Hobbies?

You do the body work?

And do you like that rust killer that turns black? Kinda of like cold gun blueing.

Yes, and that stuff is great.

does primer adhere well to it?

I have been a mechanic of necessity all of my life but not much body work experience. A bit with fiberglass on boats though.

Yes it does, i like using fiberglass as well as bondo. but if the metal is to far gone then i replace it.

I run away from home during the summer and live here:

Are you retired Sam or?... Cause something like that is what I wanna do when I retire.
mMaybe a few more frills but definitely nothin fancy.

No, not retired. I work in Wyoming. Little windy, but perfect for camping and fishing during the summer.

The 80 reviewes of the truck tent make it sound pretty simple to put up and take down, and being off the ground has many advantages. I don't want to put some camper-top on because driving through Wyoming with the damn thing in a 60mph crosswind of blowing snow gets a little hairy, plus, I have to remove it to haul mulch, rocks, elk, or whatever.

I figure I can fit a pretty nice cot in the back, put down some carpet remainants, run a 12 V AC converter from the cab, and watch DVD's on my laptop whilst I'm not cooking Rainbow Trout next to the Miracle Mile of the North Platte River.

$napier_cliptent.gif

How about this?

Anybody got a really cool hobby? I've just started collecting belly button lint. It's really a fun hobby and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money.
Seeing as how you're the closest thing to an expert I've been able to find, maybe you can answer this question that's been plaguing me for decades:

How come I can wear a burgundy or maroon polo shirt all day and then find BLUE lint in my belly button??

Ceramics.....

We have a complete shop here in the house. I get one little corner in the "work room" ad the rest is shelves of Bisque, paints and finished ceramic pieces. We must have about 500 different Molds. And both the Mrs and I enjoy painting the pieces.

And I suppose you could call the American legion a hobby. Though the higher I go in the organization the more time I end up spending on those projects. Still, I do enjoy it. And it is still an honor to do the honor squad at funerals or like today for a monument to a soldier who died in Nam.

Next I get to write the Ceremony for Memorial Day.

VW's are crap since the origional beetle.

Volkswagen Beetle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My first bug was a 1958.

that was what 36hp?

I had a 70 bug.
As long as you changed oil regular and did not adjust the valves hot they would run forever. Heater sort of sucked....

No mine was the 40hp. I've got a 71 i'm turning into a vw prowler. Chopped off the top, installed an MG windshield, Added individual fenders on front with headlights built in.

Forum List

Back