Hispanics: The Democrats may have put themselves in a bind

You avoided the question... why are you trying to make it hard for people to vote?
The poll tax and literacy testvwas your idea

if you think a literacy test only affects black people now you understand why they have a higher unemployment rate

and it aint racism

The poll tax and literacy testvwas your idea

if you think a literacy test only affects black people now you understand why they have a higher unemployment rate

and it aint racism

Actually, it was a suppression method used by whites during Jim Crow....

Again, why do you want to keep people from voting? Are you aware how weak your ideas are that you can't sell them?

Shouldn't matter. If you know the name of the candidate you want to vote for, that should be it.
You have VERY low standards for representative government

meaning garbage in as in illiterate uninformed voters and you get garbage out with terrible government

meaning garbage in as in illiterate uninformed voters and you get garbage out with terrible government

You might have a point. I think we should eliminate everyone who thinks there is a Magic Man in the Sky (AKA God) from voting, as they are too ignorant and needy to make the big decisions.

Oh. Wait. No.

I don't call that "cheating", I call that community outreach. Cheating would be if someone voted who wasn't allowed to vote, or a ballot was cast for someone who didn't exist.

That's really not what happened.

But it is telling that the most horrifying thing for your wingnuts is people voting, particularly people of color. Because you know your crazy is in the minority and you'd be washed away if people woke up and voted.

I believe there likely was some cheating but it is fair to note that Republicans do consider community outreach as cheating.

You might have a point. I think we should eliminate everyone who thinks there is a Magic Man in the Sky (AKA God) from voting, as they are too ignorant and needy to make the big decisions.

Oh. Wait. No.
Thats weak

and very lib

you want to punish specific people you disagree with, which is very unAmerican

having one standard for everyone regardless of race or religious belief is what this country is founded on

That any Hispanic who votes Republican is dumber than a Chicken who votes for Colonel Sanders.

We've been over this, Vichy Mac. You predicted a big Hispanic shift to Trump, and it didn't happen. (no, a four percent variance for an incumbent president isn't a shift.)

Which proves exactly nothing. The reality is, Americans as a whole are socially conservative and fiscally liberal. So the GOP has always done a pretty good job getting stupid people to vote for them by playing on their sexual and religious fears as well as their racial ones.

Amen!

So do you. Please don't pretend your voter suppression is about anything other than suppressing the votes of people of color.
What you call voter suppression is just one legal voter, one legal vote

Except that's not what you guys are trying to do. You are trying to make it harder for people to vote by putting more burdens on them to excercise their franchise.
How? By making them vote on the day set for voting? By requiring that they show they are who they say they are? Nah….

Many simply pick the straight ticket option which is pretty much the same as being illiterate.

Except that's not what you guys are trying to do. You are trying to make it harder for people to vote by putting more burdens on them to excercise their franchise.
To some extent thats true

if all they have to do is sign the ballot and you vote for them thats bad

How? By making them vote on the day set for voting? By requiring that they show they are who they say they are? Nah….

Why should it be one day? Why should someone have to make special arrangements to take a day off to exercise their franchise?

To some extent thats true

if all they have to do is sign the ballot and you vote for them thats bad

Why is that bad? I mean other than they won't vote the way you would want them to vote.

Forum List

Back