Hopefully all this productivity is behind us

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
With the Chinese imposing new tariffs 10 days after the "very productive" talk, hopefully all this productivity will end soon.

From WhiteHouse.gov, August 13 posting of Remarks by President Trump Q&A and question about delay of tariffs until stores have chance to stock up for Christmas:

Q Why did you make the decision on the tariffs, to delay the implementation of the tariffs?

THE PRESIDENT: Only to help, I think, a lot of different groups of people. And we had a very good talk yesterday with China — a very, very productive call. I think they want to do something. I think they’d like to do something dramatic. I was not sure whether or not they wanted to wait until a Democrat has a chance to get in. Hopefully that’s not going to happen because the economy would go to hell in a handbasket very fast.

But they really would like to make a deal. The call itself was very productive. I’m not sure if it was the tariffs or the call, but the call was very productive. Again, they’ve said this many times; they’ve said they’re going to buy farm products. So far, they’ve disappointed me with the truth. They haven’t been truthful, or, let’s say, they’ve certainly delayed the decision. But it’s their intention to buy a lot of farm product.

And we did — we had a very good call with China. I mean, they would really like to do — as you know, they have a problem in Hong Kong, but they would like very much to do something.

Remarks by President Trump Before Air Force One Departure | The White House

They did something alright.

Forum List

Back