House Of Dragons Compared to Rings Of Power.....No Contest

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
6b5de2_b5b64bb58de24079ab834bf230057119~mv2.jpeg

*Daenerys Targaryen sitting in Dragon Stone Castle*

I've watched two episodes of "House of Dragons" and two episodes of "Rings of Power"

House of Dragons is compelling and dramatic.

Rings of Power is confusing.....and doesn't even remind me of Lord Of The Rings even remotely.

House of Dragons doesn't require the viewer to have to have read the books to know what's going on...because it explains what's going on, while Rings of Power only has two characters from the Lord Of The Rings that are even remotely recognizable.

I hear that the critics are ripping Rings of Power to shreds....but they are captivated by the early episodes of House of Dragons. It has characters that are interesting and true to original works of the author....without any major changes of the characters genders or ethnicity.

It's possible that the new GOT series may put the original to shame eventually.....but I can't say the same for the Tolkien offering.
For one....Elves don't wear Buzz Cuts. Also....there were no black Elves. At least not in the books.

OIF.jpg

*Arondir from "Rings Of Power"*

Young-Princess-Rhaenyra-Targaryen-on-House-of-the-Dragon-Season-1-Episode-2.jpg

*Princess Rhaenyra Targeryan*

fghdfhdf.png

Links

Apparently the Amazon Tolkien knockoff is Woke and is getting review-bombed because of that: it was in the news this morning. They have stopped posting all reviews cold because of the overwhelmingly negative reviews, focusing on black elves and what-not foolish ugliness. There was not a review posted as of this morning.

No way I'll watch anything Woke. It's just indoctrination.

Apparently the Amazon Tolkien knockoff is Woke and is getting review-bombed because of that: it was in the news this morning. They have stopped posting all reviews cold because of the overwhelmingly negative reviews, focusing on black elves and what-not foolish ugliness. There was not a review posted as of this morning.

It's Jeff Bezos' dreamchild....so it's a load of crapola.

What does "woke" mean?

What does "woke" mean?
Fags are normal and all the main characters in an historically White show must now be Black.
The main problem is that Woke shows and movies depict all White men as stupid and that's why no one watches.
Piss off the people who provide the main source of your income and your income will shrink.

Fags are normal and all the main characters in an historically White show must now be Black.
The main problem is that Woke shows and movies depict all White men as stupid and that's why no one watches.
Piss off the people who provide the main source of your income and your income will shrink.
Define "historically white show."

We watched the first episode of Rings of Power and were not impressed.
In a scene, a "Snow Troll" attacks a group of elite Elf soldiers.
The Troll is tossing these puny elves around like matchsticks. No one is a match for this 3000 lb. beast.
Thank God, however, there was a woman there. It seems with Elves, the woman can jump 15 feet in the air. And they can manipulate gravity and change direction in mid-air! Wow!!
I can't wait to see more 110 lb. - 5'2" tiny young girls save all of the weak, inferior men.

Yes "wokeness" is all over the first episode.
In the Snow Troll scene, it would have been a MUCH better scene if the female commander AND her troops fought the troll as a group and defeated it. In Tolkien's books there were female elf warriors. That is fine. Didn't even bother me that she was the commander of the elite group. But to show this troll easily tossing male soldiers around as if they were toys - and here comes a superpower woman to the rescue, all 110 lbs. of her killing this massive monster as if it was a bowl of lifeless jelly. - Stupid and unrealistic. Ruined the scene.
And then yes, I noticed the "non binary" Hobbits. A male hobbit dressed a a female hobbit, and the leading female hobbit acts like a boy. This interrupts the story in your mind. They put political messaging front forward instead of telling a good story.
The black elf doesn't bother me. I don't have any issue in casting multiple races in a story. Our country is the most racially diverse nation on the planet and our movies should reflect that AS LONG AS it doesn't interfere with the story, or if it is a historical piece it should reflect the reality of the times.

I see, one of those types
"Oh no!!! I see Black people! Ewww!!!"

Well yesterday both Amazon and Rotten Tomatoes suspended fan reviews due to overwhelmingly bad ratings.
On Rotten Tomatoes fan ratings currently sits at an abysmal 39%.
Amazon has done an unprecedented move in all of streaming services - they not only suspended fan reviews... but removed them from view claiming "trolls" were bombing it.
Uh huh

Forum List

Back