Holder Smoking Gun: We Must "Brainwash" People Against Guns.

:badgrin:
Actually no...

Only an idiot thinks that encouraging shoot-outs in our streets is a good idea

And only an idiot thinks that's what we're talking about.
You think that's what we're talking about, right?

Speaking of idiots, one just chimed in

Here is what we are talking about...

More law abiding citizens with guns in their hands able to shoot BACK, the less criminals we will have.
:clap2:
congrats...thats the dumbest thing I ever heard :lol:

And I was right. Fast and Furious was about "brainwashing" people against guns.

Yesterday, Breitbart.com revealed exclusive video of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder speaking to the Woman’s National Democratic Club, stating that he wanted to “brainwash” people against gun ownership.
The video reveals Attorney General Holder’s early, consistent, and strident enthusiasm for gun control legislation. He wanted schools to talk about anti-gun propaganda “every day, every school, and every level."

Operation Fast and Furious -- in which Holder’s Department of Justice (DOJ) smuggled guns illegally to Mexican drug cartels -- could finally have provided Holder the material for that anti-gun curriculum.

On December 7, 2011, CBS News investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson (who is the only one in the mainstream media faithfully reporting this story) shared documents proving that the motive behind Operation Fast & Furious was to implement harsher gun regulations.

Ms. Attkisson reported that Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) officials within the DOJ discussed using the illegal gun sales to justify “Demand Letter 3,” which would require some gun shops to report the sales of multiple rifles or long guns.

Each new revelation pushes Operation Fast and Furious up the chain of command and provides more evidence that it was to be used for more gun control.

Here’s a review of what we know.

ATF Agent John Dodson sat down with Ms. Attkisson on March 3, 2011. He told Ms. Attkisson he had been assigned to Phoenix in 2010 and that he’d been involved in Operation Fast and Furious every single day since he arrived.

Agent Dodson had been assured that the “gun walking” strategy had been approved all the way up to the Department of Justice. That didn’t calm Agent Dodson and others. There was so much opposition that an ATF supervisor sent out an email that said, “Whether you care or not people of rank and authority at HQ are paying close attention to this case…we are doing what they envisioned.”

A few weeks, later on March 25, Ms. Attkisson released another report based on information from whistleblower Darren Gil, lead ATF official in Mexico at the time. She asked the most crucial question: who knew and how high up? She mentioned an interview President Obama had given with Univision, in which he claimed he or Mr. Holder had authorized it. However, Agent Gil’s interview contradicted President Obama’s statement about Mr. Holder.

What is really interesting is that Agent Gil and his counterparts in Mexico did not have any knowledge about Operation Fast and Furious--nor did those in charge want Agent Gil or anyone else in Mexico to know. Ms. Attkisson reported, “Gil says his supervisor at ATF’s Washington D.C. headquarters told him point-blank the operation was approved even higher than ATF Director Kenneth Melson,” right up to senior levels of DOJ.
Noting that bringing weapons illegally into Mexico could amount to an act of war, Gil explained that by ATF agents in Mexico had been put in danger: "They're leaving my guys out in Mexico alone, and they're not doing the right thing."

More damning evidence was presented at a congressional hearing in June 2011, at which emails were revealed showing that Melson had been briefed weekly about Operation Fast and Furious. He had also watched a live video stream of straw purchases in Arizona gun shops intended for the operation. Other emails indicated that a meeting had been held at DOJ consisting of senior officials from the FBI, DEA, and ATF, as well as U.S. Attorneys for all southwestern states, among others.

A lot more here:

Holder's Brainwashing Against Guns Foreshadowed Operation Fast and Furious

Holder should be thrown under the jail for this.

:badgrin:

More law abiding citizens with guns in their hands able to shoot BACK, the less criminals we will have.
:clap2:
congrats...thats the dumbest thing I ever heard :lol:

It sure is....

Encouraging shootouts is the dumbest solution I have ever heard

Liberals just don't get it.

This issue is like most issues liberals don't get.

We need less guns they say, we need more housing for the poor, we nned more healthcare for everyone, we need more education for everyone, ect/...........................

What they never take into consideration is for all there wants, they take other people's freedom away, and the net-net result never works.

You make it harder for people to own guns,. you're taking away thier freedom, and you won't get the results you're looking for.

The hypocrisy is stunning. If the media was doing it's job Holder would be laughed out of Washington for authorizing the shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico, one of which was used to kill a Border Patrol Officer.

:rolleyes:

At the time, handguns were illegal in DC and Holder was trying to discourage illegal gun use to cut down on crime.

The horror!

Another lie by teapee.

You seriously want anyone in government who wants to brainwash people on anything?

You know what works better than arming everyone with guns?

Arming everyone with cell phones. Pull out your gun and you have dozens of people taking your picture

:rofl: That's a good way to get dozens of people shot. I can assure you that if I witness a crime where the perp has a gun and I don't the LAST thing I am going to do is run up and take the guy's picture. Might as well just add me to the body count.

I wasn't aware that Holder said "gangbangers."

He said people. All people.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly. Gun laws do not apply to that segment of the citizenry. Young blacks are apparently not on the Obama administration's radar anyway. Look at the black youth unemployment rate, homicide rate and other black-on-black crime, and the high school drop out rate for evidence of that.

You are right, maybe we need to discourage gun possession in those youths

Or maybe we should instead educate people on why preserving life is important. Teach them to uphold the God given rights of others, instead of trying to take away their right.

Yeah, that's really going to work. You want to discourage them using guns in crimes.

Arm those they prey on to SHOOT BACK. Most thugs and criminals are cowards. They one thing they don't want is anyone that can shoot back.

Thus, home invasions go down every time you allow citizens to carry guns and they go UP when you take that right away.

So....let's get this straight TPS

You are acknowledging that illegal guns and crime are a major problem with this group in Washington DC........yet you started a thread about Holder trying to "Brainwash" these poor young people

So you are perfectly alright with a government bureaucrat who desire to brainwash you?

So much for free thinking on the left.

Actually no...

Only an idiot thinks that encouraging shoot-outs in our streets is a good idea

Then stop chiming in and educate yourself.

You know what works better than arming everyone with guns?

Arming everyone with cell phones. Pull out your gun and you have dozens of people taking your picture

:rofl: That's a good way to get dozens of people shot. I can assure you that if I witness a crime where the perp has a gun and I don't the LAST thing I am going to do is run up and take the guy's picture. Might as well just add me to the body count.

The majority of employers tell their workers that in the event of a robbery, they do NOT want them to resist. Better to hand over a few hundred dollars than to have someone shot in your place of business

Our crime rate is decreasing not because more citizens have guns, but because there are more cameras out there. I see stories every week where they post the picture of some robber or rapist and they arrest him a few days later. I rarely see a story where some armed civilian apprehended a criminal

The problem here is how Holder went about it.

Giving guns to Mexican drug lords is how he did it and his apologists figure it's an acceptable risk. They got caught and now they're trying to cover it up.

Exactly. Gun laws do not apply to that segment of the citizenry. Young blacks are apparently not on the Obama administration's radar anyway. Look at the black youth unemployment rate, homicide rate and other black-on-black crime, and the high school drop out rate for evidence of that.

Or maybe we should instead educate people on why preserving life is important. Teach them to uphold the God given rights of others, instead of trying to take away their right.

Jesus is the answer

Breitbart.com has uncovered video from 1995 of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder announcing a public campaign to "really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

Holder added that he had asked advertising agencies in the nation's capital to assist by making anti-gun ads rather than commercials "that make me buy things that I don't really need." He had also approached local newspapers and television stations, he said, asking them to devote prime space and time, respectively, to his anti-gun campaign.

More here: The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

Video here: Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People Against Guns

And that people, was what "Fast and Furious" was about. It was to "brainwash" people against Guns. And that why there is such foot dragging about getting to the bottom of Fast and Furious. It was obviously meant to turn the American people against guns. It backfired and they know it leads right to Holder, here is the Smoking Gun (pun intended) that tells us the ideology behind Holder's actions.

Reminds me of Energy secretary Chu saying "we need to have european style gas prices in order to push people into different forms of energy"

Also reminds me of obama saying "Under my plan energy prices will necessarily skyrocket under my plan" (in an effort to push people to different forms of energy...i put this in () as its a paraphrase of the speech)

Don't start looking into Cass Sunstein! OMG.

The majority of employers tell their workers that in the event of a robbery, they do NOT want them to resist. Better to hand over a few hundred dollars than to have someone shot in your place of business

Our crime rate is decreasing not because more citizens have guns, but because there are more cameras out there. I see stories every week where they post the picture of some robber or rapist and they arrest him a few days later. I rarely see a story where some armed civilian apprehended a criminal

The crime rate is going down and has been since the mid 90s. Security cameras are a part of the reason why, but cell phones are not. In reality we don't know why crime rates are dropping.

“The last three years have been a contrarian’s delight — just when you expect the bananas to hit the fan,” said Mr. Zimring, a visiting law professor at New York University and the author of a coming book on the decline in the city’s crime rate.

But he said there was no way to know why — at least not yet.

“The only thing that is reassuring being in a room full of crime experts now is that they are as puzzled as I am,” he said.
"

But tell you what RW...the next time you see someone pull out a gun and commit a crime, you feel free to pull out your cell phone and snap his picture. I would advise you to consider whether you have updated your will first, but by all means go for it.

Read:

US crime rate is down: six key reasons - CSMonitor.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24crime.html

Holder is an anti constitution stooge that works for obama. Both hate America.

The sooner these two buffoons are gone, the better off America will be.

Forum List

Back