holy disappearing threads, batman

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Dear Mods:

Is it possible to get some information on why a large number of threads have suddenly been redirected out of the flame zone to regions unknown, and why those moves are occurring?

Further, is it too much to ask to get a redirect up in dat bitch when y'all relocate threads out of the flame zone for reasons I'm still not entirely clear on?

This appears to be primarily a flame zone issue, but it's disruptive to discussion everywhere in the forum to move threads without a redirect or warning. This also appears to be a new strategy that has been put into place without providing the users with some guidelines on content requirements in each section of the forum that need to be followed to avoid having threads moved.

Further, the last I heard tell, there weren't any posting guideliness for the flame zone, other than hang on, put on your big girl panties, and pack tissues and Preparation H for your trip. It has been a wild wild west anarchist zone--aside from the no families rule--and thus, these moves are a little disconcerting, particularly when it appears that they are now occurring on a regular basis with no rhyme or reason.

We aren't mind readers, so if you wish us to post differently, you've gots to give us some guidance.

Thanks for your response (in advance) and your ongoing work to keep this forum a wonderful playground for the bored and intellectually challenged.

Many regards,

Catz

Last edited:
Interesting.

Can I still find my own threads in 'statistics'? Or do they disappear from there as well.

And why is this song suddenly playing in my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6V_44ibou8]Gotye - Don't Worry, We'll Be Watching You - official animation - YouTube[/ame]

You need to be more specific in which threads you're talking about, Cat.
Giving a generic answer to your question because I just don't any details to which you're talking about, I will give you this. There are good threads when started and debated then posters take it to a personal level and get away from the topic of the thread and becomes a big flame session. Those threads will end up in the flame zone.
Threads that have been trashed could be for various reasons, usually has to do with breaking rules repeatedly. Threads that are usually trashed will not get a redirect, because you can't go through the trash
If you could be more specific with the threads you're referring to I will research and give you a more specific answer.

okay since my name is mentioned here......hey meister....i swear i am trying to behave..but it just eludes me...

i was bitching about a thread being moved to poke fun at trajan....simple as that....its a short story but basically willow was bitching that the thread should have been somewhere else.....trajan moved it....simple as that...

my thread on what are mod qualifications was simple question but i was mocking two mods....

oddball and alan1....in that order...does that clear up the gossip that has been going around???

well does it?

my bitchin in the flame zone should never be brought out of the flame zone...simple as that...

sorry meister...for all the indirect trouble....

yes a thead i did was closed....i was notified it was closed and why it was closed...and who to talk to about it....

• Banned
SB made a reference to several of her threads being moved recently to other regions of the forum. See post here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229301-rocky-mountain-spotted-fever.html

I went ahead and PMed her to ask her to respond here.

However, I will acknowledge that I'm feeling a bit sheepish because I saw that several threads that resulted in banning/infractions were trashed, and thought they'd been moved, as well. So, baaad on me.

(Del-icious set me straight on that by PM. He continues to be an asset to USMB, even in his less kind, less gentle current format.)

However, just seeking guidance. Are threads on generic topics still allowed in the flame zone, even if they aren't flames?

Hopefully curiosity won't kill this catz.

thanks.

SB made a reference to several of her threads being moved recently to other regions of the forum. See post here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/229301-rocky-mountain-spotted-fever.html

I went ahead and PMed her to ask her to respond here.

However, I will acknowledge that I'm feeling a bit sheepish because I saw that several threads that resulted in banning/infractions were trashed, and thought they'd been moved, as well. So, baaad on me.

(Del-icious set me straight on that by PM. He continues to be an asset to USMB, even in his less kind, less gentle current format.)

However, just seeking guidance. Are threads on generic topics still allowed in the flame zone, even if they aren't flames?

Hopefully curiosity won't kill this catz.

thanks.

That thread you posted has never been moved. I just checked and there is no trail of it coming from another forum.
I've never pulled a thread out of the flame zone that a poster started in there.....unless the poster requests it to be moved.

okay since my name is mentioned here......hey meister....i swear i am trying to behave..but it just eludes me...

i was bitching about a thread being moved to poke fun at trajan....simple as that....its a short story but basically willow was bitching that the thread should have been somewhere else.....trajan moved it....simple as that...

my thread on what are mod qualifications was simple question but i was mocking two mods....

oddball and alan1....in that order...does that clear up the gossip that has been going around???

well does it?

my bitchin in the flame zone should never be brought out of the flame zone...simple as that...

yes a thead i did was closed....i was notified it was closed and why it was closed...and who to talk to about it....

The reason why it was trashed is that we had the same kind of thread several months ago. Started out semi innocent but then it was a pile on the mods. Hell, I could have handed out a months worth of infractions in that one thread before we finally closed it.
The threads change, but the posters don't.

well does it?

The reason why it was trashed is that we had the same kind of thread several months ago. Started out semi innocent but then it was a pile on the mods. Hell, I could have handed out a months worth of infractions in that one thread before we finally closed it.

Really. A pile on. Do tell. COULDN'T be because a few of them are complete fucktards without a complete IQ between them, and they got some payback.

Nah.

o meister...i hardly thought it was a secret who i was bashing but it apparently was not....i expected the thread to be closed....hell just cause we dont obey the rules doesnt mean we do not know them...and you are right you could hand out infractions minute by minute ....

what is amazing to me...the free # sigs....i am willing to bet gunny would have shut that down by now....in a lot of ways the board is more open....

and yes....as intense says...i will push the limits...

well does it?

Really. A pile on. Do tell. COULDN'T be because a few of them are complete fucktards without a complete IQ between them, and they got some payback.

Nah.

Could be, BD, but if you have a bitch about them with their moderating, bring it up in a PM like you're supposed to do.
As poster, you can hit them with your best shot, but not as they are in their mod capacity.

Apparently, that fine line is bleeding all over the place.

Fortunately, I have faux ignore, because since I have YET to see any of them contribute anything that didn't involve shame, mock, belittle, insult etc, I just glaze-eyes past their posts.

Forum List

Back