Holiday season jobs suck.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20211207_103015.jpg
20211207_103030.jpg

I'm happy for the customers who get to show off their new kitchens, entry's, fireplaces etc...
But there just isn't any satisfaction in it for me compared to the bathrooms. Not to mention backsplashes believe it or not are harder on my back than redoing an entire bathroom. Awkward bent over twisting around...HATE IT

View attachment 572856View attachment 572857

I'm happy for the customers who get to show off their new kitchens, entry's, fireplaces etc...
But there just isn't any satisfaction in it for me compared to the bathrooms. Not to mention backsplashes believe it or not are harder on my back than redoing an entire bathroom. Awkward bent over twisting around...HATE IT
backsplashes are a pain in the ass,,

I've done several of the small 1"-2" tile and grouting sucks royal,,

View attachment 572856View attachment 572857

Whoever that was, should have replaced those 60s SSB windows and storm windows. Your work is up to standards, though.

Yes

If the house is prone to settling and you don't have fun chasing cracks
I've never done a huge room like that, but see the benefit of doing it for that reason,
although I have done several apartments with concrete floors where you dont have an option but to mortar,,

I've never done a huge room like that, but see the benefit of doing it for that reason,
although I have done several apartments with concrete floors where you dont have an option but to mortar,,
This guy had 25 sheets of hardibacker sitting in the garage for me when I pulled it. I looked at it, then him and just said NOPE lol. Trash product. Went to Lowes and got Permabase.

Forum List

Back