Hold the Bacon: In January Pork Will Be a Food of the Elite in California

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Poor California. Gee… that is too bad. Enjoy your tofu, Californians.

California will require spacious accommodations for pigs come January if shipped there. Only 4% comply to the requirements in pork producing areas.

The good news is the rest of us will be enjoying cheap carne asadas and pulled pork sandwiches.

pork.jpg

Abuse? Why does California wait two years instead of arresting the animal abusers?

No idea what you are rambling about. Whatever else they may have done has no bearing on my thoughts here on treating animals.

How much do you guys pay for peameal bacon in the U.S?

Prices of all meat have gone up, from time to time, I can get peameal bacon for about $4/lb or so Canadian. The only time I buy it is when it's on sale for half that price as I try to avoid red meat. It's uncut, comes in a small block, plastic wrapped.

Knowing our system, I wouldn't even be surprised if you pay less even though it's imported.

Poor California. Gee… that is too bad. Enjoy your tofu, Californians.

California will require spacious accommodations for pigs come January if shipped there. Only 4% comply to the requirements in pork producing areas.

The good news is the rest of us will be enjoying cheap carne asadas and pulled pork sandwiches.

""Bringing home the Bacon"" has now been elevated to a new, more intrinsically social meaning.

How much do you guys pay for peameal bacon in the U.S?

Prices of all meat have gone up, from time to time, I can get peameal bacon for about $4/lb or so Canadian. The only time I buy it is when it's on sale for half that price as I try to avoid red meat. It's uncut, comes in a small block, plastic wrapped.

Knowing our system, I wouldn't even be surprised if you pay less even though it's imported.
Not hard to make the stuff actually.... just takes some refrigerator space and patience..... I suspect more people will be doing that now.

JO

Cheap food is not worth the price of abusing animals. This should be done everywhere. I am happy to pay a little more so that the animal is not treated the way many are treated.
Cities that have half the people living in permanent poverty will love the extra taxes on other show move out of the insanity for your beliefs. This is like death by a thousand cuts for all of every ones agendas. And the suckers who are boring and family oriented are the biggest suckers in human history. Separate the nation into a loose federation of states. Out of mercy.

Cheap food is not worth the price of abusing animals. This should be done everywhere. I am happy to pay a little more so that the animal is not treated the way many are treated.
HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHH woooooohooooooooooooo
..in the end, they are DEAD--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..they are not treated any better with these dumbass rules

Not hard to make the stuff actually.... just takes some refrigerator space and patience..... I suspect more people will be doing that now.

JO

Oh, I always thought it was a particular cut of pork, not just the way it is treated.

Maybe I'm wrong. I've never been a big fan of it, I prefer traditional bacon, when I have it at all (which is very rare now, but was far more common when I was a kid).

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHH woooooohooooooooooooo
..in the end, they are DEAD--!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..they are not treated any better with these dumbass rules

Oh, I always thought it was a particular cut of pork, not just the way it is treated.

Maybe I'm wrong. I've never been a big fan of it, I prefer traditional bacon, when I have it at all (which is very rare now, but was far more common when I was a kid).

I know some folks who use a solar cure box.... saves on the propane.

JO

It is common, nay, very available, where markets are more free to operate than in the Trudeau absurdity.

you did a major fk up--if you REALLY cared, you would not eat meat at all

Forum List

Back