House Passes Repeal Of Iraq War Authorization - Who Voted Against It?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The House on Thursday approved a bill to repeal the 2002 authorization for use of military force (AUMF) in Iraq, a measure which has the backing of the White House and is gaining momentum nearly 20 years after Congress approved voted to approve the U.S. invasion. The bill passed by a vote of 268 to 161, with 49 Republicans voting for the repeal, and only one Democrat voting against it.

The bill was introduced by Congresswoman Barbara Lee, the sole member of Congress to vote against the broad 2001 war authorization targeting Afghanistan after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The House voted to repeal the 2002 authorization against Iraq last year, but it was not taken up in the Senate and was opposed by the Trump administration."

We are 20 years late but I guess better late than never.....but I suppose it's about time that Democrats finally own up to the mess they created...Who was the one elected member who voted against it tho?? I mean there were 160 Republicans who voted against it but they did so for principled reasons....but for the one Dem who voted against it -- that person has to be the biggest warhawk Neo-Con in congress...

Chuck Schumer has said he will bring it to the floor for a vote this year.

This year? Why not tomorrow Chuckie?

If we had a president with a backbone we wouldn't need a resolution to end the stupid war.

"The Iraq war has been over for nearly a decade, and authorization passed in 2002 is no longer necessary in 2021," Schumer said,

Someone needs to inform the military Chuckie.

Forum List

Back