History is repeating itself

I thought this might be a thread about how one profoundly damaged, arrogant, pugilistic, white, authoritarian, nationalist man can somehow gain the aggressive, unconditional adoration of millions of people who enable all of his worst impulses and actions by refusing to hold him accountable for anything. The world saw this play out 80, 90 years ago, and it's stunning that we're seeing it again, in America, of all places. This is un-American.

But yes, our hardcore (Regressive) Left has systematically been ignoring and mocking the most liberal of all American values, Freedom of Expression. America is the last country on the planet that should have a populace that is afraid to express itself for fear of literal punishment and damage to their very lives. The last country on the planet that should have a populace that feels intimidated from speaking its mind in the first place. This is un-American.

The two ends of our spectrum, as they currently exist, are killing us. In real time, as we watch. They're suffocating America and shattering its uniqueness with their tribalism, egos, narcissism, hubris and actions.

Self-inflicted wound.

Here is the thing. If the left-extreme gain full control they can and will fundamentally change the US forever. They will expand the Supreme Court so they can stack it, they will likely attemp to remove the electoral college, decrease border control, give illegals free healthcare creating a huge increase in illegal border crossings, raise taxes on the working classes(not the ultra-wealthy, they have many ways to offset income), etc. Anyone who has actually thought it through can recognize the dangeres of letting a party like that gain control.

The problem is the hatred for Trump, the man, as evidenced your first paragraph. It is a very childish way of determining how to vote, like voting for the popular kid running for elementary school class president who promises free pizza on Fridays instead of the kid who has actual plans that will work to help the school. You guys can't get out of elementary school. It is a sad plight, but God knows you can't tell anything to pretensious liberals who think they know everything.
Thank you. :)

I thought this might be a thread about how one profoundly damaged, arrogant, pugilistic, white, authoritarian, nationalist man can somehow gain the aggressive, unconditional adoration of millions of people who enable all of his worst impulses and actions by refusing to hold him accountable for anything. The world saw this play out 80, 90 years ago, and it's stunning that we're seeing it again, in America, of all places. This is un-American.

But yes, our hardcore (Regressive) Left has systematically been ignoring and mocking the most liberal of all American values, Freedom of Expression. America is the last country on the planet that should have a populace that is afraid to express itself for fear of literal punishment and damage to their very lives. The last country on the planet that should have a populace that feels intimidated from speaking its mind in the first place. This is un-American.

The two ends of our spectrum, as they currently exist, are killing us. In real time, as we watch. They're suffocating America and shattering its uniqueness with their tribalism, egos, narcissism, hubris and actions.

Self-inflicted wound.

Here is the thing. If the left-extreme gain full control they can and will fundamentally change the US forever. They will expand the Supreme Court so they can stack it, they will likely attemp to remove the electoral college, decrease border control, give illegals free healthcare creating a huge increase in illegal border crossings, raise taxes on the working classes(not the ultra-wealthy, they have many ways to offset income), etc. Anyone who has actually thought it through can recognize the dangeres of letting a party like that gain control.

The problem is the hatred for Trump, the man, as evidenced your first paragraph. It is a very childish way of determining how to vote, like voting for the popular kid running for elementary school class president who promises free pizza on Fridays instead of the kid who has actual plans that will work to help the school. You guys can't get out of elementary school. It is a sad plight, but God knows you can't tell anything to pretensious liberals who think they know everything.
Or, we just disagree with his observable behaviors, impulses and actions.

But you can certainly run with the story that you are provided in your reality.

You still don't get it. I don't care about this behavior. I care about results. Evidently many care more about form over substance..tricked by a pretty face or a slick talker. I am not that person.
Somehow you didn't see the word "actions" in my post. That is "substance".

I can't force you to read what I write.
:auiqs.jpg:
You had to do that again? Weird.

Let's see you try to put a few intelligent words together and provide some kind of thoughtful response to my post.

It would be very interesting to watch you try.
YAWN..........................................................................................................................................;)

Self-inflicted wound.

You still don't get it. I don't care about this behavior. I care about results. Evidently many care more about form over substance..tricked by a pretty face or a slick talker. I am not that person.

:auiqs.jpg:
You had to do that again? Weird.

Let's see you try to put a few intelligent words together and provide some kind of thoughtful response to my post.

It would be very interesting to watch you try.
YAWN..........................................................................................................................................;)
Good thing I wasn't holding my breath!

Self-inflicted wound.

I would love to know what "actions" you believe a Biden/Harris presidency would be good for our country and what "actions" Trump has taken that are bad for our country. You know it all boils down to your personal animosity for Trump. The vast majority of Trump haters couldn't name more than a few specfic policies with which they disagree. I can name MANY just off the top of my head for Biden/Harris.

Self-inflicted wound.

I would love to know what "actions" you believe a Biden/Harris presidency will be good for our country and what "actions" Trump has taken that are bad for our country. You know it all boils down to your personal animosity for Trump. The vast majority of Trump haters couldn't name more than a few specfic policies with which they disagree. I can name MANY just off the top of my head for Biden/Harris.
I don't know why you guys keep asking this question. The two parties have clear differences on THE ISSUES.

Some people agree more with the GOP on THE ISSUES, others agree with the Dems more on THE ISSUES.

I don't know how much simpler I can make it, than that.

What can I do here?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The right has created the antifa and BLM.

For starters, this is complete rubbish. It is an excuse to justify bad behaviour. Liberals were evidently never spanked as children.

Just for the sake of argument, what specifically has the right or Trump done to force Antifa and BLM to loot and destroy? You stated "and equal and opposite reaction", so whatever it is, it must be pretty bad.

For starters, this is complete rubbish. It is an excuse to justify bad behaviour. Liberals were evidently never spanked as children.

Just for the sake of argument, what specifically has the right or Trump done to force Antifa and BLM to loot and destroy? You stated "and equal and opposite reaction", so whatever it is, it must be pretty bad.

He is a divider in chief and it started when a black became Potus.

Self-inflicted wound.

I would love to know what "actions" you believe a Biden/Harris presidency will be good for our country and what "actions" Trump has taken that are bad for our country. You know it all boils down to your personal animosity for Trump. The vast majority of Trump haters couldn't name more than a few specfic policies with which they disagree. I can name MANY just off the top of my head for Biden/Harris.
I don't know why you guys keep asking this question. The two parties have clear differences on THE ISSUES.

Some people agree more with the GOP on THE ISSUES, others agree with the Dems more on THE ISSUES.

What can I do here?

If you agree with more of the Biden/Harris fiscal platform, then you are just ignorant. From my experience, most who agree with liberal policies do so because social issues are at the top of their priority list. Maybe that is you.

Self-inflicted wound.

What can I do here?

If you agree with more of the Biden/Harris fiscal platform, then you are just ignorant. From my experience, most who agree with liberal policies do so because social issues are at the top of their priority list. Maybe that is you.
I know you believe that. There's nothing I can do there.

And the fiscal platform is just one of several issues.

He is a divider in chief and it started when a black became Potus.

He is called that by the left-wing media because he doesn't coddle the children throwing the tantrums.

Self-inflicted wound.

What can I do here?

I know you believe that. There's nothing I can do there.

And the fiscal platform is just one of several issues.

The fiscal platform of Biden/Harris is more than enough to cause irrepreable damage. Stacking the SC getting rid of the electoral college, illegal immigration are a few others that will bring our country down in short order. I have to wonder how anyone actually studying the issues thinks this platform is good for the US.

I have to wonder how anyone actually studying the issues thinks this platform is good for the US.
No, you don't "have to wonder". I doubt you make any effort to accurately and honestly understand the perspectives of those who disagree with you.

Me, I'm the opposite. I like to have an accurate grasp of both (or more) sides of any issue, so that I can reach a thoughtful conclusion.

To recap: You had been incorrectly led to believe that Trump's childish & embarrassing behaviors were the only reason someone would not vote for him. I patiently pointed out that no, the foundation of disagreement in the election is a profound and significant disagreement on the issues. As it is in virtually all elections.

Clear now?

Last edited:
I thought this might be a thread about how one profoundly damaged, arrogant, pugilistic, white, authoritarian, nationalist man can somehow gain the cult-like, aggressive, unconditional adoration of millions of people who enable all of his worst impulses and actions by refusing to hold him accountable for anything. The world saw this play out 80, 90 years ago, and it's stunning that we're seeing it again, in America, of all places. This is un-American.

Self-inflicted wound.
Ah yes, the "both sides are killing us" mantra.

Well it is true that Trump is the first President to vocally acknowledge and fight the Left wing partisan nature of the press, academia, and most of the federal government as most other Republican Presidents have avoided a coup attempt in the process. And it is equally true that demagogues like John McCain, who ran and voted to end things like Obamacare when Obama was in office knowing he would veto it, but then voting against it when Trump was there to sign it, are accomplices to the Left winged agenda. But then, John got to go out on a good note as the press lavished praise for him when he spoke out against Trump, as where when he ran against Obama he was labeled a racist who depended on his daddy for promotion in the Navy.

Notice no one on the left was decried by the press for such attacks on a "war hero".

I thought this might be a thread about how one profoundly damaged, arrogant, pugilistic, white, authoritarian, nationalist man can somehow gain the cult-like, aggressive, unconditional adoration of millions of people who enable all of his worst impulses and actions by refusing to hold him accountable for anything. The world saw this play out 80, 90 years ago, and it's stunning that we're seeing it again, in America, of all places. This is un-American.

Self-inflicted wound.

Well it is true that Trump is the first President to vocally acknowledge and fight the Left wing partisan nature of the press, academia, and most of the federal government as most other Republican Presidents have avoided a coup attempt in the process. And it is equally true that demagogues like John McCain, who ran and voted to end things like Obamacare when Obama was in office knowing he would veto it, but then voting against it when Trump was there to sign it, are accomplices to the Left winged agenda. But then, John got to go out on a good note as the press lavished praise for him when he spoke out against Trump, as where when he ran against Obama he was labeled a racist who depended on his daddy for promotion in the Navy.

Notice no one on the left was decried by the press for such attacks on a "war hero".
And, of course, wingers on both sides only see the faults of the other.

Self-inflicted wound.

Everyone has faults, except me of course.

But to call out an obvious Left wing surge of power that is comparable to other historical examples of similar surges in power is met with accusations that Trump is just as bad cuz Orange man is bad.

So I will ask you, what are the worst things Trump has done in your opinion?

Self-inflicted wound.

But to call out an obvious Left wing surge of power that is comparable to other historical examples of similar surges in power is met with accusations that Trump is just as bad cuz Orange man is bad.

Worst in which context, behavioral or political?

Too much to choose from otherwise.

Self-inflicted wound.

Worst in which context, behavioral or political?

Too much to choose from otherwise.
You pick, what are the top 5?

Off the top of my head, and subject to change:
  1. Refused to lead in our rapidly-deteriorating race problems, refusing to even acknowledge the perspective of one "side"
  2. Refused to lead in our rapidly-deteriorating socioeconomic problems, refusing to even acknowledge the perspective of one "side"
  3. Purposely downplayed the severity of a deadly pandemic bearing down on America
  4. Purposely enabled thousands of Americans to gather in close quarters as a deadly pandemic was killing Americans
  5. Aggressively isolated us from the rest of the free world, alienating our allies, surrendering our status as "Leader of the Free World"
Please note: You asked. I don't expect you to agree with any of the above, and I'm not trying to change your mind on any of it.

Off the top of my head, and subject to change:
  1. Refused to lead in our rapidly-deteriorating race problems, refusing to even acknowledge the perspective of one "side"
  2. Refused to lead in our rapidly-deteriorating socioeconomic problems, refusing to even acknowledge the perspective of one "side"
  3. Purposely downplayed the severity of a deadly pandemic bearing down on America
  4. Purposely enabled thousands of Americans to gather in close quarters as a deadly pandemic was killing Americans
  5. Aggressively isolated us from the rest of the free world, alienating our allies, surrendering our status as "Leader of the Free World"
Please note: You asked. I don't expect you to agree with any of the above, and I'm not trying to change your mind on any of it.
These are very general and not factual. For example, Trump DID condemn the violence in Charlottesville and DID condemn the white supremacists there, even though the media twisted his words saying, "there were good people on both sides". The protest was over the tearing down of Robert E Lee, who was a pivotal historical figure, they were not all white supremacists and racists. So the media lies and REFUSES to acknowledge Trump condemning the violence and the racists. I presume even you don't believe this and believe the Don Lemmings of the world instead. I can even show you the video tape of when he did condemn it, but you have no interest I'm sure.

And such things as the Pandemic, who was down playing it? Was it Trump banning travel from China and Europe or those accusing him of xenophobia and fearmongering for doing it like Biden and Pelosi?

Alienating our allies? You probably have no idea that Trump is presiding over a very historic peace treaty with Israel and her Islamic neighbors, presumably because CNN refuses to talk about it.

Forum List

Back