operating under Bush's last budget (even though Congress jacked up spending in Bush's last year over his objections, even though Obama approved a huge spending boost to the FY 2009 budget right after coming to office, and even though Obama would have added much more debt had it not been for Republican-imposed sequestration). National debt increases by president in dollar amounts and percentages:

Again, if Obama had not been modestly restrained by a Republican-controlled Congress, he would have added a lot more debt. Without Obama's and the Democrats' pressure for higher and higher spending, spending would have been substantially less after the Republicans took control of Congress.

Presidents didn't used to increase the debt by such large percentages. Debt increases used to be in low double digits or in single digits in terms of the percent of the increase, which is the most important number. Dollar values change over time because of inflation, which is why the percent of the increase is the most important figure:

So, liberals, how are we gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion that Obama added to the debt? How? Or do you only worry about "paying for" something when it involves letting Americans keep more of their own money?

This is exactly why I have always contended that---------> While from a different political party, history will look upon Bush and Obama as terrible Presidents. Their 16 years in office will be viewed as almost one and the same, and a total disaster.
:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

best damn post on this thread.

So, according to your own numbers:

The Dem presidents have added an average of of 6.25% (with the 32% added by Clinton) to the national debt per year.

The Repubs presidentes have added an average of 17.05% to the national debt per year.

Yet somehow a great many people think the Dems alone are the problem.

I'll go you one better: In the post-WW II era, Democratic presidents used to be better than Republican presidents in handling the budget. Truman, JFK, and LBJ held spending to smaller increases than did any Republican president in the modern era except Ike, and Clinton balanced the budget and began to pay down the debt. Carter and then Obama shattered that trend.

Let us hope that someday fairly soon we will return to fiscal sanity and stop playing class-warfare games anytime someone proposes badly needed spending cuts and other sound fiscal measures.

that squares with Obama but not with Reagan.sounds like Reagan did far worse than Carter there.LOL
The Myths of Reaganomics

Isn't it interesting that not one liberal in this thread has tried to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion in new debt that Obama piled up. They're frenzied about how we're gonna "pay for" $1.4 trillion in tax cuts, but they couldn't care less about the $7.9 trillion in new debt that Obama gave us.

And, of course, liberals still can't bring themselves to admit the demonstrable fact that federal tax revenue has risen substantially after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.

Actually, according to YOUR link, if you removed the effects of 2008 from Obama and placed them where they belong, babyBush, Obama would be $3 Trillion (about where daddyBush was after paying for Regan's mistake) and place the $10 Trillion where it belongs on babyBush.

If you want to pay off the deficit, revoke Trumpchange rules and;

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Actually, according to YOUR link, if you removed the effects of 2008 from Obama and placed them where they belong, babyBush, Obama would be $3 Trillion (about where daddyBush was after paying for Regan's mistake) and place the $10 Trillion where it belongs on babyBush.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Still using your fake inflation calculation?

Where will we get the money for this huge handout to corporations?

How did price controls work out for Venezuela?

Isn't it interesting that not one liberal in this thread has tried to explain how we're gonna pay for the $7.9 trillion in new debt that Obama piled up. They're frenzied about how we're gonna "pay for" $1.4 trillion in tax cuts, but they couldn't care less about the $7.9 trillion in new debt that Obama gave us.

And, of course, liberals still can't bring themselves to admit the demonstrable fact that federal tax revenue has risen substantially after every major tax cut since the early 1900s.
Why would anyone admit that when it’s not true? Federal income taxes were cut 1981 and 1982. Federal income tax revenue fell in 1982 and 1983. Federal income taxes were cut again in 2001, 2002 aand 2003. Federal income tax revenue fell again in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Buy a car lately?

Money that is returned to States. BTW, it isn't a handout to corporations, it's to workers who will spend it in the economy.

My plan controls costs of goods and services thus thwarts inflation.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Buy a car lately?

Money that is returned to States. BTW, it isn't a handout to corporations, it's to workers who will spend it in the economy.

Buy a car lately?

Yes.

Money that is returned to States. BTW, it isn't a handout to corporations,

Giving corporations a tax credit for employee expenses is a handout. To corporations.

How well did price controls in Venezuela thwart inflation?

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Buy a car lately?

Buy a car lately?

Yes.

Giving corporations a tax credit for employee expenses is a handout. To corporations.

Yes.

Then you know

But the cash goes to employees

We're NOT Venezuela.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Buy a car lately?

Buy a car lately?

Yes.

Yes.

Then you know

We're NOT Venezuela.

Then you know

I know your imaginary inflation numbers are imaginary.

Giving corporations a tax credit to hand to employees is a handout to corporations.

We're NOT Venezuela.

Price controls failed in Venezuela and they failed in the US in the past.

Forum List

Back