House Democrats Block FENTANYL Trafficking Bill

Interesting view. I am an alcoholic who drank to get drunk from the age of 17 till about 28. I am now in my late 50s, make six figures and have a Masters degree, a 29 year and going strong marriage and two amazing adult children.

In your world I would have died a useless burden instead of becoming a well functioning, contributing member to society.

You take authoritarianism to a whole new level
Letting people experience the consequences of their behavior is the exact opposite of authoritarianism. Yes. I would have let you die in an alley. Good thing you made a different decision. I would not have forced you into it.

Letting people experience the consequences of their behavior is the exact opposite of authoritarianism.

But you are not doing so, you are putting them into an artificial situation instead of the one they made for themselves.

Yes. I would have let you die in an alley. Good thing you made a different decision. I would not have forced you into it.

I am not asking you to force anything on anyone, just to let them alone.

Additional analysis by Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and Well Being Trust (WBT) of state-level data show nearly all states and the District of Columbia saw increases between 2019 and 2020, including very large ones for many states.

• Five states—Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and West Virginia—had drug overdose death rates that increased by more than 50 percent between 2019 and 2020.
  • Overall drug overdoses deaths: 91,799 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2020, a rate of 28.3 deaths per 100,000 people. This is a rate 31 percent higher than over 2019 when 70,630 Americans died of drug overdoses (21.6 deaths per 100,000).
  • Opioid overdose deaths: 68,630 Americans died from opioid overdoses in 2020, a rate of 21.4 deaths per 100,000 people. This is a rate 38 percent higher than 2019 when 49,860 Americans died of opioid overdoses (15.5 deaths per 100,000).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one can't blame Biden for this. There must have been something in the bill that Democrats didn't want. Probably banning abortion.

There is nothing in the OP link and can't find a response from Democrats...

I definitely see why not having it as a schedule 1 drug could be a lot more beneficial in dealing with it.

First this is a drug that is legally prescribed by doctors today..

If you are caught with it especially in high quantity it is up to 10 years in jail. So use is more relaxed but dealing it illegally is heavily punished.

This means people caught in possession of it are considered to have medical problem rather than be a criminal.. This is the new recommended way to deal with Drug epidemics, cause the Heroin way of sending everyone to prison sure didn't work.

House the drug addicted homeless.

Now HE should have been left alone after making sure the trunk was securely locked.

House the drug addicted homeless.

Now HE should have been left alone after making sure the trunk was securely locked.

Being mentally ill does not mean he is a drug user. You make far too many false assumptions

I definitely see why not having it as a schedule 1 drug could be a lot more beneficial in dealing with it.

If you are caught with it especially in high quantity it is up to 10 years in jail. So use is more relaxed but dealing it illegally is heavily punished.

This means people caught in possession of it are considered to have medical problem rather than be a criminal.. This is the new recommended way to deal with Drug epidemics, cause the Heroin way of sending everyone to prison sure didn't work.
Prison would never work with a drug addict. Warehousing might. Keep giving them all the drugs they want. Treat all overdoses as DNR.

Additional analysis by Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and Well Being Trust (WBT) of state-level data show nearly all states and the District of Columbia saw increases between 2019 and 2020, including very large ones for many states.

• Five states—Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and West Virginia—had drug overdose death rates that increased by more than 50 percent between 2019 and 2020.
  • Overall drug overdoses deaths: 91,799 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2020, a rate of 28.3 deaths per 100,000 people. This is a rate 31 percent higher than over 2019 when 70,630 Americans died of drug overdoses (21.6 deaths per 100,000).
  • Opioid overdose deaths: 68,630 Americans died from opioid overdoses in 2020, a rate of 21.4 deaths per 100,000 people. This is a rate 38 percent higher than 2019 when 49,860 Americans died of opioid overdoses (15.5 deaths per 100,000).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one can't blame Biden for this. There must have been something in the bill that Democrats didn't want. Probably banning abortion.
I was waiting for this comment.

So, it's just like all those bills that repubs voted against and you all said they voted against them to hurt Americans, when in fact, they probably voted against them because there was something in the bill they couldn't agree to.

Makes a good case that all bills should be single item, and not these 5000 page monstrosities that we've been seeing.

If they want to (some of them don't give a crap), or accidently commit suicide so be it. They are nothing no one can do. If they want to waste their money on drugs no one can do anything about it. Good riddens to all junkies out there.

I couldn't find a Democrats response too.

That makes no difference. Are you suggesting that we offer the trunks of cars as housing for the homeless mentally ill?

No, i am suggesting we get the mentally ill help. Crazy thing in your world I guess, seems you think we should just let them die off also since they are a drain on society.

Your own like shows this to be a lie, not that you really give a flying fuck
His entire thread is a blatant lie. Democrats aren't blocking fentanyl legislation. They have had febtanyl legislation collecting dust due to GOP blocking.

So, as usual, this is just amateurish gaslighting by the cult.

No, i am suggesting we get the mentally ill help. Crazy thing in your world I guess, seems you think we should just let them die off also since they are a drain on society.
Get help. What would you do? Lock them up for forcible treatment. We used to do that, to great success. The ACLU took it to court and we no longer treat those who don't feel the need. How can you still refer to yourself as non authoritarian when you support forcing the mentally ill into treatment programs? You don't want them left alone with their insanity. Yet you want drug addicts left alone.

Any and all federal drug laws are totally and completely illegal.
No where in the Constitution does the federal government get authorized to pass drug, medical, or recreational laws.
Even Prohibition should have been illegal, but since they passed an amendment to the constitution for that, I have less grounds to complain about that.
But clearly the federal War on Drugs is without any amendment and completely illegal.

Get help. What would you do? Lock them up for forcible treatment. We used to do that, to great success. The ACLU took it to court and we no longer treat those who don't feel the need. How can you still refer to yourself as non authoritarian when you support forcing the mentally ill into treatment programs? You don't want them left alone with their insanity. Yet you want drug addicts left alone.

Insanity can effect the rights of others, like mass shootings.
But drugs only hurt others when they are criminalized and become expensive.

Forum List

Back