History shows Religion is the only force against totalitarian state domination of your entire being

Interesting.

I will start a whole new thread on this and get feedback from Catholics

But from my studies, this is a flat out lie. Everything I've heard from the official position of the Catholic church is that abortion is infantacide.

Feel free to give any links that support your assertion.
"infanticide" is not exactly "genocide." so i'll recalibrate for that goal post. first thought:

catholics do not hold funerals for miscarriages.

Yeah, God made child-torturers and practicers of bestiality, you dumb pervert
Lust and depravity are a cancer in your decaying ;mind

Do have any fact based things you'd like to tell us or are you going to continue to spew hate, lies and your own personal fears that you're a homosexual, on the rest of us????

All I'm reading is the insane rantings of someone who needs to take her meds and shut the fuck up.

You may have an interest in something, but largely have no respect for it and thus no real knowledge about it.

That is why we have scientists like Dawkins writing books like the God Delusion that theologians laugh at, because he has no expertise on what he is talking about, and why you have theologians creating such things as the Creation museum that says the earth was made in 7 literal days, as scientists like Dawkins laugh at them. Both are commenting on things they have no expertise in and have no real respect for.

Just understand that much. The only interest Dawkins had in religion or the theologian had in science was to tear the other down.

I will assume here for a second your only interest is not to tear down theology.

So, tell us what you know of Biblical slavery.

Was it the same as the slavery in America, for example?
You say someting that has no true witnesses in history is 'demonstrably false"
what a moron!! If what you say is true it can't be demonstrably anything , true or false. What a moron
1712238356086.png

Do have any fact based things you'd like to tell us or are you going to continue to spew hate, lies and your own personal fears that you're a homosexual, on the rest of us????

All I'm reading is the insane rantings of someone who needs to take her meds and shut the fuck up.
Homosexual who uses foul language but says others should shut up

1712238480720.png

One must ignore most of the Middle East to make this claim.

Combining religion and politics is a lousy idea, regardless of the attempted spin to support it.

There is no shortage of examples of this.
What?

So, several on here objected with objections that the world scholar on this topic has dealt with Michael Burleigh, so to him I turn

Historically, of course, as has been pointed out by such thinkers as Marcel Gauchet and George Weigel Christianity had much to do with the notion of the autonomous, sacrosanct individual, with the preservation of a sphere beyond the state that anticipated civil society, with the notion of elected leadership, and with holding rulers accountable to higher powers.

On the eve of the Bolshevik coup d'état, the Orthodox Church claimed a hundred million adherents, two hundred thousand priests and monks, seventy-five thousand churches and chapels, over eleven hundred monasteries, thirty-seven thousand primary schools, fifty-seven seminaries and four university-level academies, not to speak of thousands of hospitals, old people’s homes and orphanages. Within a few years, the intuitional structures were swept away, the churches were desolated, vandalized or put to secular use. Many of the clergy were imprisoned or shot; appropriately enough the first concentration camp of the gulag was opened in a monastery in Artic regions.

The Austrian Catholic newspaper Volkswohl even parodied life in a future Nazi state in a manner that seems extraordinarily prescient. Every newborn baby’s hereditary history would be checked by a Racial-Hygienic Institute; the unfit or sickly would be sterilised or killed; dedicated ‘Aryan’ Catholics would be persecuted: ‘The demonic cries out from this movement; masses of the tempted go to their doom under the Satan’s sun. If we Catholics want to save ourselves, then I can never be in a pact with these forces.’

Christianity regarded all earthly existence as transient, while the Nazi thought in terms of rendering life eternal through a sort of biological Great Chain of Being. The individual was nothing, but the racial collective would endure through the aeons

The Enabling Law permitted the government to pass budgets and promulgate laws, including those altering the constitution, for four years without parliamentary approval. In democracies, constitutional amendments are especially solemn moments; here they were easier than changing the traffic regulations. None of the guarantees Hitler extended to the Churches or the judiciary in his address to the Reichstag amounted to a hill of beans.

"infanticide" is not exactly "genocide." so i'll recalibrate for that goal post. first thought:

catholics do not hold funerals for miscarriages.
What...........wut?

Killing infants is better than killing adults?

I've never heard of this line of reasoning.

Can you expand on this moral reasoning and do others hold your views?

You say someting that has no true witnesses in history is 'demonstrably false"
what a moron!! If what you say is true it can't be demonstrably anything , true or false. What a moron
View attachment 927076
You are calling me a moron for what exactly?

Using your words other than just calling me names would just be like amazing!

One must ignore most of the Middle East to make this claim.

Combining religion and politics is a lousy idea, regardless of the attempted spin to support it.

There is no shortage of examples of this.
Christianity has learned their lesson in this, but I'm afraid Islam cannot do this do to insisting on Sharia law

You might even say the Islamic religion is more of a political ideology than religion. Spirituality is devoid of the religion, just fighting for political power is the name of the game.

That is why most terrorist organizations around the world are Islamic.

Christianity has learned their lesson in this, but I'm afraid Islam cannot do this do to insisting on Sharia law

You might even say the Islamic religion is more of a political ideology than religion. Spirituality is devoid of the religion, just fighting for political power is the name of the game.

That is why most terrorist organizations around the world are Islamic.
Christianity's representatives are so awful and so dishonest and so hypocritical that they do not deserve a theocracy.

Especially now that so much of the religion has sold its soul to the most obvious con man the country has ever seen.

Fix Christianity, then get back to me.

What...........wut?

Killing infants is better than killing adults?

I've never heard of this line of reasoning.

Can you expand on this moral reasoning and do others hold your views?
did i say infantacide was a good thing? abortion is not my issue or my business. it is between a family and their god. not the oppressive boot of the state, or someone else's church.

Christianity's representatives are so awful and so dishonest and so hypocritical that they do not deserve a theocracy.

Especially now that so much of the religion has sold its soul to the most obvious con man the country has ever seen.

Really? So those outside the religion are less dishonest and hypocritical?

That is key in the difference between the philosophy of the Left and normal people. Normal reasoning people look around at the world and understand that dishonesty and being hypocritical is merely the human condition, but those on the Left insist that there exists moral super humans that can be trusted with ever increasing centralized power.

did i say infantacide was a good thing? abortion is not my issue or my business. it is between a family and their god. not the oppressive boot of the state, or someone else's church.
Abortion is as much of an issue and relevant to you as was slavery or the rounding up of Jews for extermination in the past.

Try again.

The problem is, you don't want to deal with it because you don't want to go down the road of critiquing your political cult you are in.

They must be defended at all costs.

Fix Christianity?

Make them perfect and then you will believe?

If we made them perfect, it would be evidence that the Bible is a lie.

:auiqs.jpg:

The right hand man of Jesus, Peter, denied him 3 times to save his own neck after telling Jesus a few hours before he would give his life for him.

Yes dear friends, Peter was dishonest. He was dishonest to others and more importantly to himself.

Oh well, throw away everything he stood for and fought for in his life cuz its all poo now!!

Right Mac?

Last edited:
Really? So those outside the religion are less dishonest and hypocritical?

That is key in the difference between the philosophy of the Left and normal people. Normal reasoning people look around at the world and understand that dishonesty and being hypocritical is merely the human condition, but those on the Left insist that there exists moral super humans that can be trusted with ever increasing centralized power.
I can't control your fantasies.

I've had enough of phoney Christians, amply represented here.

Fix Christianity?

Make them perfect and then you will believe?

If we made them perfect, it would be evidence that the Bible is a lie.

:auiqs.jpg:

The right hand man of Jesus, Peter, denied him 3 times to save his own neck after telling Jesus a few hours before he would give his life for him.

Yes dear friends, Peter was dishonest. He was dishonest to others and more importantly to himself.

Oh well, throw away everything he stood for and fought for in his life cuz its all poo now!!

Right Mac?
And again, you make things up. YOU said "perfect", I didn't.

This is another example of why I no longer bother here.

Dismissed.

Then you ARE saying 'it is not taking a human life"
you mindless clod

And again, you make things up. YOU said "perfect", I didn't.

This is another example of why I no longer bother here.

Dismissed.
You think that Joe Biden has more integrity and less of a hypocrite than Saint Peter

Admit it!!

Forum List

Back