Hosts on NPR/Public Radio Opine...

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I heard a few hosts on NPR use the term 'opine' and wondered whether there is a chance Bill O'Reilly and FOX NEWS will be filing another frivolous lawsuit over words?

What say you?

:lol:

Fox News Drops Franken Lawsuit - CBS News

(AP) Fox News dropped its lawsuit against Al Franken on Monday, three days after a federal judge refused to block the liberal humorist from using the Fox slogan "Fair and Balanced" on the cover of his book.

The lawsuit had sought unspecified damages from Franken and Penguin Group, publisher of "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right."

"It's time to return Al Franken to the obscurity that he's normally accustomed to," Fox News spokeswoman Irena Steffen said.

--

Al Franken | Senator for Minnesota

There are people who actually listen to NPR?

I guess that circle-jerk society you live in has truly kept you in the dark..

In the fall of 2008, NPR programming reached a record 27.5 million people weekly, according to Arbitron ratings figures. NPR stations reach 32.7 million listeners overall.[11] NPR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gawd, you're getting to be as useless as Gunny

dante-gay1.jpg

Ever notice how NPR hosts/interviewers stutter all the time?
Not individul words, but pieces of sentences.

i.e. "So, do you... do you...."
"What about... what about..."
etc etc.

Hell I'm a conservative and a listener for over 25 years now. The programming is a lot better than it used to be, but still obviously skewed to the left.

I'll keep listening, but I'm done sending them money.

Today in the car I heard Neta Uleby reporting on an "anime" meeting in Philadelphia and how they're sympathizing with the Japanese. It was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard on the radio. It was like stratospheric levels of gayness.

Today in the car I heard Neta Uleby reporting on an "anime" meeting in Philadelphia and how they're sympathizing with the Japanese. It was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard on the radio. It was like stratospheric levels of gayness.

Yeah, that does sound Liberace gay.

In the fall of 2008, NPR programming reached a record 27.5 million people weekly, according to Arbitron ratings figures. NPR stations reach 32.7 million listeners overall.[11] NPR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's funnier is you think less than 10% of the US population in listnership matters.

Only intelligent people who want to hear the real in-depth-reported news without all the bullshit...

Like that intelligent, in-depth report on the endangered yellow-tailed lickspittle bird of Guatemala?

Highly necessary use of tax dollars.

:eusa_whistle:

Ever notice how NPR hosts/interviewers stutter all the time?
Not individul words, but pieces of sentences.

i.e. "So, do you... do you...."
"What about... what about..."
etc etc.

Hell I'm a conservative and a listener for over 25 years now. The programming is a lot better than it used to be, but still obviously skewed to the left.

I'll keep listening, but I'm done sending them money.

conversational language is not written or scripted. r u a pathetically constipated programmer, or just a damn fool?

:cool:

What's funnier is you think less than 10% of the US population in listnership matters.

FOX NEWS Alert!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

You may hate Fox News.

But you are not forced to pay for it.

I do hate Fox News, I really do. Ever heard the phrase, "Fox News Republican"? I like that one. It kind of says it all, doesn't it? "Oh, him? He's a Fox News Republican." That means he isn't too bright and believes everything he hears.

I listen to NPR. All the time. I don't hear too much on there that is either "stupid" or inaccurate. Quite the contrary, in fact.

You may hate Fox News.

But you are not forced to pay for it.

I do hate Fox News, I really do. Ever heard the phrase, "Fox News Republican"? I like that one. It kind of says it all, doesn't it? "Oh, him? He's a Fox News Republican." That means he isn't too bright and believes everything he hears.

I listen to NPR. All the time. I don't hear too much on there that is either "stupid" or inaccurate. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Hating Fox News does not answer the question of why NPR should receive public funds. If they truly have programming of value, let them compete for their dollars in the free marketplace like every other media organization. What do they do that warrants public funding?

Forum List

Back