House Republicans To Gut Ethics Watchdog

Obama has run the most lawless administration in US history, yet snowflakes continue to push their fear-mongering. :p

It can't get any worse than what we have had the last 8 years.
The most corrupt administration in history is the Reagan administration. That administration holds the record of indictments, convictions and pardons in history. Those crimes included crimes of profit, bribery, and crimes considered 'white collar" crimes.

When Obama change his name to Reagan?

Silly far left drone!
How many Obama administration members were indicted, convicted or pardoned for crimes? How many from the Reagan administration? Answer those two simple questions.
Reality counts for more than your partisan babbling.

House GOP Votes to Put Independent Ethics Board Under Lawmakers’ Control

Lawmakers want to police themselves? GTFO with this nonsense

Stop reading fake news like the NY Times.

The story is a fraud, this is simply rolling the independent board into the already existing ethics committee.
That is the Wallstreet Journal dumbass

Fake news is fake news.

This is fake news, regardless of the source.
Oh will you pleez stop; it's not fake news.

House GOP Votes to Put Independent Ethics Board Under Lawmakers’ Control

Lawmakers want to police themselves? GTFO with this nonsense
You really believe the ethics board was independent?

They didn't do shit anyway so let's be done with them and then prosecute the fuckers in congress instead of giving them a slap on the wrist
Give a couple examples of who should have been prosecuted?

And/or going forward, what types of things warrant a prosecution?
Yes, I believe the concern is that the Ethics Board only investigates those things the Congress tells them to, now.

NYT headline...

With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Gut Independent Ethics Office

So, the house Republicans voted to remove the internal organs from the Ethics committee prior to cooking?

NYT is a piece of shit editorial rag.

"GUT" is editorializing.

Here is a proper fucking headline:

House Republicans voted to significantly curtail the power of Independent Ethics Office.

Trump says NYT is right....you say what?

I am saying it's an editorialized headline.

Can you please post Trump's EXACT quote regarding the headline? Thanks. Then we can discuss the editorialized HEADLINE that I referred to.

How many Obama administration members were indicted, convicted or pardoned for crimes?
I love when snowflakes use this false argument. The President of the United States, His criminal US AG, and the unethical / immoral clone US AG - as already pointed out - has protected countless numbers of liberals from being indicted. It isn't hard to protect your 'family' from punishment when you 'won the sheriff'.

You're right, we don't need no stinking ethics.
Agreed, and that is all we have had - 'stinking ethics'.

That's what usually happens when you put immoral, unethical people in charge of governing 'ethics', what happens when you put the criminals in charge of 'policing' themselves.

The 'Ethics Commission' should be an outside, independent, non-partisan, objective, public agency, one that has prosecutorial powers that can subpoena, indict, and file charges against or punish federal politicians who violate the law! It would then be up to the DOJ to follow-through and fully criminally prosecute them. 'CENSURING' federal politicians and anything short of that criminal prosecution should be in their power.

If a significant, honest, and proven case of political bias is shown / proven against any member on this council it should be able to strip them from their position on the Commission.

As it is, the foxes have been protecting themselves and the hen house, culminating in the most criminal administration in US history.
Does this logic apply to Cabinet picks as well? You know, putting an oil mogul in charge of things where conflict-of-interest is as intrinsic as the fact of having to breath air to live?
He is NOT going to an oil mogul anymore. He will not be the CEO. How does he benefit from a position he no longer has?

What is funniest is that the Republican defenders here go on defending this disgusting action by some Republican Rep's even after Trump has put out a negative tweet and they have been forced to back up and give up on their plot. The cult needs better communication with the cult leader.

He is NOT going to an oil mogul anymore. He will not be the CEO. How does he benefit from a position he no longer has?
Rightwing Republican logic in action folks. You can't make this crap up.

#LOLGOP

NYT headline...

So, the house Republicans voted to remove the internal organs from the Ethics committee prior to cooking?

"GUT" is editorializing.

House Republicans voted to significantly curtail the power of Independent Ethics Office.

Can you please post Trump's EXACT quote regarding the headline? Thanks. Then we can discuss the editorialized HEADLINE that I referred to.

Straw grasping.

If GOP didn't trully try to gut it then what is Trump's and Ryan's objection to their own party?

If placed under congressional committee oversight Independent Ethics Office is no longer Independent.

NYT headline...

"GUT" is editorializing.

Straw grasping.

If GOP didn't trully try to gut it then what is Trump's and Ryan's objection to their own party?

You replied to a post about the headline. You said Trump commented on the headline. What was his comment. Read the post you replied to.

She makes perfect sense.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
49izadw.gif

NYT headline...

"GUT" is editorializing.

Straw grasping.

You replied to a post about the headline. You said Trump commented on the headline. What was his comment. Read the fucking post you replied to, idiot.

I said Trump agrees with THE POINT of the article.

You are just quibbling beside the point.

The 'Independent' Ethics Board has EQUALLY protected Republicans and Democrats who have engaged in unethical, immoral, and even illegal activity. They do need to be replaced; however, putting control of it in the hands of the politicians the board has been protecting makes even less sense.

Forum List

Back