"HOAX"

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019

About the Book:

"While other leaders were marshaling resources to combat the greatest pandemic in modern history, President Donald Trump was watching TV. Trump watches over six hours of Fox News a day, a habit his staff refers to as “executive time.” In January 2020, when Fox News began to downplay COVID-19, the President was quick to agree. In March, as the deadly virus spiraled out of control, Sean Hannity mocked “coronavirus hysteria” as a “new hoax” from the left. Millions of Americans took Hannity and Trump's words as truth—until some of them started to get sick.

"In Hoax, CNN anchor and chief media correspondent Brian Stelter tells the twisted story of the relationship between Donald Trump and Fox News. From the moment Trump glided down the golden escalator to announce his candidacy in the 2016 presidential election to his acquittal on two articles of impeachment in early 2020, Fox hosts spread his lies and smeared his enemies. Over the course of two years, Stelter spoke with over 250 current and former Fox insiders in an effort to understand the inner workings of Rupert Murdoch's multibillion-dollar media empire. Some of the confessions are alarming. “We don't really believe all this stuff,” a producer says. “We just tell other people to believe it.”

"At the center of the story lies Sean Hannity, a college dropout who, following the death of Fox News mastermind Roger Ailes, reigns supreme at the network that pays him $30 million a year. Stelter describes the raging tensions inside Fox between the Trump loyalists and the few remaining journalists. He reveals why former chief news anchor Shep Smith resigned in disgust in 2019; why a former anchor said “if I stay here I’ll get cancer;” and how Trump has exploited the leadership vacuum at the top to effectively seize control of the network.

"Including never before reported details, Hoax exposes the media personalities who, though morally bankrupt, profit outrageously by promoting the President’s propaganda and radicalizing the American right. It is a book for anyone who reads the news and wonders: How did this happen?"

Truuuummmmpppp!

hqdefault.jpg

About the Book:

"While other leaders were marshaling resources to combat the greatest pandemic in modern history, President Donald Trump was watching TV. Trump watches over six hours of Fox News a day, a habit his staff refers to as “executive time.” In January 2020, when Fox News began to downplay COVID-19, the President was quick to agree. In March, as the deadly virus spiraled out of control, Sean Hannity mocked “coronavirus hysteria” as a “new hoax” from the left. Millions of Americans took Hannity and Trump's words as truth—until some of them started to get sick.

"In Hoax, CNN anchor and chief media correspondent Brian Stelter tells the twisted story of the relationship between Donald Trump and Fox News. From the moment Trump glided down the golden escalator to announce his candidacy in the 2016 presidential election to his acquittal on two articles of impeachment in early 2020, Fox hosts spread his lies and smeared his enemies. Over the course of two years, Stelter spoke with over 250 current and former Fox insiders in an effort to understand the inner workings of Rupert Murdoch's multibillion-dollar media empire. Some of the confessions are alarming. “We don't really believe all this stuff,” a producer says. “We just tell other people to believe it.”

"At the center of the story lies Sean Hannity, a college dropout who, following the death of Fox News mastermind Roger Ailes, reigns supreme at the network that pays him $30 million a year. Stelter describes the raging tensions inside Fox between the Trump loyalists and the few remaining journalists. He reveals why former chief news anchor Shep Smith resigned in disgust in 2019; why a former anchor said “if I stay here I’ll get cancer;” and how Trump has exploited the leadership vacuum at the top to effectively seize control of the network.

"Including never before reported details, Hoax exposes the media personalities who, though morally bankrupt, profit outrageously by promoting the President’s propaganda and radicalizing the American right. It is a book for anyone who reads the news and wonders: How did this happen?"
4catwz.jpg

Congrats bro!

Anyone, as with the OP, who extends a jot of credibility to CNN, and this Stelter, let alone exhibits excitation over book or opinion penned by the latter, has serious fucking mental health issues and probably belongs in a state institution, bearing a probate designation of "mentally ill and vulnerable!" :th_BlackHelicopter:

• Banned

About the Book:

4catwz.jpg

Congrats bro!

Only stupid people continue to use the TDS response. Stupid, uneducated & anti intellectual.

• Banned
Anyone, as with the OP, who extends a jot of credibility to CNN, and this Stelter, let alone exhibits excitation over book or opinion penned by the latter, has serious fucking mental health issues and probably belongs in a state institution, bearing a probate designation of "mentally ill and vulnerable!" :th_BlackHelicopter:

Hey a double Idiot-gram ^^^, variety two ad hominem's within one rant.

For the record:

"It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice":

“ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

"When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech."

" In interviews Trump gave in the 1980s and 1990s (with Tom Brokaw, David Letterman, Oprah Winfrey, Charlie Rose, and others), he spoke articulately, used sophisticated vocabulary, inserted dependent clauses into his sentences without losing his train of thought, and strung together sentences into a polished paragraph, which — and this is no mean feat — would have scanned just fine in print."

"Now, Trump’s vocabulary is simpler. He repeats himself over and over, and lurches from one subject to an unrelated one, as in this answer during an interview with the Associated Press last month:

“People want the border wall. My base definitely wants the border wall, my base really wants it — you’ve been to many of the rallies. OK, the thing they want more than anything is the wall. My base, which is a big base; I think my base is 45 percent. You know, it’s funny. The Democrats, they have a big advantage in the Electoral College. Big, big, big advantage. … The Electoral College is very difficult for a Republican to win, and I will tell you, the people want to see it. They want to see the wall.”

There are many other examples posted in the link, and for those of us who watch and listen to Trump, dozens and dozens more comments which seem to be word salad. The RW want to characterize VP Biden as mentally problematic, using his stutter and phrases they interpret out of context. This post is fair, and is an analysis of Trump's odd linguistic remarks in full context.

‘Trump watches over six hours of Fox News a day, a habit his staff refers to as “executive time.”’ ibid

This is the consequence of placing in the Oval Office someone unprepared and unfit to be president, someone who has no understanding of sound, responsible governance.

‘Trump watches over six hours of Fox News a day, a habit his staff refers to as “executive time.”’ ibid

This is the consequence of placing in the Oval Office someone unprepared and unfit to be president, someone who has no understanding of sound, responsible governance.
Why, you're jealous, Jones!

About the Book:

4catwz.jpg

Congrats bro!

Only stupid people continue to use the TDS response. Stupid, uneducated & anti intellectual.
No dude you have tds

What is it with these lefties? They have ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, the NYT and WAPO but they are hysterical about fair and balanced Fox News. You can't dispute the fact that Fox news anchor Chris Wallace is a hard hitting interviewer who doesn't give the President any breaks. Compare that to the softball questions Anderson Cooper throws at Biden. Fox has articulate leftie Juan Williams on discussion panels. Does any liberal leaning alphabet network have even a token conservative? The answer is a resounding no. The left does not tolerate fair and balanced information.

Forum List

Back