Hoping The Rumors About Fantastic Four w/ Silver Surfer Are Not True

Only very very old people read comic books as a kid and they dont make up much of the movie going experience. People complain about all kinds of movies. Marvels was ok, not great. The Marvel movies that do the best are either funny or dark. Marvels wasnt that funny or dark - just an action flick. Those dont do as well. My opinion only.
yeah both Deadpool movies were great !

I just don’t see the point in randomly gender swapping- or race swapping- characters.

If they simply think a female Surfer would be sexier or cooler looking, ok, fine, whatever

But if they feel the movie needs more female representation for balance or whatever, then just use one of Marvel’s hundreds of girl heroes that already exist. Hell, Marvel has had at least a couple girl “heralds of Galactus” over the years. Use one of them.

The double standard bugs me, too. How come the gender swapping is never making a female hero a male? And god forbid we were to make a black hero white. People would lose their shit.

I just don’t see the point in randomly gender swapping- or race swapping- characters.

If they simply think a female Surfer would be sexier or cooler looking, ok, fine, whatever

But if they feel the movie needs more female representation for balance or whatever, then just use one of Marvel’s hundreds of girl heroes that already exist. Hell, Marvel has had at least a couple girl “heralds of Galactus” over the years. Use one of them.

The double standard bugs me, too. How come the gender swapping is never making a female hero a male? And god forbid we were to make a black hero white. People would lose their shit.
It has been done in the comics, if that counts for anything. Regardless, it is just a ridiculous fictional character.

The secret, unspoken extra superpower of all girl heroes is the ability to show their face, ass and boobs all in one pose at the same time.

It is going to fail miserably. They do not understand their market. Fans of comics want what they read as kids, not some woke version to them that's like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Their maybe riots in the theaters if they change the characters.
These narcissistic directors and Disney execs are so full of hubris, they think they can write better stories than the authors who wrote the stories that made the comic book popular for decades.

Disney will do exactly what South Park made fun of them for doing. They'll put a chick in it and make it gay and lame.

The secret, unspoken extra superpower of all girl heroes is the ability to show their face, ass and boobs all in one pose at the same time.
And for whatever reason, the MCU, and Hollywood in general, think the only way to write an action film with a female lead, is to make her act like a man. Or at least the stereotype of how a man-hating feminist thinks a man behaves. Capt Marvel is a good example, but you could probably use just about any "strong female lead" from a Hollywood movie or TV show. She'll be stoic, humorless, impatient, a jerk, and always pissed off about something, and ready with the unnecessary cut-ups and put downs for anyone who questions their ideas or opinions.

I think part of the problem is that many guys read comics when they were kids, and do not want them to change it all.

It isn't just about male and female readers, it's about what made something good to begin with.

If something is created and very popular with millions of fans, then someone wants to make a movie about it why change what people loved to begin with? Sure after a comic running for 50 years you need to change it up once in a while, but making a movie off the comic is starting over in a few format, you don't need to mix it up.

I'm sure that there will be a transgender as James Bond in the near future.

I'm thinking a black or white woman twice, then they switch to a black man because sales were awful. Sales still don't do well so they put bond on hiatus and bring it back with a white guy that's like 28 but they still try and bring in a "tough chick" to try and counter balance him. And people will still always talk about how great the sean connery bond movies were while not mentioning the new ones

It isn't just about male and female readers, it's about what made something good to begin with.

If something is created and very popular with millions of fans, then someone wants to make a movie about it why change what people loved to begin with? Sure after a comic running for 50 years you need to change it up once in a while, but making a movie off the comic is starting over in a few format, you don't need to mix it up.

I'm thinking a black or white woman twice, then they switch to a black man because sales were awful. Sales still don't do well so they put bond on hiatus and bring it back with a white guy that's like 28 but they still try and bring in a "tough chick" to try and counter balance him. And people will still always talk about how great the Sean Connery bond movies were while not mentioning the new ones
There are female actors who can play an iconic action hero and pull it off, like Ripley, Laura Croft, Wonder Woman. They were real women, with flaws that they overcame. Then their are the Mary Sues, who are unlikable, smug, and perfect right out of the box. People do not form an emotional bond with these flawless, enigmas that are instantly the best of the best, of the best, and don't need anything or anyone, except to have faith in their own superiority.

Rey discovers the force for a few days, and as soon as she grips a light saber she can defeat a Sith lord who has been trained in the force since 5 years old.

Bruce explains how it took him many years to control his inner hulk. But the insufferable She-hulk, who got her powers by saving the weak and vulnerable Bruce Banner, learns to turn on and off her powers in a day, and proves hos she's better at everything than Bruce is, in two days.

Captain Marvel gets splashed by jet fuel and was instantly the most perfect, and powerful, god-like superhero ever. And her only story arc was overcoming her amnesia caused by the Kree.

Forum List

Back