Hobbies?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Anybody got a really cool hobby? I've just started collecting belly button lint. It's really a fun hobby and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money.

lint1.jpg

I read and play poker. Not sure if those would be considered "cool". :lol:

This sucks. I used to play guitar and do a lot of outdoorsy shit. Now I'm a lump.

Maybe I'll get me a membership to a workout facility or something.

I collect teapots and teacups....I guess I'm longing for another time, when people actually had "teatime". I do use them as I drink a lot of tea and a lot of different kinds of tea. I gave my cousin's daughters bridal shower and it was a tea. I was talking to my friend yesterday, if times were better, I think we might consider opening a tea shop.

I certainly have most of the supplies....:lol:

I collect teapots and teacups....I guess I'm longing for another time, when people actually had "teatime". I do use them as I drink a lot of tea and a lot of different kinds of tea. I gave my cousin's daughters bridal shower and it was a tea. I was talking to my friend yesterday, if times were better, I think we might consider opening a tea shop.

I collect teapots, but I don't drink tea.

My wife just had a tea party at our house yesterday. It was very English. I ordered some supplies from England for her several weeks ago. I got her two different brands of scone mix. Some real clotted cream and strawberry jam that was actually imported from England. The actually tea was an English brand name. She made cucumber sandwiches, tea cakes, the scones and Walker's shortbread from Scotland. She broke out the very fancy but rarely used china and silver and had a lay-out that looked like something the Queen herself would have put together. Then all the "ladies" began to arrive. I ran to hide in my computer room with the door shut. It sounded like a real honest to God hen house here yesterday afternoon. Like you, my wife loves tea. She doesn't drink coffee at all but indulges in tea like a real English lady. She says tea party was a big success... I wouldn't know. I'm still sweeping feathers out from the dining room that they turned into a hen house yesterday.

Last edited:

A closet Tea Party person?

I drink Tea, mostly green tea. I got to liking it while in China several years back.

My hobbies...
Reading
Electronics
Target shooting
floating in the pool, I wouldn't call it swimming really.
Gardening, but that is being turned over to the grandchildren.
And typing on here.

Past hobbies...
Hiking and backpacking.
Dancing
Boating, fishing and waterskiing.
Riding motorcycles. On and offroad, offroad was more fun.

Last edited:

I drink Tea, mostly green tea. I got to liking it while in China several years back.

There is nothing like Japanese green tea, first pickings, from Shizoka (sp?). I want more, but have lost touch with my friend that lives there. I drink two cups of Japanese green tea every morning.

There is nothing like Japanese green tea, first pickings, from Shizoka (sp?). I want more, but have lost touch with my friend that lives there. I drink two cups of Japanese green tea every morning.

I have a friend in China that sends me Tea from time to time.
Don't know what kind it is, I can't read Chinese.
But it is for sure green ;)

I send her some Bourbon.

I got a DVD collection. I love movies off all kinds.

Yeah I like movies as well, mostly Sci Fi and action.

Ohh and my library of books is about 2,000 or so now.
I have the largest collection of Sci fi books of anyone I know of including the local library.

Last edited:

I have a friend in China that sends me Tea from time to time.
Don't know what kind it is, I can't read Chinese.
But it is for sure green ;)

I send her some Bourbon.

:lol: the first time I gave my sister green tea just just looked at it and said, "It's, it's green!". As an original trekkie, I had a big laugh.

Strange thing is I only like hot green tea, I do not like iced tea at all.

I had a great tea party with a niece a while back. She was a great pretender and of course no tea was involved.
I made a horrible face at my first sip of the imaginary tea and said, what no sugar?
Boy did she suck that up. And hustle to add imaginary sugar.
We had a grand time. Her imaginary cookies were fantastic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back