Honest Questions For Religious Conservatives About LBGT

1. I understand that the Bible says homosexual sex is a sin, but what about other sins like lying, adultery, or re-marrying? Would you refuse to hire someone who had violated the Commandments?
Are those sinners running around and are in your face yelling "I am an adulterer" or "I am a liar?" If your answer is no to those then you already have your answer to your question. I did not address re-marrying because it has different criteria.

To your #2 and #3 questions the answer is the same. Quit the "in your face" attitude and everything will be just fine.
So your stance is as long as your sexual preference is a secret I have no problem? To 2 and 3 you didn't answer at all. How do you reconcile Jesus teachings concerning forgiveness with refusing to hire gay people? That was the question.
I am not reconciling a f****ing thing dude. I answered #2 and #3 if you look at it again. Jesus taught a lot of nice things and I am not sure if he elaborated on faggotism. You assume that everybody holds to the stance that the world was created six thousand years ago in six days.

Private businesses should be allowed to discriminate. I would never use or except a job from a business that does that, but I wouldn't want to take away their right to do business with who they want either.

My question is for LBGT people: why do you want to use or work at a place you aren't welcome? If you are gay why do you want a job or get your wedding cake at Holy Spirit Bakery?

This isn't a 70 years ago and there is one bakery or a few employers there are many in most areas.

1. I understand that the Bible says homosexual sex is a sin, but what about other sins like lying, adultery, or re-marrying? Would you refuse to hire someone who had violated the Commandments?
Are those sinners running around and are in your face yelling "I am an adulterer" or "I am a liar?" If your answer is no to those then you already have your answer to your question. I did not address re-marrying because it has different criteria.

To your #2 and #3 questions the answer is the same. Quit the "in your face" attitude and everything will be just fine.
So your stance is as long as your sexual preference is a secret I have no problem? To 2 and 3 you didn't answer at all. How do you reconcile Jesus teachings concerning forgiveness with refusing to hire gay people? That was the question.
Simple, the Bible is bigger than Jesus
That opens a whole other can of worms. If you say I'm allowed to ignore those teachings that don't fit your political narrative you just admitted to use religion as a cover for them. Kind of the point of the question but glad to have it confirmed.

Private businesses should be allowed to discriminate. I would never use or except a job from a business that does that, but I wouldn't want to take away their right to do business with who they want either.

My question is for LBGT people: why do you want to use or work at a place you aren't welcome? If you are gay why do you want a job or get your wedding cake at Holy Spirit Bakery?

This isn't a 70 years ago and there is one bakery or a few employers there are many in most areas.
It is the in your face attitude. Fags want to antagonize everybody, then they are whining that Jesus was forgiving etc....

Your understanding of the teachings of Jesus is erroneous.

Forgiveness is predicated on repentance.

Jesus said..."Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him." (Luke 17:3, 4)

If the sin is perpetual, without repentence or even acknowledgement that the behavior is sinful, there is no obligation for forgiveness.

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him." (Luke 17:3, 4)

If the sin is perpetual, without repentance or even acknowledgement that the behavior is sinful, there is no obligation for forgiveness.
That pretty well covers it. A habitual liar falls in that same category..

I am not reconciling a f****ing thing dude. I answered #2 and #3 if you look at it again. Jesus taught a lot of nice things and I am not sure if he elaborated on faggotism. You assume that everybody holds to the stance that the world was created six thousand years ago in six days.
I assume nothing of the sort. I was making the observation. The question was asked by the poster to pinpoint something that is a quite glaring gap between the supposedly Christian base and the policies they want to enforce. These new rules point to a willingness to make life hard on those whose lifestyle you don't agree with. As the story of Mary Magdalene and the good Samaritan prove, Jesus was more concerned with substance than form and he didn't advocate judging peoples lifestyles. For the record I'm not a Christian although I was raised as one and that's one lesson I still try to live by.

I'm liberal more than anything else, but I like to reach out and try to understand the POV of conservatives so I don't think y'all are one big lump.

In light of the White House's directive reversing anti-discrimination employment rules for gay folks, I was hoping some religious conservatives could help me understand by answering a few questions. (Or, since I know this site, call me an idiotic libturd who hates America.)

2. It seems to me that Christ spent most of his time with sinners. How do you reconcile forgiveness and love that Jesus preached with wanting to keep your work free from sinners?

3. Do you feel that hiring someone gay violates your faith? If so, why?

(NOTE: I am not addressing the whole "gay wedding cake" clusterfuck. This is about supporting the White House saying employers can fire or refuse to hire someone based on religion.)

As usual, I'll give respect when respect is shown. Thanks!
The White House said that? WHEN?

Jesus said..."Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him." (Luke 17:3, 4)

If the sin is perpetual, without repentence or even acknowledgement that the behavior is sinful, there is no obligation for forgiveness.
As much as I hate religion, I must agree.

The word repent means and imply that one turn away from sin.

With that said, fuck Jesus Nazis. Jesus didn't even really exist, but if he did....

JESUS WAS BLACK!!!

:dunno:

If a religious person chooses to overlook sin that is completely different than being forced to embrace sin by the government.

It's what you get when you choose to have a secular government, as opposed to one where a religion gets to make the laws of the land.

A secular government that must not infringe religious freedom.
Religious freedom doesn't include making others follow the "rules" of your religion....that sharia law.

Ok so a mass murderer is forgiven as long as he repents before he dies? But someone who is gay and follows his heart shouldn't be forgiven? You would rather hire a repentant mass murderer then a unrepentant gay person? Sorry to put it in those terms but that is the logical conclusion to that argument.

Why would anyone mention their sexual preference to an employer?
They shouldn't have to. It has no bearing on how they do their work.
Employers find things out. They look at social media for one thing. There is bound to be telling information unless the employee is very careful about what they post. And why the fuck should they have to be. If you can post a picture with your lover or spouse, a gay guy should also be able to. And if you want to be able to put that picture on your desk at work, so should the gay guy. If you want to be able to openly talk about your family at work, the gay guy wants to also and he should not be forced to use gender neutral terms. Any more questions?

Are those gay employees running around getting in your face yelling "I'm gay""!!

If a religious person chooses to overlook sin that is completely different than being forced to embrace sin by the government.

It's what you get when you choose to have a secular government, as opposed to one where a religion gets to make the laws of the land.

A secular government that must not infringe religious freedom.
The definition of religious freedom has been bastardized by the right.

That opens a whole other can of worms. If you say I'm allowed to ignore those teachings that don't fit your political narrative you just admitted to use religion as a cover for them. Kind of the point of the question but glad to have it confirmed.
The Bible is the Bible . It contains many passages. Read it

The Bible is the Bible . It contains many passages. Read it
Sure and a lot of those passage haven't weathered the ages very well. The Old testament is full of passages that are downright immoral in today's terms so does and as you admitted you feel free to ignore those teachings that you don't agree with. What's more the D.O.J made it very clear that people discriminating other people on the bases of religion is perfectly valid.

It is the in your face attitude. Fags want to antagonize everybody, then they are whining that Jesus was forgiving etc....
How are "fags" antagonizing you?

Forum List

Back