Horrible deadly crash in Vegas

I would be very interested to hear why the driver left the road and hit these people.

The driver stayed at the scene and was cooperating with the investigation.

The report said that there was no indication alcohol was involved.

And Democrats are pushing you to commute by bicycle........

Shit, daily I drive from Austin County and take 1093 to Houston and see a bunch of cyclists riding their bikes and some hog the road so you have to wait to pass them and I wonder how long before someone loses their shit and does mass murder?
I wish everyone could afford bicycle lanes. I live in a very beautiful but rural, under funded area where the main 'highway' is one lane each way with a couple feet of gravel shoulder IF you're lucky. There are many stretches without even that. Add to it blind hills and in the summer when bicycling groups come up here to do road trips, it is absolutely a freakin' huge accident waiting to happen. This past summer we were spared it because of covid restrictions, but usually I have at least one near miss a year.

In more populated areas, I'm sure it's worse. We are too spread out and have freezing temps too many months of the year for bicycling to be big with locals.

Just shows you how delicate life really is
This is one of the worst stories ever in Vegas

a convoy of bicycles on the shoulder of a major highway that includes TRUCKS seems so dangerous
to me that it SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. ----I am not sure but I doubt that bicycles are allowed on the
Garden State Parkway shoulder----and even trucks
are not allowed (sheeeeeesh)----that's new jersey--land of the shrinking violets

Shit, daily I drive from Austin County and take 1093 to Houston and see a bunch of cyclists riding their bikes and some hog the road so you have to wait to pass them and I wonder how long before someone loses their shit and does mass murder?
I wish everyone could afford bicycle lanes. I live in a very beautiful but rural, under funded area where the main 'highway' is one lane each way with a couple feet of gravel shoulder IF you're lucky. There are many stretches without even that. Add to it blind hills and in the summer when bicycling groups come up here to do road trips, it is absolutely a freakin' huge accident waiting to happen. This past summer we were spared it because of covid restrictions, but usually I have at least one near miss a year.

In more populated areas, I'm sure it's worse. We are too spread out and have freezing temps too many months of the year for bicycling to be big with locals.

yes-----the byways SHOULD BE "no bicycles"
{{ path pending }}

Down here going on the 1093 road which turn into Westpark Tollway and later over in Houston Westheimer it can be safe if the cyclists stay on the shoulder but some groups ignore their safety and decide to ride with the cars because they want to ride side by side and not in a line...

When it become a four lane road it get easier but still I am just waiting for the day someone get upset and run them over...

a convoy of bicycles on the shoulder of a major highway that includes TRUCKS seems so dangerous
to me that it SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. ----I am not sure but I doubt that bicycles are allowed on the
are not allowed (sheeeeeesh)----that's new jersey--land of the shrinking violets
I agree but this was an annual event

oh------gee----it is TRAGIC Were there signs up?

oh------gee----it is TRAGIC Were there signs up?
I don’t know
Talk about zero common sense

Anyone who bikes on public roads for health is a fucking retard and deserves to die

People do that in my area. We have a very nice bike path that keeps you away from cars along our river, can go 25 miles up and down it city after city upkeeps it. Instead they ride on two lane roads begging to get hit

It seems like they weren't in this case biking for health, but they like to do it.

*shrug*

Nothing wrong with using a bike for transportation, especially if you can't afford to just have a vehicle. But suiting up in your tights and bike that costs more than a car on the road yea i hope some one ends you.

You would fund it then the stupid fucking bikers wouldn't use it

Source: live in the suburbs

We don't have bike lanes on streets we've got better. Bike paths with no motorized traffic that you can do 100+ miles on in a day.

Instead they go out towards teh fields and curving roads with cars at 50mph

You people are acting like psychopaths !!
Show some humanity for the dead in this disaster

Forum List

Back