Hold the Bacon: In January Pork Will Be a Food of the Elite in California

Poor California. Gee… that is too bad. Enjoy your tofu, Californians.

California will require spacious accommodations for pigs come January if shipped there. Only 4% comply to the requirements in pork producing areas.

The good news is the rest of us will be enjoying cheap carne asadas and pulled pork sandwiches.

Some of us believe that SARS-CoV-2’s most ancient ancestor is a pig virus, so Cali is the state to watch for many pathologies Including this one.

It is common, nay, very available, where markets are more free to operate than in the Trudeau absurdity.

My wording wasn't clear. Of course traditional bacon is common, lol, it's everywhere. I meant to convey that I personally don't eat it as much as when I was a kid when it was put on my plate by my parents. I don't eat bacon much at all really, maybe twice a year.

How much do you guys pay for peameal bacon in the U.S?

Prices of all meat have gone up, from time to time, I can get peameal bacon for about $4/lb or so Canadian. The only time I buy it is when it's on sale for half that price as I try to avoid red meat. It's uncut, comes in a small block, plastic wrapped.

Knowing our system, I wouldn't even be surprised if you pay less even though it's imported.
What the fuck is peameal bacon?

I thought we were the greatest nation on Earth?
Cali is a shithole with high prices and high poverty/over crowded class rooms/etc ..Dems are turning the USA into a shithole

1631972586459.png

Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment for the poor pigs. Intentionally lulling them to joyful bliss and presumed safety then slaughtering them. Liberals are evil.

Poor California. Gee… that is too bad. Enjoy your tofu, Californians.

California will require spacious accommodations for pigs come January if shipped there. Only 4% comply to the requirements in pork producing areas.

The good news is the rest of us will be enjoying cheap carne asadas and pulled pork sandwiches.

1631972895170.png

Listen, just look how crowded this pig pen is. These types of living conditions are inhumane and need to stop!!!!

Cheap food is not worth the price of abusing animals. This should be done everywhere. I am happy to pay a little more so that the animal is not treated the way many are treated.
And what makes you think animals will be humanely slaughtered for food?

FYI humane slaughter is an oxymoron

And what makes you think animals will be humanely slaughtered for food?

FYI humane slaughter is an oxymoron

We are discussing the way they are kept. If you wish to provide an argument as to how they are slaughtered, do so.

What you did was ask me a question about something that wasn't being discussed. I don't disagree that all aspects should be looked at.
Tell me what difference does it make if a pig has 3 feet more space if it's still going to the gas chamber?

Tell me what difference does it make if a pig has 3 feet more space if it's still going to the gas chamber?

I do not believe in just giving them three more feet. If you want to argue we should not consume animals at all, I respect that argument but it's never going to happen.

Cheap food is not worth the price of abusing animals. This should be done everywhere. I am happy to pay a little more so that the animal is not treated the way many are treated.
Animal abuse is a crime, even in Cali.

You can raise livestock and not abuse them or commit a crime.

It seems like the dems in Cali simply want to make it harder for the working man to literally bring home the bacon

Forum List

Back